Post to UK

roger101

I have to send some documents to the UK. They won't be the originals and there is no particular hurry. It will be 11 A4 sheets. Any body know how much this is likely to cost. I tried to send them as attachments to an email but for some reason my PC doesn't want to know

• Confused 1

Thaipost website is in English and it has a rate calculator.Enter the weight and a table will drop  with all available services.

Registered Airmail has tracking and would seem the best for you .

11 x A4 shts in an envelope would be around 70grm =

RegAiir = 210bt

EMS = 1050bt

(Approx)

Pop along to your Post Office in a 'dummy run' and ask. There must be a special service like 'Registered Post' and I doubt it'll cost more than B200. Can't you send screen shots instead ?

If it costs more - so what ? It's peanuts. Mai pen lai and Good Luck

Going back a few years, my wife was in hospital in the provincial city and I had to send some hospital documents to the insurance company in the UK urgently. We couldn't find any fax service places and I spotted an internet shop. We went in and asked the manager if he could email the documents and he said no problem. The bill was like 120 baht or something. Job done and dusted. ????

Edited by Chris.B

Slow mail is roughly a month at the moment.

I recently sent 8 sheets to the UK by express post (had to be originals) at a cost of < ฿1,400, which took a week.

If originals are not needed use the app. ClearScanner (set to pdf) on your android phone and send via any messaging system.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Pop along to your Post Office in a 'dummy run' and ask. There must be a special service like 'Registered Post' and I doubt it'll cost more than B200. Can't you send screen shots instead ?

If it costs more - so what ? It's peanuts. Mai pen lai and Good Luck

EMS on one letter to the UK was 880bht the last time I sent something 

17 hours ago, roger101 said:

I tried to send them as attachments to an email but for some reason my PC doesn't want to know

Unlikely to be your PC, more likely a limit on the size of attachments, I think with Hotmail it is 1Mb.  You should check the size of the documents and I assume from that you said "attachments", you tried to send them individually. It would be much easier if you merged them into a single PDF document.

You haven't said what format the documents are but if they are images or derived from images the size could be quite large, images can be reduced in size quite easily using Paint. If you have scanned them, you could scan again at a low resolution.

My wife's UK visa application is 15 pages and only 128Kb, emails quite easily, but a lot depends on how the document is created.

The other option is of course to send more than one email to the recipient.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roger101 said:

I have to send some documents to the UK. They won't be the originals and there is no particular hurry. It will be 11 A4 sheets. Any body know how much this is likely to cost. I tried to send them as attachments to an email but for some reason my PC doesn't want to know

I sent one A4 sheet/letter to UK last week, slow post not recorded etc, cost 37 baht.

Sorry 101 and Guys, I'm obviously well out of date with my comment on the costs of EMS type service abroad.

I learn something every day and Charlie, Hammer, Pookett, Chilly gave much better advice than I did !

EMS sending abroad IS an expensive option now ! ATB

Edited by TorquayFan

18 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Slow mail is very slow at the moment! 

I received a letter sent at the end of August, in December.

Two letters sent to the UK on the 28 December have yet to arrive.

In reverse, I am still waiting for Christmas cards from the UK & USA.....????

OP try sending 2-3 pages at a time via email. Or check with email provider (internet) for size limit

per email. Example below is Yahoo regular email ( not business email account). Good Luck...

Yahoo Mail sends emails up to 25 MB in total size. This size limit applies to both the message and its attachments. If an attachment is exactly 25 MB, it won't go through because the text and other data in the message add a small amount of data.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:14 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Slow mail is very slow at the moment! 

I received a letter sent at the end of August, in December.

Two letters sent to the UK on the 28 December have yet to arrive.

Hasn’t been my experience over the last 6 months both ways standard airmail around two weeks

To Australia very slow even EMS

Something not right with  UK post ..I have been sending  small   packages  track and trace  Thailand to England, the last package took  29 days  to arrive, it had  left Thailand  within  2 days of posting