Covid extension - Phuket (report)

Today I went for my third covid extension in Phuket Town (I originally arrived tourist exempt in the Phuket sandbox).  Covid extensions were moved to tents outside, and they were busy (long lines at the photocopier and by 10:30 the queue numbers were over 150).  Otherwise it was the usual process.  IOs were very efficient, one was checking documents and another 4 taking applications.  When it was my turn they didn't read my explanation, just checked that all paperwork was present and signed.  No questions about TM30, and my last TM30 was filed in a different province.  Everyone was told they can pick up their stamped passports tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

Speaking of being prepared, it seems they also moved all of the forms outside.  I saw some people filling them out at outdoor tables, but before I left I stopped in the office to grab some extras for next time (I'm an optimist ????) but there were none in the building.  The second floor office was very empty without the covid extenders, I'm sure the other visa types will appreciate this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did my fifth covid extension in Phuket.  It was a breeze - the IO only checked that all the paperwork was signed, then gave me a chit to pick up my passport next week after the holidays (it's a Buddhist one, so remember to buy alcohol on Saturday if you want to drink on Sunday).