60 days extension for non-o based on marriage without presence of wife, possible?

My wife is stuck outside of Thailand and my current extension is about to end. I've been previously told by my immigration office that she must be present for any extension, including 60 day ones. So they will not give it to me. Do all offices require the presence of the spouse for 60 day extensions?

I thought maybe a covid extension would be an option, but then I've also seen @ubonjoe say that covid extensions are only possible after the 60 day extension option has been used, so I'm guessing that's not a possibility either?

Ideas?

I don't think I ever stated you had to do the 60 day extension to visit your wife before you can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. I your case you do not qualify for the 60 day extension to visit your wife so they will certainly do the 60 day covid 19 extension.

The majority of offices require you wife be present to apply for the 60 day extension. Even more so since your wife is not in the country. They want your wife present to meet this requirement in the immigration order for the extension. "(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto."

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think I ever stated you had to do the 60 day extension to visit your wife before you can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Very possibly a misinterpretation on my part. Based on this message.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The majority of offices require you wife be present to apply for the 60 day extension.

Are there known offices that don't require it? Would using an agent make any difference?

Thanks much.

1 minute ago, moana said:

Very possibly a misinterpretation on my part. Based on this message.

I was stating he could get the covid 19  60 day extension after a 60 day extension to visit his wife in reply to post saying he could not do it.

4 minutes ago, moana said:

Are there known offices that don't require it? Would using an agent make any difference?

I would say the majority will want your wife to be present. An agent might be able to arrange one.

You can apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension.

Just an observation but, they might be thinking "Why does he need a visa to visit his wife IF his wife is NOT in Thailand". ????

My thinking is, why do you want a 60 day visit visa if you're married? Why wouldn't you be trying to extend for a year based on being married?

If you have enough money to throw away on an agent for 60 days, do you have enough to just get a 1 year retirement visa? (if old enough) You can always change back to married extensions in another year. You can do this alone (no wife required) iirc, for a very 1st retirement option the money in the bank only needs to be there on the day of application so, no seasoning.

A VERY remote possibility is asking immigration if you may use a proxy wife with witnesses and video conference your wife during the meeting. I did this 1 year but my wife was stuck in the north at meetings and not out of the country. Her mother and father were there and 1 of our dear friends stood in for her. Extra questions were asked and extra forms filled out and signed. (this was pre-covid) :wai: (this was also in the boonies and not in BKK)

Edited by mrwebb8825

My wife is also currently out of the country. 

But I've told her she must return for the 1yr extension. 

I'm just hoping that by late March the Test n Go system will be back in.

There is ((in my area) the home visit which definitely requires wifey to be present. 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting topic.

I would like to ask whether anybody knows whether the 'requirements' in terms of paperwork has changed since this time last year for the non-O dependent 1 year extension?

Will carry out google searches etc but wondered if anyone here in the forum had made such an extension of stay application in the past couple of months?

22 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

Interesting topic.

I would like to ask whether anybody knows whether the 'requirements' in terms of paperwork has changed since this time last year for the non-O dependent 1 year extension?

Will carry out google searches etc but wondered if anyone here in the forum had made such an extension of stay application in the past couple of months?

Ahh. Doesn't seem to have changed so far as I can see here https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

46 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

There have been no official changes.

The local office could possibley come up with something new they want.

• Thanks 1