Forgot about the TM30 - Phuket immigration

Couple of urgent questions:

The last day of my 30 day visa exempt entry (American) is the 17th of January (Monday)

I didn't realize (own fault) that I had to RE-DO the whole TM30 process (Power of attorney, tax stamp, Landlord documents) after doing it 6 months ago before I left Thailand. Because of this, I never checked with my landlord to make sure he did it online when I arrived. He naturally did not. 

So now its the 13th and I need to reprocess the TM30 so that I can ONLY THEN apply for a 30 day extension of stay at phuket immigration. 

Landlord is out of town, but is offering to report me online right now, but im not sure if this will be enough lead time to actually be registered into immigrations system before I need to apply for a 30 day extension. 

How long does it take to register online and be all accountable for at immigration? 

Can I to go immigration on my last day stamped on my passport? Or do I need to go one day before the last stamped date to get the 30 day extension?

If I go a day or 2 overstay before I can manage to sort this all out, will this overstay exclude me from registering the TM30 and getting the 30 day extension? 

Personally I would forget the trying to file your own TM30.

You could check into a cheap hotel that assures you they can file a TM30 and give you screenshot of receipt.

Don't be too concerned with overstay. Yes it's 500baht per day but they will still process your extension. 

You could also ask for advice in Phuket forum. You may obtain first hand recent advice there. 

Alternatively go to agent. Not really needed. 

Can someone urgently let me know when exactly im on overstay? 

The date stamped in my Passport is January 17th. So I would be on overstay at midnight as soon as the date rolls over? 

Meaning I can still go to immigration on the 17th (last date in passport stamp) and get extended with no issues?

Or is there some "rule" that you've got to go 1 day before your last stamped day?

@ubonjoe

5 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Meaning I can still go to immigration on the 17th (last date in passport stamp) and get extended with no issues?

Overstay refers to staying in Thailand beyond the period for which you are permitted.

You can go on the 17th.

Is the landlord supposed to provide some kind of receipt after he does the TM30 online? He sent me a screenshot from his phone of what looks like some kind of confirmation page with my name and passport number but its rather unofficial looking. 

Is he supposed to give me some kind of document or anything to take to immigration? Or will they just look at their database at immigration and see if im registered anywhere and I dont need to bring anything? 

This is so convoluted...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Is the landlord supposed to provide some kind of receipt after he does the TM30 online? He sent me a screenshot from his phone of what looks like some kind of confirmation page with my name and passport number but its rather unofficial looking. 

Is he supposed to give me some kind of document or anything to take to immigration? Or will they just look at their database at immigration and see if im registered anywhere and I dont need to bring anything? 

This is so convoluted...

What you have is screenshot of your landlord filing of TM30.

That's all you need.

Personally I would print it out. Mail it to yourself and print attachment.

Yes looks like a one line entry.

If you have any receipt of rent etc take it along. Won't be needed. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, farang51 said:

They didn't ask for the TM30 when I got an extension in Phuket last month, and at least one other forum member had the same experience.

Was it a regular extension or a "covid" extension? 

Im going tomorrow morning to see if I can get the extention to work with just the normal paperwork and what the landlord provided. If not, then Ill rush the TM30 myself at the 11th hour on monday. 

Either way Im going to do my damndest to get it sorted because in my case a week or so after I get this done I have to go straight into changing over to a Non-O Based on marriage, then 1 year extensions. So I need the TM30 sorted properly anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

I'm going tomorrow morning to see if I can get the extention to work with just the normal paperwork and what the landlord provided.

The screen grab your landlord provided is enough. 

The 30 day extension is enough time to obtain your non O.

You will be using money in the bank. 

The 400k needs to be in the account on day of application.

I assume you already have Thai bank account in your name.

5 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

I do, and do my yearly FBAR on it as well. 

Excellent. 

So just have the 400k+ in that account and your right to go.

Obviously you would be aware of the docs required for marriage.

As you would be aware, the non O stamps you in for 90 days then in the last 30 days you can obtain your extension.

