Tourist Visa extension

stuarty

I am in Phuket on a 2 month Tourist Visa.  I need to extend for another 90 days starting around now. I have been told 60 days Covid Extension can only be applied for at Phuket Town Immigration, is this right?

Also, can I apply for a Covid Extension without first applying for a regular 30 day extension, or does it have to be done vice versa? I am concerned that the later Covid extension may not be an option if not extended beyond 25 January 2022. What is the best reason to put on the TM7 form for "Reasons for Extension" when applying for 60 days Covid Extension.?

If all that fails what are my options for leaving Thailand for a short side trip to another nearby country and re-entering under the Phuket Sandbox (thus getting a new 30 days plus 30 extension). Where is open and easy to travel to?

Thanks

Edited by stuarty

30 days extension can be done at the small tourist friendly immigration office in Patong.

Covid extensions have to be done in Phuket Town immigration office.

Reasons for staying - 30 days extension - Tourism.

Reasons for staying - Covid extension - Covid.

There is also an affidavit to fill in - Most people just tick the 2nd box.

• Like 2

As above, you need to get the 30-day first - however, you do not have to wait for that to expire before getting the 60-day Covid extension.

I got my 60-day Covid extension halfway through my 30-day extension and it was tacked on to the end. I would suggest getting your 30-day now at Patong and then try for the 60-day on 22nd at Phuket Town.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

As above, you need to get the 30-day first - however, you do not have to wait for that to expire before getting the 60-day Covid extension.

I got my 60-day Covid extension halfway through my 30-day extension and it was tacked on to the end. I would suggest getting your 30-day now at Patong and then try for the 60-day on 22nd at Phuket Town.

Hi Thanks for your advice.  Can I just clarify a point? Did you get the full 30 + 60 days, or did the 60 days start from the date of its approval. i.e. some time during (half way through) the 30 day extension

I am asking because if I go for the 60 days extension on say 22nd, it won't cover the time I need overall unless it begins at the end of the 30 days.

Edited by stuarty

22 hours ago, stuarty said:

Hi Thanks for your advice.  Can I just clarify a point? Did you get the full 30 + 60 days, or did the 60 days start from the date of its approval. i.e. some time during (half way through) the 30 day extension

The 60-day started at the expiry of my 30-day, not on the date of issue. So, a full 90 days.

Phuket does it the correct way!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, London Lowf said:

The 60-day started at the expiry of my 30-day, not on the date of issue. So, a full 90 days.

That is great. Do you get the covid extension at the ground level where you get the ordinary extension, or do you get it on the second floor? I am going Tuesday, and it would be nice not to waste time in the wrong queue.

22 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Phuket does it the correct way!

Hi.  I have read on another forum that the FIRST 60 day covid extension would start from the date of approval, and only subsequent extensions would begin at the end of the previous 60 days.  If so, I need to wait to apply later as its my first covid application.  Could you please check and confirm if your first extension started  at the end of, or during, the 30 days visa extension?  Thanks.

12 hours ago, farang51 said:

That is great. Do you get the covid extension at the ground level where you get the ordinary extension, or do you get it on the second floor? I am going Tuesday, and it would be nice not to waste time in the wrong queue.

IIRC.....

Go upstairs around to the left of the 30-day section. Bear left as you go in and there are three (or maybe four?) glass-fronted kiosks with a seated waiting area further along to the left. Go to the right-hand kiosk and the staff member there will assist you and give you any further forms and give you a number. Once you've filled them in and your number is called you hand in all of your papers at one of the other desks and they quickly check through them. Originally I was told to return a week later (I still had plenty left on m y 30-day visa) but then she changed her mind, told me to wait, and fifteen minutes later I had my extension.

Note that you do need to fill in the TM7 as per the 30-day as well as the Covid extension affidavit and a further simple declaration which I hadn't previously been aware of.

Edited by London Lowf

1 hour ago, stuarty said:

Hi.  I have read on another forum that the FIRST 60 day covid extension would start from the date of approval, and only subsequent extensions would begin at the end of the previous 60 days.  If so, I need to wait to apply later as its my first covid application.  Could you please check and confirm if your first extension started  at the end of, or during, the 30 days visa extension?  Thanks.

My answer really couldn't be any clearer - believe me or believe the other forum - up to you! I really don't care.

Edited by London Lowf

1 hour ago, stuarty said:

Hi.  I have read on another forum that the FIRST 60 day covid extension would start from the date of approval, and only subsequent extensions would begin at the end of the previous 60 days.

All extensions should be starting from the current expiry date. The other forum might be referring to back in 2020 when some offices were going by date of approval, which resulted in people intentionally coming as late as possible, but that shouldn't be the case now.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:48 AM, RedArmy said:

30 days extension can be done at the small tourist friendly immigration office in Patong.

Covid extensions have to be done in Phuket Town immigration office.

Reasons for staying - 30 days extension - Tourism.

Reasons for staying - Covid extension - Covid.

There is also an affidavit to fill in - Most people just tick the 2nd box.

Yes,  but no need to state “ Covid” anywhere, thanks that’s on statement form.

2nd box is “Embassy can’t issue Covid letter” true & easy option.

tick 4th. box “Other” also,if you have Thai Dependent Child and / or are Thai Property Owner or Broken Arm, etc. just to strengthen a std. case, in difficult Imm. Office.