Netflix and 3bb / how do I download the Netflix app?

cruzin4me

18 hours ago, MJCM said:

I have now connected an Apple TV to my Samsung TV and I have now Disney+ (through my wife's AIS Number) HBO GO (through our 3BB subscription) and Netflix (via Pre-Paid card) on it and it works.

I used that 3BB GigaTv Box for a couple of days, but that Live TV hadn't much interest so I put it back in it's box!

The 3BB GigaTV box is a pile of .. its just a cheap android box, it doesnt even have true 5.1 sound or passthrough capability.

I gather 3BB give you the box and service with new signups, which is great, but If you have an AIS phone, you can get all the Thai channels for free along with Disney+ at peanuts, a Netflix subscription and then use HBO Go from your 3BB subscription and run it all on a different device then you have a decent selection.

I like the apple TV, comparing the 3BB and ATV side by side, its a much nicer picture and sound - the remote and GUI is so simple when compared to 3BB, I got sick of showing my wife how to get back to the right menu after she pressed the wrong button. I would like suggestions on a good android box with a solid remote (this is thing that disappoints me about Chinese TV boxes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I gather 3BB give you the box and service with new signups, which is great, but If you have an AIS phone, you can get all the Thai channels for free along with Disney+ at peanuts, a Netflix subscription and then use HBO Go from your 3BB subscription and run it all on a different device then you have a decent selection.

The OP is having problems and If you read my post I am doing exactly what you said and run that from my AppleTV on which I can also load TV apps from my Home Country which I can't load on the Samsung or on the 3BB Box. That 3bb Box is back in it's case waiting for the 2 year subscription period ends (another year or so) so they can come and pick it up!!

I only used that 3BB box for I think less then 1 week and after that couldn't be bothered with it!

Disney+ we are paying 7xx THB per year for (wife's phone number)

Hbo Go, paid through 3BB

Netflix, we use pay as you go cards bought in 7/11! Paid up till August!

Anyone using the Plex TV Service? If so how is it!!

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, but some conflation here between 3BB's fiber broadband service and their Streaming Android Box/hardware-service called GigaTV.

https://fiber.3bb.co.th/en/3bbgigatv/

Which has HBO Go. (And says it has Chromecast built in. If so, casting from a phone has a lot of benefits IME.)

Maybe they restrict adding Netflix to this hardware (hide it in the Play Store app), although you should be able to s deload the Netflix apk?

Ok.

That gigatv device is only a playstore tv device, so basically a proprietary device for 3BB which  can access play store, some apps will not be certified to work on that.

Is that 3bb giga device certified by netflix with an esn number? If not the androidtv app wont work on it and thats the reason its blanked out because that androidtv device is not certified by netflix.

List of certified androidtv devices and only some of them have netflix certification https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kdnHLt673EjoAJisOal2uIpcmVS2Defbgk1ntWRLY3E/htmlview

There used to be some kind of work around/cracked version of the androidtv netflix app but that has been blocked by netflix and does not work anymore, this is the one they show in you tube vids.

You could use the android phone netflix app which may work but you need to download it and side install it on that 3bb device.

Chromecast from a phone to the tv through 3bb gigatv device should also work but you will be using phone andtoidtv app on the phone.

To install the android phone netflix to 3bb gigatv device:

Download the app from rawapk or apkmirror or uptodown websites to a usb.

Plug usb into the usb port on the 3bb device.

In 3bb androidtv security settings toggle on allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

Install a file manager app from playstore.

Access through the file manager app the downloaded netflix apk on the usb and install it.

Edited by userabcd

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The OP is having problems and If you read my post I am doing exactly what you said and run that from my AppleTV on which I can also load TV apps from my Home Country which I can't load on the Samsung or on the 3BB Box. That 3bb Box is back in it's case waiting for the 2 year subscription period ends (another year or so) so they can come and pick it up!!

I only used that 3BB box for I think less then 1 week and after that couldn't be bothered with it!

Disney+ we are paying 7xx THB per year for (wife's phone number)

Hbo Go, paid through 3BB

Netflix, we use pay as you go cards bought in 7/11! Paid up till August!

