Model Poppy Delevingne, 35, spent 10 'extraordinarily lonely' days in isolation in private BKK Hospital, rooms cost up to £1,500 after testing positive for Covid on arrival.

anchadian

Model Poppy Delevingne has revealed how she had to spend 10 days in isolation in a Thai hospital after testing positive for Covid on arrival. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10397893/Poppy-Delevingne-spent-10-days-isolation-Bangkok-Hospital-testing-positive-Covid.html

There is a key word missing from the headline of this thread... 

Model Poppy Delevingne, 35, reveals she spent 10 'extraordinarily lonely' days in isolation in private Bangkok Hospital where rooms CAN cost up to £1,500 after testing positive for Covid on arrival in Thailand.

A suite room may cost that much, but regular private rooms are far far less - the story inflates the price by 10x for that additional attention !!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Model Poppy Delevingne, 35, reveals she spent 10 'extraordinarily lonely' days in isolation in private Bangkok Hospital where rooms CAN cost up to £1,500 after testing positive for Covid on arrival in Thailand.

A suite room may cost that much, but regular private rooms are far far less - the story inflates the price by 10x for that additional attention !!!!! 

Hospitals can charge whatever they want like usual. I've seen reports of bills from 150k-300k baht, especially if an ICU stay is needed.

• Like 1

As an 'uninsured' Covid patient I spent 13 nights in a 'negative pressure' BKK Hospital room in Chantaburi - I was unwell for two short spells due to pre-existing matters, but apart from a bad day or two, it was OK. I watched a lot of snooker on Thai TV and thankfully, had my laptop. The food was good.

For that time, I saw only hazmat and it cost B108 K. I had expected more - they knew I was uninsured.

You just gotta grit your teeth and get on with it.

A bit of a shock for a Poppy type but no big deal.

Edited by TorquayFan
  • Like 1

I should add that before getting into BKKH I was in the Public Hospital.

6th floor, open windows, next to a Guy with worrying symptons, food 'difficult', no TV etc.

BUT the kind Doctor gave me his personal Wi-Fi so I could use the laptop.

Now Poppy would have been impressed by that - complaining about the trauma of BKKH is for the 'luvvies'.

12 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Of course not, that's why $50k insurance is mandatory.

Current insurance will not pay for for housing, food, etc. Only medically necessary treatment.

The regime finally understands this issue and is rumored to be addressing it.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-quarantine-insurance-for-tourist-to-thailand

The regime must indemnify tourists for forced detention costs.

12 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

It is amazing how many people test negative when boarding then positive on arrival. Sounds impossible to me

Bill-fold Biopsy.

Or tip foreigner upside down, shake.

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Seen many, many, many, many reports - all involve charges in the 100,000 baht range.

58 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

A bit of a shock for a Poppy type but no big deal.

40 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Now Poppy would have been impressed by that - complaining about the trauma of BKKH is for the 'luvvies'.

Yes, I'm sure she'd be impressed with your "effort". <cough>

I didn't read her post(s) as complaints, but rather challenges.

Interesting how many here like to project their inadequacies onto others. 

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

"'I couldn’t have done it without my friends and family who kept my spirits up over endless FaceTimes and WhatsApps and for that I am eternally grateful. 

'Also a huge thank you to the doctors and nurses at BANGKOK hospital who were kind and brave, doing what they do. "

Just another social media opportunity for "Poppy"...how fortunate

• Like 2

MTLS - "Interesting how many here like to project their inadequacies onto others". What ? I suggest that's you projecting your own inadequacies . . . . . It's a Forum - I was just trying to relate a relevant experience - being in BKKH for a couple of weeks is not quite the end of the World.

Moving on. Quote - "Poppy shared photos on Instagram documenting her experience, including a shot of an empty hospital corridor and a mirror selfie of her wearing hospital pyjamas". Poor love.

Happily she doesn't mention having Covid symptoms at all and she seems to have kept cheerful. Maybe asymptomatic ?

We hear a lot these days about 'false negatives' but not so much about 'false positives'. Now that, on arrival in Thailand, would be a major pain. Not a good time to travel . . . .

