Forgot re-entry permit, visa cancelled?

17 minutes ago, bookstore said:

There is a law office across the street from the American Embassy called TSL (David Lam) he can fix it without leaving the country. same thing happened to me my first time out because I didn't know about the reentry requirement

On 1/13/2022 at 1:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your one year extension of stay is gone since you did not get a re-entry permit before leaving the country.

You can apply for a non-on visa at immigration and then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you can apply for a new one year extension of stay.

To apply for the non-o visa you will need at least 15 day remaining on your 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Requirements for the non-o visa is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

I've no doubt an agent could fix it for the OP without him needing to leave the country.  On the other hand for 2,000 baht (Non-O visa obtained from immigration) and 1,900 baht (1 year retirement extension) or 3,900 baht he can fix it for himself without needing to leave the country as UbonJoe explains.  Somehow I think the agent is going to want more than 3,900 baht.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bookstore said:

There is a law office across the street from the American Embassy called TSL (David Lam) he can fix it without leaving the country. same thing happened to me my first time out because I didn't know about the reentry requirement

The OP was stamped in visa exempt.

Didn't require a law office.

Any visa agent can organize the pathway as outline few times in the thread.

Given the OP would have bank account etc in place, it's very easy to do it himself no point of lawyer or visa agent. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ginkas said:

OMG What nonsense!

Now clearly spelled out so as to inform not only the OP but anyone else who needs to know.

Look. There are too many know all people on this forum already. I could have pointed out to the OP exactly the same as @Sheryl. There are no brownie points here for making the OP look stupid.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, scorecard said:

Disagree, Sheryl's post is well relevant and as always very clear. Well done Sheryl!

You just come across as somone in a fan club.

I could have pointed out to the OP exactly the same as @Sheryl. There are no brownie points here for making the OP look stupid.

• Sad 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, BritTim said:

I am forgetful at times. To ensure I will always remember to get a re-entry permit at the airport, I keep a slip of paper in my passport, next to my data page, that has in big red letters drawn with a felt tip pen: Re-entry Permit!

I get a multi every time I extend. Why would you leave it till the last  minute  at the airport?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimn said:

OMG I know you are correct but your post is full of pedantic nonsense. The only helpful point to the OP is your last point. The previous 3 points just point out to him that his terminology is wrong. There is no need for it. As a moderator you should be a bit more sensitive.

Accuracy  is not pedantry. I found the explanation  very informative

• Like 2