Can tourists buy moderna vaccinations?

secondtime

Apologies if this has been asked before, I can't find an answer anywhere.  Can someone who is a tourists (entered visa exempt and now on covid extensions) buy a Moderna booster in Thailand?  Or are they reserved for Thai citizens and longer-stay visa holders?

1 hour ago, secondtime said:

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.  The Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok is accepting reservations but not selling coupons anymore.  I might try Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya.

If you look at the Facebook pages of some hospitals you might see people selling their Moderna rights. Its not easy because it will probably be in Thai so Google Translate will be needed.

• Thanks 1

I have a first lot Moderna coupon for Vichaiyut hospital on Rama 6. It's valid until April 30. A coupon is a guaranteed shot. Anyone can register a coupon using:

• Name
  •  Passport number
  • Address of where you stay
  • Mobile number to receive OTP (one time password for site login)

After you register the coupon, you can go to the calendar and chose a date. The calendar usually has 10-15 reservation dates and new ones are added every 2-3 weeks.  I already received one shot on Dec 8 2021, my wife is scheduled for one next month.   If you install LINE they will seen you updates and you can ask them questions visa line messages.

PM me if you are interested. If you decide to buy the coupon I can help you through the process. Vichaiyut is very flexible, you can change dates or even unregister the coupon and start again. You could even sell the coupon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rabas said:

I have a first lot Moderna coupon for Vichaiyut hospital on Rama 6. It's valid until April 30. A coupon is a guaranteed shot. Anyone can register a coupon using:

• Name
  •  Passport number
  • Address of where you stay
  • Mobile number to receive OTP (one time password for site login)

After you register the coupon, you can go to the calendar and chose a date. The calendar usually has 10-15 reservation dates and new ones are added every 2-3 weeks.  I already received one shot on Dec 8 2021, my wife is scheduled for one next month.   If you install LINE they will seen you updates and you can ask them questions visa line messages.

PM me if you are interested. If you decide to buy the coupon I can help you through the process. Vichaiyut is very flexible, you can change dates or even unregister the coupon and start again. You could even sell the coupon.

Thanks Rabas!  That was one of the hospitals I was looking at but I wasn't sure if they were already doing vaccinations.  Bangkok Hospital (in Bangkok) was the only one I saw that publicly indicated they were taking reservations for shots right now, and their official stores were already sold out of coupons.

I ended up buying a coupon from another hospital (Med Park) and I've got my shot scheduled.  Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies!

• Like 1

AFAIK, there is no restriction on foreign tourists purchasing a Moderna vaccine here.

There have been quite a few reports of near-walk-in experiences with paid Moderna here - I would give it a search. 

Where in thailand?

In Bangkok give https://www.praram9.com/en/ a try.

Private hospitals here do much of their sales, marketing on FB, in thai, so there's that.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1