Can't download Bangkok Bank's new mobile software

placeholder

A while back I downloaded the original version of Bangkok Bank's mobile banking software. No problem. Then I received notification that an upgraded version was available. I tried downloading the upgrade but my attempt was refused. Which was fine so long as my version worked. Bangkok Bank stopped allowing that version to be used. So I decided to delete the previous version and start fresh. My request to download failed again. Anyone have any idea why this is the case? Or whom to contact about this?

Is your phone Apple or Android?

In the past I've had difficulty downloading Thai centric apps to my iPhone when my Apple ID was registered as US based.  When I changed to Thai based ID the problem disappeared.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Anyone have any idea why this is the case? Or whom to contact about this?

Contact your bank!

And just to be 100% sure: Don't install any (updated) bank application if you are not 100% sure they are actually from your bank. If some application claims to be from your bank that doesn't mean that is true. And if you enter your username and password bad things might happen.

• Thanks 1

Is your phone updated and running the latest operating system? Do you have a stable strong internet connection? Do you have a VPN or Adblocker turned on on your phone? Any other software that hides your location? If so maybe try turning them off before downloading.

I'm not saying these are cures, but might work. Other than that try calling 1333 or even pop into a branch.

HTH

• Like 1

I just installed the latest Bangkok Bank app on my Samsung A51 running Android 11. So it looks like a configuration issue on your phone. The advice in previous posts is sound -- make sure you're running the latest Android version and verify your location is set to Thailand.

Paul Laew

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I have an android phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy A21s. The message I get is "Can't download Bualuang mBanking". I did download the earlier version with no problem.

What version of Android ? Requires ver 6.0 or higher

Edited by tonray

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Contact your bank!

And just to be 100% sure: Don't install any (updated) bank application if you are not 100% sure they are actually from your bank. If some application claims to be from your bank that doesn't mean that is true. And if you enter your username and password bad things might happen.

Not a problem with BkkBank, as you can only download / authorize it at the back.  The app itself sucks, and after 3 time having & crashing I gave up and didn't reload it.  Didn't use it much anyway.

Only have a bank account for  Imm.

• Confused 2

I have the iOS version and its pretty solid. I use it all the time without problems.

OP. Did you buy the phone in Thailand? Or bring it from abroad? If from abroad you might need to change some setting, but seeing as you had the older version of the app, I can't see why it won't download.

Another suggestion. It might be be worth popping into a Samsung phone shop and asking the staff if they can help. They are selling them all day and are probably used to setting them up for customers.

I like the Bualang mBanking app.

Current Android version is 3.13.0, last updated December 15, 2021.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbl.mobilebanking

Normally apps update automatically, but maybe best to periodically manually select to update all apps.

Given the lack of details provided in the OP helping is challenging.

I'd probably...

force stop the app

uninstall the app

restart the phone

reinstall the app

restart the phone

reestablish credentials

This app will not run on modded (rooted) phones, but I don't think that's the OPs issue.

Edited by mtls2005

43 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I have an android phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy A21s. The message I get is "Can't download Bualuang mBanking". I did download the earlier version with no problem.

What are you doing, please be very precise, when this message is displayed?

Are you in the PlayStore? You can view the app? On your phone? Logged in to the web Play Store?

What does it say? Available for all your devices? Installed?

Your phone is running 10 or 11 so that's not the issue.

You can push the app from the web to your device.

Edited by mtls2005

Using the app on Android since years without problem.

And for Android I don't understand why "download" is involved.

As written above open PlayStore and check for updates.

Or search in PlayStore for "bualuang" and first in the list is the desired app.

Last update from 1 Dec 2021, new feature: "Pay Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) bills".

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

Thanks everyone. I solved the problem with an assist from google.. I had to empty my Play Store cache. Once I did that, everything worked fine.

Thanks, was unaware of this issue/solution.

Settings (shortcut: search for Google Play Store)

Apps

Scroll to Google Play Store

Storage & Cache

Clear Cache (DO NOT CLEAR STORAGE)

I'd probably restart the phone.