Test and Go unlikely to return until mid-year at the earliest, pre-registered Test and Go still valid

webfact

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So as usual Sandy you believe that no one coming across the borders could have brought it in, it could not have come from anyone but a visitor. 

"It did not come into the country just with the tourists.....it was here already."

Your words, bottom line is you have no idea how it originated yet you emphatically state,

"Folks want to buy into the foreigners brought it here, not Thailand's fault....."

Obviously people crossing borders are not foreigners, maybe already here?

Tourism should be shut down in Thailand until the Covid is finally over. No need to import more Covid cases.

I drive a large sedan with a V8 engine. It gets about 10 miles to the gallon. I never plan on driving a EV car or using solar.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

i find it very hard to believe that number if these people were pcr tested prior to departure. you have link to this

Yes, it is amazing, but yet, there they are, and most away to the hospital for isolation.  System failure at the max, and why 16 day quarantine is the only way to go.

Initially when having quarantine (before SB & T-G), testing positive on arrival/1st at hotel, 4th, 7th and catching positives, even a few on the 11th day test.   Again, why 16 days worked.

• Confused 2

thailand this time last year was opening up

Now with vaccinations milder variant probably than the flu, hospitality and nightlife desimated, the part of our society vital to our mental health gone.

Many ecomonies have have survived taking these social freedom away some have become more productive and controling.

Will take years for any trust to come back will be worse for many than the virus itself.

Starting to miss the stupid TAT numbers and revenue figures.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I get it now, someone sent it ahead so it was already there when they arrived.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/70-of-new-covid-19-cases-in-thailand-are-delta-variant-dr-yong/

You don't get anything unfortunately.

The spreading of the Alpha and Delta variants in Thailand came from a Hi So Thai gathering in Thong Lor and construction workers.

What's that got to do with foreign tourists?

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s “Test and Go” travel scheme, which enabled vaccinated visitors to visit the country without quarantine, is unlikely to return until the middle of 2022, according to a senior official at the Ministry of Public Health.

Hope the manufacturing output keeps the 80% of GDP alive.

Sounds like the 20% from tourism is sunk.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You don't get anything unfortunately.

The original Delta cluster that closed Thailand's entertainment and hospitality businesses for 8 months came from a party of Hi So Thai's in Thong Lor., Bangkok.

What's that got to do with foreign tourists?

And where was the Delta variant detected first, back in late 2020, though not named until May 2021.

India & arrivals from ... 

Edited by KhunLA

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Hope the manufacturing output keeps the 80% of GDP alive.

Sounds like the 20% from tourism is sunk.

What percentage of Thai GDP is from tourism now?   That 20% figure is history!  Time to rethink how tourism actually contributes to the Thai economy now!

10 minutes ago, thaiman said:

What percentage of Thai GDP is from tourism now?   That 20% figure is history!  Time to rethink how tourism actually contributes to the Thai economy now!

International tourism doesn't even figure now, not enough revenue to make a difference to the economy in general.

Domestic movement is the only income.

End of T & G but open sandboxes on the mainland ? 

The only difference being that it should be viable to trace Sandbox people after the 5 day test, which through short-sightedness/incompetence, they seem otherwise unable to do with any degree of confidence.

However there will be no restrictions on anyone else entering or leaving the Sandbox (ie Krabi Province) and mixing with the Sand-baggers. potentially trading viruses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I did not say or imply that.  Although ignorant, arrogant, reckless locals, expats, immigrant workers & tourist (dom & int'l) certainly added to the problem / #s.

OP is about the T&G policy, or non 16 day quarantine.   That's what I'm addressing.  When having 16 day quarantine for all, clusters were manageable.  Without the 16 day quarantine, arriving  infections, and flat out stupid behavior of all, and the clusters were no longer manageable.

Lack of quarantine, or the failed Sandbox & T&G schemes were for developing an already crushed tourism economy, for the benefit of the very few still invested in it.  Nothing like feeding the fire.  Went from 3000+ deaths back in July, call it August, when Sandbox opened to now 20,000+ death.  Smart move.

