Strict measures continue at Khao San Road - police conducting checks three times per night

webfact

49 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

LOL, there are more cops than people there these days. Maybe they should scrub the road with noxious chemicals again? They need something to draw people in so maybe a comedy show like that will work.

They will be honing their scamming skills on each other while the country is almost devoid of foreign tourists with tea money to be extracted????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Don’t the police have anything better to do with their time? 

to be fair, if it's the pesky foreigners who are infecting good old thai citizens with covid it's worth their while employing more police officers than tourists on khao san road...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was on Khao San road a week ago Saturday.  The taxi driver dropped us off at a business in the area.  I forget about the testing until it was too late.  When we got to the road there was no one stopping cars to do tests so it wasn't required for me.  We had a few hours to kill so we walked a bit and ate at a restaurant returning around 1930.  Again no one at the entrance administer a test.  There was a testing site set up mid way (ish) down the road and a couple of restaurants had signs up saying you needed to show a test but they were the minority.  We had an hour foot massage and was not asked for a test either.

It was very empty.  Here are a few pictures from that night around 1930.

I should say the pictures aren't of the main party street but it was about the same.

20220108_191058.jpg

20220108_190904.jpg

20220108_182847.jpg

Edited by AKJeff
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

PITY they can not check for helmetlesss motorbike riders, and illegal undertaking !!!!!

Is it officially illegal? The undertaking? See it every day and thought it was just part of the Thailand  flow of traffic. The 'norm', as it were.

Edited by OishiRefill

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Maybe Im cynical , but do the Police get a cut from the hospital bills ?

Insured foreigners get sent to an overpriced hospital and do the police get a slice ?

Probably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1