Physio Rehab in nice resort

THAIPHUKET

Searching Google for rehab places yields only drug rehabilitation results. That's not what I need.

Most resorts will have a gym.

I'm looking for something like a  sanatorium. A place which offers all benefits of a resort,

great pool, nice rooms etc plus it offers Physiotherapy by experienced therapist. No

NOTE don't be misguided by my forum name THAIPHUKET, That was my residency over 10 years ago. In other words the location of my desired Physiotherapy rehab place is irrelevant.

I will go there.

Any recommendation or better even experience you can share?

You only want a sanitarium if you have tuberculosis (like in Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain).

I think what you want is a spa resort. There are a lot of them in Thailand with various kinds of "wellness" programs. You would have to contact them to find out if they can provide the sort of physiotherapy you need. I suspect you need more than the Thai traditional happy ending.

Paul Laew

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Will check out . Even if it's not likely to fit my wishes.

I want several therapies a day with pleasant breaks in-between.

Seems to be a market niche waiting to be filled.

One option is to stay in a nice resort in Phuket and use the physiotherapy services of Bangkok Hospital Phuket. Sheryl is right that you are unlikely to find professional physiotherapists at spa resorts. But Bangkok Hospital has a bone and joint center that provides orthopedic therapies. And Phuket obviously has some fine resorts.

Paul Laew

Will check out . Even if it's not likely to fit my wishes.

I want several therapies a day with pleasant breaks in-between.

Seems to be a market niche waiting to be filled.

I did check out MC Kean. On its website

Impressive range of services 

And in a huge park of 300 Rai.

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

contact ministry of health for a list of sanatoriums offering physio

There are no "sanitoriums" in the Thai government health system.

There is exactly one government medical rehabilitation hospital, in BVangkok, but it is  not remotely resort or spa like and mostly give outpatient services.

McKean Rehabilitation Center just south of Chiang Mai would meet the OP's description the closest, but sadly there isn't a pool.  However, the grounds are very park-like with much opportunity for walking or riding a bicycle in very pleasant surroundings.  You could stay at Dok Kaew Assisted Living, on the grounds, where you'd have a modern, studio-type apartment and be transported over to the hospital for PT, about 300 meters away, if you aren't up to walking there.  There are more English-speaking people at Dok Kaew, some activities and western food, either in the community center or in your room.

While many of the residents of Dok Kaew are long-term with memory issues, I've had friends go there post-discharge after back surgery, hip replacement, etc to take advantage of the PT at McKean and to have assistance with bathing, dressing, and not have to hassle with laundry and food prep for a few weeks while they recover.