Be safe out there. Some are playing roulette.

WEBBYB808

4 minutes ago, Jerno said:

That may be true but also illegal, and those people could have (should have) faced the $5000 fine for not doing self quarantine as the law requires.

I agree, you're from Canada though, so you probably already know they weren't fined 

Edited by dj230

" I just finished  my 14 days after a positive.  Cleared non contagious from hospital.   Just walked down the soi where the night life thrives."

'Jumping right back in the frying pan' ... comes to mind ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

The doctor told me when I cleared, that one in ten patients are severe

That's very strange. I've been hearing something completely different.

Happy you got out well 

Edited by elcaro
  • Like 1

Fallangs too; I've only been to a local restaurant once this year (after Covid hospital) and the stories are silly.  Many seem to have been sick, or failed a test, but very few did any form of isolation - and they don't seem bothered at all about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Fallangs too; I've only been to a local restaurant once this year (after Covid hospital) and the stories are silly.  Many seem to have been sick, or failed a test, but very few did any form of isolation - and they don't seem bothered at all about that.

You nailed it on the head.  It's two fold if not more.

• Like 1

WORLD DATA ATLAS  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA  DEMOGRAPHICS

United States of America - Crude death rate

8.9(per 1,000 people)in 2020

In 2020, death rate for United States of America was 8.9 per 1,000 people. Death rate of United States of America fell gradually from 9.5 per 1,000 people in 1971 to 8.9 per 1,000 people in 2020.

The description is composed by our digital data assistant.

What is death rate?

Crude death rate indicates the number of deaths occurring during the year, per 1,000 population estimated at midyear. Subtracting the crude death rate from the crude birth rate provides the rate of natural increase, which is equal to the rate of population change in the absence of migration.

United States/Population

329.5 million (2020)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

The doctor told me when I cleared, that one in ten patients are severe.

Can you clarify this part please. 

1 in 10 people who tested positive are severely ill? Definitely not.

Or, 1 in 10 people who are admitted to hospital because of Covid symptoms are severely ill?

We know from all the data coming out globally that Omicron causes much less severe symptoms than previous variants. 

It's just as important not to overplay this as it is not to downplay it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Can you clarify this part please. 

1 in 10 people who tested positive are severely ill? Definitely not.

Or, 1 in 10 people who are admitted to hospital because of Covid symptoms are severely ill?

We know from all the data coming out globally that Omicron causes much less severe symptoms than previous variants. 

It's just as important not to overplay this as it is not to downplay it. 

Just wrote what the doctor at the hospital  told me.  I dont  know what his definition of severe means, death, lasting debilitation,  or long occurrence of symptoms,  I dont know.  But severe doesn't  always mean death.  I agree one in ten sounds like a lot, but thats what he said.  It doesn't  mean he is only talking about Omicron,  as the Delta Variations  is still prevalent in Thailand. 

Edited by WEBBYB808

18 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

yes, the total average. Just wanted to have an idea what 2000 alleged deaths from covid represented in the total average number

If 300 die in an airplane crash, do you reflect on how many other people died that day from something else?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

That is something that most I encounter in my life are like. Why would they change just because of a virus?

Exactly!  This may just what we need to force the immunity.   Without  being told or set up for it the locals might make it happen  just because  its the way thier life is.