Happy wife Happy life. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

As you would be aware, the non O stamps you in for 90 days then in the last 30 days you can obtain your extension.

Last time I went through this process it was 14 days before Non-O expires, but I think Phuket demands at least 21 days. 

47 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Was it a regular extension or a "covid" extension? 

That was the regular extension for 30 days. I am going for the covid extension next week, I heard that they ask for it then, but I hope not; I don't think my landlord has ever made a TM30 for any of the tenants.

5 minutes ago, farang51 said:

That was the regular extension for 30 days. I am going for the covid extension next week, I heard that they ask for it then, but I hope not; I don't think my landlord has ever made a TM30 for any of the tenants.

There seems (as usual) to be no set rule regarding the need for TM30.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it wasn't required for the standard 30 day extension.

Just an opinion but thinking might be needed for covid extension. 

Hope you have plan B to obtain covid extension if TM30 is required.

22 minutes ago, farang51 said:

@DrJack54   Had advice that made seemed sound - book a hotel and ask for proof of TM30 before going to immigration. I was about to do just that before creating this. 

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There seems (as usual) to be no set rule regarding the need for TM30.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it wasn't required for the standard 30 day extension.

Just an opinion but thinking might be needed for covid extension. 

Hope you have plan B to obtain covid extension if TM30 is required.

I would try to convince my landlord to make one.

I will go today to have more time if there are any problems; I will report here whether they require the TM30.

• Thanks 2

Uh, too many people, I do not have time to wait for hours today. I will go tomorrow or next week.

By the way, does anybody know if it is downstairs, the same place as the 30 day extension, or if the covid extension is upstairs?

Edited by farang51
Spleling error

3 hours ago, Leveraged said:

This is so convoluted...

Screenshot is the only way to get a paper showing online registration. Sounds like the landlord registered you (it is immediate if the online submission goes through). So you are fine and good to go.

While Imm can see the TM30 registration on their computer many offices want you to submit a piece of paper. Bring print out of the screenshot with you.

Personally I'd go today or tomorrow and not leave it till Monday. Never a good idea to leave it to the last day in case some unexpected wrinkle arises.

TM30 - IMO what a load of bureaucratic BS!! To be fair, during my 20years in Thailand I never completed one, maybe the Thai hotels did? I used to regularly go on monthly sightseeing and/or shopping trips across the border into neighboring ASEAN countries (Tachilek in Burma for shopping).  Getting a new TM6 (Arrival/Departure card) each time was sufficient. I had a multiple re-entry permit along with my one year non-O retirement visa, so no problems. 

26 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

. I had a multiple re-entry permit along with my one year non-O retirement visa, so no problems

Don't think for one moment that your experience is unique.

My experience is exactly same apart from my 10 yrs and not 20.

That all means nothing if you were in need of obtaining a covid extension. 

Currently most likely would need a TM30 if in situation as most on folk obtaining them.

That is the topic of the thread.

• Thanks 1

I think you don't need a TM 30.  I was able to do the 30 Visa exempt extension at Patong very easily with no TM 30. For covid visa, I thought it was required ( booked 1 night at a hotel for the TM 30 online receipt ) but now I think it's not. The first time I did the covid visa extension, the person checking the papers briefly looked at the receipt picture on my phone. The second time, they did not ask for it. Let me know if you have questions.

I just needed a TM30 for my visa renewal in Kanchanaburi.  The immigration agent said she needed so see "residence" in the computer to issue the extension.

I booked a $10 hotel, checked in, asked them nicely to register me in the computer for immigration purposes.

Went back the next day, was in the system as residence in the area, and got extension.

So just book a hotel that can do the TM30 for you.  Easy!

Ok good news, went on Monday, last date stamped in the passport with all the docs needed (power of attorney & tax stamp, rental agreement, etc,) and was successful, then got the 3o day extension. 

Took several hours though, arrived at 08:40 and didnt get out until 12:00 when they took lunch. 

So everything is set for me to start the transfer to Non-O in about 7-10 days. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...