Test and Go unlikely to return until mid-year at the earliest, pre-registered Test and Go still valid

webfact

4 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Used to go to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every year.

Hope you have a great night at the comedy club and spend plenty.

Hospitality could do with the cash.

Things are very quickly getting back to normal.

Boris made the right decision, luckily his back benchers put pressure on, and now the doomster scientists and home nations have been made fools of.

Time to move on. Thailand has most likely peaked already.

However, i can't fix stupid.

just sent you a PM

48 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

yes

Clearly, math is not your strong suit. 

If hospitals in Thailand fill up again, there will be a government response. You can't debate that away. Either Omicron will fill the hospitals, or it won't. If the hospitals are empty, then the epidemic will end shortly.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, tomster said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/mexico-removes-all-covid-19-entry-requirements-including-health-form/

It's now all about keeping the protests off the streets, nothing else. Once the elections are done this year they will open within days, this is now 100% political and nothing to do with health.

They will open up before the elections. 

• Like 1

Back to the original point of this thread which is test and Go return.  I really give up predicting anything the thai government will do.  I can posit what I think they should do.

First, regardless of where it entered originally Omicron is in Thailand.  it is very infectious and there is really no way they will prevent it's spread.  Best case with some restrictions they can slow it so their hospitals are not over run at any single point in time.  I do not know if that is an issue or not.

Regarding what they should do with tourists - open the damn door.  Omicron is ALREADY THERE.  A tourist arriving that has recently been tested in the west as negative is far more likely to contract covid in Thailand than to be bringing it with them.  In either case repeat - omicron is already there. 

If Thailand wasn't showing large numbers of it now I could see restricting tourists.  But now it's like closing the barn door after the horse already bolted.  It would do more good for the large percentage of population that relies on tourist dollars to allow resumption of most tourist business than the slight additional harm created allowing them in.

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Clearly, math is not your strong suit. 

If hospitals in Thailand fill up again, there will be a government response. You can't debate that away. Either Omicron will fill the hospitals, or it won't. If the hospitals are empty, then the epidemic will end shortly.

I did n't know whether to put a 'confused' or 'laughinh' emoji, either way crazy way to think...

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If Omicron is a tenth as lethal, but 10 times more infectious, you think that’s a good thing.

Your numbers are completely off the mark. Right now in the US, there are around 800,000 new cases a day, with 2,000 deaths. With Delta there were 200,000 cases a day with 2,000 deaths. Is there an improvement with Omi? 

The fatality rate is lower worldwide. Alot lower. Far fewer deaths is an improvement. And an improvement is a good thing. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Welsh First Minister is on the radio.

Omicron infections have fallen from 2300 per 100,000 to 1200 per 100,000 in one week.

No wonder the South African scientists and doctors thought the rest of the world had taken leave of their senses with their hysterical panicking.

Perfectly personified by some posters here.

Alot of panic and hysteria on here. I can sort of understand it when coming from the average Thai, since they are being indoctrinated by a regime with an agenda. But from Western expats? Please. Omi is a blessing. Just wait. This thing will burn itself out fast. Relax. Take a deep breath. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Your numbers are completely off the mark. Right now in the US, there are around 800,000 new cases a day, with 2,000 deaths. With Delta there were 200,000 cases a day with 2,000 deaths. Is there an improvement with Omi? 

A video I watched yesterday addressed the USA numbers, which are at conflict with most other countries wrt Omicron and hospitalizations. Most countries are exhibiting far lower pathology with omicron....It was discussed that the USA had higher numbers due to 3 factors: still a fair bit of Delta around, lower vaccination levels, and higher comorbidities. 

I believe omicron is the start of the end... and by the way, has peaked (wrt infections) earlier than expected in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The fatality rate is lower worldwide. Alot lower. Far fewer deaths is an improvement. And an improvement is a good thing. 

Okay, I will use these numbers instead: four times as infectious, and a fourth as lethal. 

Same same. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nope. A 1 to 2% fatality rate with Delta, and a 0.25% fatality rate with Omi. Which do you prefer? 

Some countries are now indicating that they will consider hospitalisations and deaths in forming policy and not cases. If the deaths remain the same, so will policy. The rate doesn't matter anymore. Until hospitaliations and deaths are reduced in absolute numbers we can expect continued restrictions. Governments are not guided by statistics so much as their ability to cope from a medical standpoint.

Edited by ozimoron

KhunLA you present some very confusing arguments.

Is your advocating of tight border restrictions (useless as already proven, thailand's biggest outbreak triggered by illegal border crossings, mostly thais ) driven by your concern for the thai public ? yet you boast about travelling the country unvaccinated ? 

Clearly unlike many here you have no desire (or means) to leave and re-enter the country, otherwise you wouldn't be sprouting such rubbish.