During This Year of Co-Vee Ennui: We have become Much more Tolerant of Thailand YouTubers. Right?

GammaGlobulin

My Dear Friends,

I could go on, and on, about my love-hate for YouTubers of Thailand, of all ilk. And, especially, the backpacker YouTubers, most of whom are absolutely beyond the pale, obviously.

However, what I have found, and most truly this is ever more the case, particularly during this glorious two-year interruption of our previously uninterruptible tourist season, a period of time when some of us have breathed a sigh of relief from boorish backpacker baboons, is that….in fact…...Thailand YouTubers, the majority of them, are changing their ways enough to become, actually, quite likeable, amazingly so.

Naturally, there still remain a few bad apples.

However, it just seems to me that this virus has done wonders for the quality of what is being produced by the guys with Thailand-oriented YouTube channels, even though their English skills may not have improved much during this time. Learning English is not easy, and it takes more time than just one pandemic can offer in order to perfect decent writing skills.

I am sure that you do not need me to call attention, here, to this fairly recent positive transformation among the Thailand YouTuber gang. Some of us have seen this same transformation on the Farang Pub, during recent months, a phenomenon otherwise unexpected before the advent of this new virus age. People here are becoming, quite unnaturally, both kinder and gentler.  Such a blessing to us all.

We also notice, during all of 2021 and in 2022, there are some rather kindly older guys YouTubing about Thailand, even those one might consider geriatric, or borderline forgetful, often sometimes perhaps not quite up to snuff, mostly due to age-related cognitive challenges, or downright mind decline, who are able to provide us with riveting content about nothingness, while talking about things they forgot about at the beginning of their Live Talk on YT.

These older gentlemen YouTubers, occasionally from places like Pattaya, are interesting. Mostly, they speak about topics that most of us would consider taboo in polite company. These venerable and exhausted gray men are both engaging and thoughtful, and never confrontational nor edgy enough to be completely watchable. Strange, really, just how very engaging I find their work on YouTube.

For example, there is one old Thailand YT geezer who spends two or more hours gassing about almost nothing, and, still, he has 800 viewers on his live YouTube channel from around the world, mostly from the UK.  He and his followers spend over two hours, in just one session, debating nothing, other than when they discuss the perfect UK breakfast which always includes rashers.

This is understandable, if one were to view the population pyramid of the UK, then what would one expect?

UK_population_pyramid_(2018).jpg.739717248ac289e32af92c6537faed6a.jpg

As you can see from this above image, the largest cohort is the range from 50 to 54. Still, the UK is a rich country, so that everybody will be paid in their old age, in the end, and until the end. Unfortunately, some may never reach the end.

Speaking of pyramids, what about the Cheops pyramid, which has lasted some time. (Age of Cheops: 4600 years)

Khufu-Pyramid-Complex-Giza.jpg.0508e798d6ac62349915a183780e576d.jpg

Every time I view this image, I cannot help but wonder what our atmospheric CO2 level will be 5000 years from today. And, what impact that might have on our world for our children’s children. In fact, the thought is so terrible that no one wants to contemplate it.  Everything had been going along, swimmingly, during the reign of the Pharaohs, without a hitch, and then, all of a sudden, the atmospheric CO2 levels begin going through the roof.

What a joke!

The main point is that:  5000 years is a significantly long enough time for some real changes to take place, due to CO2 increase in the atmosphere, beginning in the year 1800.  Surely, we will not stop at 300 PPM!

CO2 molecules last in the atmosphere for a very long time, maybe 300 years, maybe more, maybe 500 years, or even more.

Given the present situation, one might ask….is it even important that the human race exists beyond the year 2050?  And...why?

So solly!

I didn't mean to veer off into the land of Egypt.

My guess is that…. whatever I might think about almost any topic… the good guys on the Farang Pub have already thought about it, overly much.

Why???

From anyone’s perspective, including mine….. The guys on the Farang Pub are the ones who possess most wisdom on TV.

The Men and Women on the Farang Pub are the very ones on TV who are most likely to possess the real Truth.

Farang Pub readers and posters are smarter, by nature.

As Chomsky often said, “Everybody knows this.”

Also…. E.O. Wilson is dead…..Amazing Scientist.

Maybe E.O. Wilson is up there in the sky, right now, looking down on the destruction of the world that he predicted while he was alive?

I do not know.

Your guess is probably correct.

So, was Timothy Leary actually dead?

No.

Only, outside, looking in.

Same as E.O. Wilson, I do believe. 

Sorry for this stream of consciousness.

Best regards to All….and….

5000 years from now, our Earth will be back in equilibrium, with or without us.

Thank you and regards,

One More Thing:  After several months, since this past summer time, I am beginning to miss the song of the DukGe. During the cold season, where do these lizards hide?  Life is just too boring, at night, without them.

Lizards-cat.jpg.d3fa8cbf85b884c027a03c3ef8dc5d19.jpg