Edited by TorquayFan
some more

21 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

It's a Forum - I was just trying to relate a relevant experience

No one is questioning your right to share your experience and "opinion".

Yes, it is interesting that Ms. Delevingne did not complain, and even was thoughtful enough to say..

'Also a huge thank you to the doctors and nurses at BANGKOK hospital who were kind and brave, doing what they do. 

whereas your post seemed to be more about how valliant you were in the face of adversity, while dissing Ms. Delevingne for "complaining", which she didn't do.

Edited by mtls2005

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly…complete nonsense.

Here’s Bumrungrads rates for their Premiere Royal Suite (2BR Suite) @ less than £900 per night and also the ICU rates.

Bangkok Hospital (where the article says she stayed) costs even less.

EABBF476-5A1A-48A2-88C6-D7E8BC4FD9C4.png

2017B52C-D369-4E32-BCB4-C1AAB301E674.png

E5B8413A-808F-47D9-B82E-939DB1BCE911.png

316D3B9B-4F11-4B48-B335-DEDA042F1607.png

Edited by Airalee
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Seems like your beef is with the Daily Mail?

Maybe fire of a letter to the editor expressing your indignance?

Honestly I took the 1,500 GBP figure as a total rather than a daily figure.

But that wasn't my main take-away from this story.

My CQ (Codger-Quotient) must be slipping?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems like your beef is with the Daily Mail?

Maybe fire of a letter to the editor expressing your indignance?

Honestly I took the 1,500 GBP figure as a total rather than a daily figure.

But that wasn't my main take-away from this story.

My CQ (Codger-Quotient) must be slipping?

Or the thread could just be deleted for being “fake news”

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Current insurance will not pay for for housing, food, etc. Only medically necessary treatment.

The regime finally understands this issue and is rumored to be addressing it.

If the regime doesn't understand that cases like the OP will get wide publicity and result in less arrivals they only have themselves to blame if tourism is a bust this year as well.

I hope every case like this does get maximum publicity, as money, or rather lack of money is probably the only thing that will make a difference.

MTLS - 'complaining' or not, this is a song and dance for sure. Poppy - "The last 10 days have been the toughest. I’m not in the right head space to dwell on it too much, I only want to think about the positives. I really had to go beyond myself and while the situation was extraordinarily lonely, it was also powerful and I will take so much away with me from the experience." MMmmm. And a tear jerking picture of the empty corridor - what did she expect to find in the corridor outside a Covid ward? The hanging gardens of Babylon, wildebeeste sweeping over the plains or even BJ's mates having a party?

As I said before, happily she doesn't mention having Covid symptoms at all and she seems to have kept cheerful. good for her and I'm delighted she's out now.

I hope YOU haven't had Covid and I hope that you don't get it in the future. I thought it interesting to mention the Public Hospital as a contrast to the luxury that Poppy and I enjoyed in BKKH. You response to me has been sour.

Valiant is a good word - a requirement to post when you are around. BFN

Edited by TorquayFan

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The report does not inflate the price, the article clearly quoted that figure as the cost for 10 nights, not one night, that would explain the "10x" part that you don't understand!...

"A private room in the hospital can cost up to 70,000 Baht, or £1,500 for 10 nights as part of a quarantine package". 

4 hours ago, Airalee said:

Here’s Bumrungrads rates for their Premiere Royal Suite (2BR Suite) @ less than £900 per night and also the ICU rates.

Bangkok Hospital (where the article says she stayed) costs even less.

EABBF476-5A1A-48A2-88C6-D7E8BC4FD9C4.png

2017B52C-D369-4E32-BCB4-C1AAB301E674.png

E5B8413A-808F-47D9-B82E-939DB1BCE911.png

316D3B9B-4F11-4B48-B335-DEDA042F1607.png

The price mentioned in the article referred to a "10 night quarantine package", not the price per night!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The price mentioned in the article referred to a "10 night quarantine package", not the price per night!

Oh….I see that.  In that case, it would be quite cheap.  I guess the article is more for sycophants who are enamored by whoever this woman is or just another Covid attention seeking post.