To your early comment, since covid is not endemic, or wasn't 2 yrs ago, yes, tourism is to blame.  Now it's shared by all who act irresponsible.

And yet, I've been called irresponsible & selfish, more than a few times by more than a few members, because I'm not vax'd and went out & about.  Around the whole country a few times, matter of fact.  And yet, listening and following 'most' of the practical advice, from smarter people than myself, I didn't get or spread the virus.

BUT ... I simply practiced self distancing, without or with a mask when called for.   Didn't attend crowded events, didn't Q up or visit crowded restaurants, ate off hours (my norm anyway).

Simply practiced that very uncommon common sense.

Want to save lives and stop the spread ... 16 day quarantine for all arrivals.  International Tourism - DNR to safe to restart, develop domestic tourism in the meantime. 

So basically because you're a loner then everybody else should not only be a loner but lose out on their income? Sounds legit. The entitlement of some of you is shocking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“We cannot reimplement it without adding to the public health burden so the sandbox program will be our only course to bringing in international tourists,” the senior official told Thai Enquirer by phone.

To compensate and try to continue to entice foreign tourists to the country, the government will add more cities to the sandbox program where foreigners can travel freely in a locality for seven days before being allowed to visit the rest of the country.

Why do articles constantly refer only to tourists? I need to visit Dubai for a couple of weeks next month, but it appears that even though I live in Thailand, where I have been triple-vaxxed, I would have to go into quarantine. And for how many days is it this time? I've lost track of the constant changes.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Soyboy said:

So basically because you're a loner then everybody else should not only be a loner but lose out on their income? Sounds legit. The entitlement of some of you is shocking

Amazing analogy.  Cater to the few who profit (tourism already dead), at the expense of about 18k lives.  The little people hurting financially, hardly benefited.

But hey, the 'entitled' ???? loner guy, who does what is recommended, not infected, not spreading, is insensitive .... got it.

33 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Your lack of knowledge is stunning.

US is recommending 5 day quarantine for omicron.

Where do you get your ridiculous 16 days.

The centre for social media science in nakhon nowhere?

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html

Makes your utterances even more laughable and irrelevant.

Thailand quarantine I refer to was 16 day.   You may want to go to a USA thread & quote USA policy.

2 hours ago, thisisrascal said:

Advocating a 16 day quarantine for all new arrivals is absolutely nuts. Covid and its many variants are never going away and new variants will continue to emerge, so what you’re advocating is that a 16 day quarantine should remain for eternity….

Yep ... until people stop dying in double digits every day, and the active case / clusters, are manageable.  Let the virus mutate itself down to Influenza A&B level.  They still make money scaring people into their yearly flu shot.

Promote domestic tourism, so when the next 'pandemic of whatever hits', the businesses won't be dependent on Intern'l tourist.  Which should have been their business strategy from the get go.  The businesses that survived were savvy enough to figure that out.  Go figure.

7 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It's called science not you plucking nonsense out of the air.

Now please link to where a 16 day quarantine is recommended for omicron.

I didn't say it was, and feel free to point out where I did.  I said Thai's quarantine policy before Sandbox / T&G was 16 days, and should remain 16 days in the future.  2nd part, just my opinion.

Somehow, a few with minimal reading comprehension assumed otherwise.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I didn't say it was, and feel free to point out where I did.  I said Thai's quarantine policy before Sandbox / T&G was 16 days, and should remain 16 days in the future.  2nd part, just my opinion.

Somehow, a few with minimal reading comprehension assumed otherwise.

Link to back up your uneducated opinion?

Just now, Cherrytreeview said:

Link to back up your uneducated opinion?

That's why it's called an opinion.  Opinion based on past quarantine, when nobody came out after 16 days still positive and able to transmit the virus.  When cases & clusters were easily manageable.

When something works, you might want to stick with it.  That's called common sense, no need for a link.  

Have a nice day .........

• Haha 1