Anyone using the Plex TV Service? If so how is it!!

I did .. and I agreed with you, as im using the same system. Just providing another reason why it should be ditched, the sound.

• Like 1

but on google play its says Netflix is not avail!

how do I download the app?

"You cannot use the androitv netflix app because that 3BB device is not certified by/for netflix with an ESN number."

saw some videos in you tube/ but all in thai

help.

"The work around app they show in the videos does not work anymore because worldwide Netflix blocked that modified netflix app from working."

Try the phone netflix app, that should work but sometimes the viewing screen rotation is in portrait mode and it needs to be turned with another rotation app.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

If you look at the photo of my TV screen, you can see the apps that are loaded at the bottom.

Did you load those? Did they come pre-loaded out of the box?

That is a high (top?) end unit.

Can you briefly summarize your 4K/UHD experiences? Specifically on AIS Play, HBO Go, Netflix, Prime.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Did you load those? Did they come pre-loaded out of the box?

That is a high (top?) end unit.

Can you briefly summarize your 4K/UHD experiences? Specifically on AIS Play, HBO Go, Netflix, Prime.

The tech from HomePro downloaded them when he set up the TV.

As I said in my earlier post, I don’t use the TV apps for viewing. I use my 2015 Nvidia Shield for Netflix and Prime. With a VPN, and Apple TV for iTunes movies and shows.

The quality isn’t too bad on Shield unless I am trying to view Netflix US. Then there is often buffering to the point of being unwatchable. It never used to be like that, but it started in the last year. Not sure if the quality of Netflix is 4K though. Pretty sure the ISP’s do some throttling or there are bandwidth issues.
I don’t watch AIS or HBO.

Apple TV is very good quality and only rarely buffering.

Off topic, but between my sources:

Apple TV

Nvidia Shield

IPTV Box

Blu-ray Player,

I am pretty well covered for my tv needs.

HTH

On 1/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, mtls2005 said:

Can you briefly summarize your 4K/UHD experiences?

I can answer my question now.

New 4K TV delivered yesterday.

Disney +/Hotstar - cast from phone to Chromecast (CCGTV), or cast from phone directly to TV, all UHD/4K content looks mahvelous.

Netflix (have UHD account) - cast from phone to Chromecast, check, cast directly to TV, check, run Netflix app on TV, check, run Netflix app on Chromecast, check. All UHD content looks awesome.

4K looks "fake" until you get used to it.

TrueVisions (Coax) maxes at 1080.

Youtube 4K works fine as expected. Same same cast from phone to CC, cast to TV, natively using YT app on TV.

AIS Play - https://www.ais.th/play/en/samsung_app_store.html  still experimenting, installed app on TV (from Samsung apps), so can cast from phone or run natively on TV

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Just got 3bb and can't get netflix, but lots of other things including Disney. 

Can't find the golf channel, is there any sports? 

Probably because that 3bb box is not Netflix certified.

You could try sideloading this apk from XDA forum XDA Netflix app which is the mobile version to work with a remote.

Tried this one from RAWAPK and it also worked with a remote control Netflix apk rawapk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks for the reply but I have no clue how to do this. 

What is 'sideloading'? 

You could download from the links the app through a browser on your 3BB device to your 3BB device download folder.

Enable in security settings "allow install from unknown sources"

Through a file manager app on the 3BB device navigate to the app location in download folder.

Click install and it should install.

Or

Download the app from the link on a pc computer to a usb key.

Plug the usb into the 3BB device usb port

Enable in security settings "allow install from unknown sources"

Through a file manager app on the 3BB device navigate to the app location on the USB key.

Click install and it should install.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

3BB set top devices are made by innopia technologies inc.

They , changes the android OS on the device to install their Firmware. Due to this Netflix authentication does not pass. nflix has some kind of device filtering measure, that way it gets blocked.
You can see all other apps in playstore, including HBO, Diseny+, Prime, name it any.

Best idea is to installing a Web browser from playstore to 3BB set top, 
then search for Netflix APK for TV in the browser. then installing it directly to the 3BB top box.