Phetchabun: Thai man hunted for murder of landlord and attack on his brother

webfact

7pm.jpg

Police in the Nong Phai jurisdiction of Phetchabun in north eastern Thailand are hunting for an evil tenant who murdered a landlord and seriously injured his brother.

On Wednesday police found Praphas, 64, dead from multiple wounds in a bedroom. 

He had been attacked with an axe, a hoe and a club by a 38-39 year old man called Ek who rented a small dwelling in the same compound.

Ek also attacked the deceased's younger brother Somphot, 61, after he called the police. 

In addition to the murder a motorcycle was smashed up and there were bottles of 40 degree spirit also trashed. 

Relatives at the funeral of the victim called for Ek to give himself up.

A warrant is out for his arrest. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:
23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So much violence in the Land of Smiles.

When they are bad they are really bad cases here in Thailand . Mostly induced from drugs , drink or both .

Frustration too sometimes, I think. Thai culture demands that almost from birth a person must know their place on the social ladder. Almost everyone in the country is looked down upon by someone else, and that is a perfect set-up for bullying or worse. When people don a uniform many feel their position gives them a chance to act above their station in life. The bullied bully.

For some, that strict social ladder produces a powder-keg of anger, resentment and frustration, which is why we so often read of Thais suddenly exploding into violence, often to an extreme level. Not just hitting someone, but repeatedly kicking them in the head when they are down, for example. In perhaps less serious ways, they do other things to extreme too, such as turning the volume up to max, drive in a way they feel free to, letting go of caution and driving as fast as they can instead of at a safe speed. A few moments of freedom.

I suppose there was a similar situation in my native UK three or four hundred years ago, but that society largely evolved into a more level playing field. People were allowed to question and break down cultural barriers. Some factory owners even built houses, entire villages, for their workers. Imagine that happening in Thailand. The country still has a lot of catching up to do.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Frustration too sometimes, I think. Thai culture demands that almost from birth a person must know their place on the social ladder. Almost everyone in the country is looked down upon by someone else, and that is a perfect set-up for bullying or worse. When people don a uniform many feel their position gives them a chance to act above their station in life. The bullied bully.

For some, that strict social ladder produces a powder-keg of anger, resentment and frustration, which is why we so often read of Thais suddenly exploding into violence, often to an extreme level. Not just hitting someone, but repeatedly kicking them in the head when they are down, for example. In perhaps less serious ways, they do other things to extreme too, such as turning the volume up to max, drive in a way they feel free to, letting go of caution and driving as fast as they can instead of at a safe speed. A few moments of freedom.

I suppose there was a similar situation in my native UK three or four hundred years ago, but that society largely evolved into a more level playing field. People were allowed to question and break down cultural barriers. Some factory owners even built houses, entire villages, for their workers. Imagine that happening in Thailand. The country still has a lot of catching up to do.

Level playing field in the UK is far from reality . 

Your view of how Thai people are has more credence . 

2 hours ago, itsari said:
4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Expand  

Level playing field in the UK is far from reality . 

Your view of how Thai people are has more credence . 

I'm saying that the situation is the UK has moved on from centuries ago to a more level playing field, not that it is level.

On 1/15/2022 at 4:34 AM, webfact said:

He had been attacked with an axe, a hoe and a club

I assume the hoe was working in the club at the time. 

Sad that they all teamed up on him like that.

Seems a strange array of stuff to have on hand.

More like a weird game of Cluedo. 

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Wow.  What a totally entitled, raciest and ignorant post.  

• Haha 1