Netflix and 3bb / how do I download the Netflix app?

cruzin4me

just changed to 3bb on my Samsung tv

the tech was proud and showed me the new screen display.

but on google play its says Netflix is not avail!

how do I download the app?

saw some videos in you tube/ but all in thai.

help.

the tech speaks no English.

thank you very much

Maybe your Samsung TV doesn't support the latest version of Netflix??

Edit: Which Model TV and which year?

Can't you load Netflix on your Mobile Phone and then cast to your TV?

Edit 2: To be able to do that make sure that both your TV and Mobile Phone are connected to the same NETWORK (either WIFI or Wired)

Edited by MJCM

30 minutes ago, cruzin4me said:

thanks for the help.

just bought the  tv last year.

Netflix worked fine with tot.

changed to 3bb and their "new"interface with HBO go.  and now Netflix is not avail.

I think you are connecting to the 3BB Cloud TV, which is a different Device.

Just turn the Cloud TV device off, start your TV and then try to load the Netflix app!! You then can check the HBO GO app on your TV and connect to it with your 3BB subscriber details!!

I have the 3BB cloud tv, but I put it back in it's box!!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruzin4me said:

thanks for the help.

changed to 3bb and their "new"interface with HBO go.  and now Netflix is not avail.

Phone 3BB, on 1530, wait for English prompt, press 9, have your account name and number ready, explain the prob...???? 

• Like 1

I'm presuming that this new interface you are seeing is from a 3bb android box that the tech guy supplied, and not the actual TV?

I have the 3bb box and the Netflix app is not available to download for some reason although everything else appears to be available.

So if I want to watch Netflix I turn off, or unplug the 3bb box and use the Netflix app on the actual TV.

Edited by Dmaxdan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have now connected an Apple TV to my Samsung TV and I have now Disney+ (through my wife's AIS Number) HBO GO (through our 3BB subscription) and Netflix (via Pre-Paid card) on it and it works.

I used that 3BB GigaTv Box for a couple of days, but that Live TV hadn't much interest so I put it back in it's box!

40 minutes ago, cruzin4me said:

thanks for the help.

If you bought the TV last year, it may not be running on Android OS, but Samsung's Tizen OS. 

You might want to have a look on the TV for the Samsung app store to see if Netflix is there.

Press the Home button on the remote, then look for apps.

I have a 2 year old Samsung and I have both a Netflix button and an Amazon Prime button on my Samsung tv remote.

Edited by phetphet

48 minutes ago, cruzin4me said:

but on google play

Confused.

You have a netflix account?

You have a google account?

Your TV has internet connectivity?

Your TV has the NEtflix app installed?

You have an Android phone? With Netflix installed?

How did you view Netflix previously?

You can:

run NEtflix natively on the TV, assuming it has the Netflix app installed, or that it can be installed from the Samsung app shop

run Netflix on your phone and cast it to your TV, assuming it has embedded casting support.

Phone and TV need to be on the same local area network, and you can't be running a VPN on the TV or the phone  (then they are not on the same local network)

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Confused.

You have a netflix account?

You have a google account?

Your TV has internet connectivity?

Your TV has the NEtflix app installed?

You have an Android phone? With Netflix installed?

How did you view Netflix previously?

You can:

run NEtflix natively on the TV, assuming it has the Netflix app installed, or that it can be installed from the Samsung app shop

run Netflix on your phone and cast it to your TV, assuming it has embedded casting support.

Phone and TV need to be on the same local area network, and you can't be running a VPN on the TV or the phone  (then they are not on the same local network)

He is looking at the Interface of the 3BB cloud TV BOX which doesn't have NETFLIX. On their proprietary box it's limited which APPS you can load and AFAIK Netflix is NOT one of  them!

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

He is looking at the Interface of the 3BB cloud TV BOX which doesn't have NETFLIX. On their proprietary box it's limited which APPS you can load and AFAIK Netflix is NOT one of  them!

But he mentioned Google Play.

I guess your saying he's using some proprietary 3BB streaming box, but he cannot access the Play Store using his Google (GMail) account? Or if he can, the box restricts some/many/most/all (or just Netflix) downloadable apps?

The lack of the Netflix logo on your cardboard box indicates something, maybe?

He may still be able to install Netflix on his Samsung TV, mine has it natively, not sure if I downloaded from the Samsung Apps shop, or if it was preinstalled.

And he may still be able to cast Netflix from a phone to his TV, as some Samsung TVs have this ability built in.

OP needs to follow up with a lot more detail.

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

But he mentioned Google Play.

I guess your saying he's using some proprietary 3BB streaming box, but he cannot access the Play Store using his Google (GMail) account? Or if he can, the box restricts some/many/most/all (or just Netflix) downloadable apps?

Yep, that is the case!

You can install it on that BOX but it would need you to download the Netflix APK and then manually install it, I guess that is maybe a bit abracadabra for the OP

He has it on his TV already so he was just confused why Netflix wasn't there anymore and that was because he was looking at the interface of the BOX!

Link how to install Netflix on 3BB CloudTV Box (NO IDEA if this voids Warranty (use at your own risk)

14 hours ago, phetphet said:

If you bought the TV last year, it may not be running on Android OS, but Samsung's Tizen OS. 

You might want to have a look on the TV for the Samsung app store to see if Netflix is there.

Press the Home button on the remote, then look for apps.

I have a 2 year old Samsung and I have both a Netflix button and an Amazon Prime button on my Samsung tv remote.

Question, do you have HBO GO and DIsney+ on there, I can't find it on my one!

Also 2 years old and running TiZen.

To overcome that I am now using an AppleTV and ditched the 3BB Box!

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Question, do you have HBO GO and DIsney+ on there, I can't find it on my one!

Also 2 years old and running TiZen.

To overcome that I am now using an AppleTV and ditched the 3BB Box!

Just looked. I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, AIS Play, viu, HBO Go, Youtube.

They were all added by the tech from HomePro that delivered the tv.

Look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxJ61SnAek  Have not tried it, but it might work.

Although I have Netflix and Amazon Prime on my tv, and my Apple TV, I tend to use my Nvidia Shield for viewing these, ( it has Disney as well, but I don't subscribe).

By using my Shield which has my VPN on it, i can view other countries versions for more film choice.

Edited by phetphet

Would think 3BB have nothing to do with Netflix app.

The Samsung tv is based on Tizen OS or some special OS of theirs for their smarttv which is not googles OS androidtv.

Samsung make some modified app for netflix to work on their OS and smarttv OS so you would need to contact samsung to get their app or to fix their app.

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Version?

AFAIK, no Disney+/Hotstar. Maybe HBO Go.

I cast Disney+ from my phone to my Chromecast/TV.

Thx

Version will report back as I am not in the House at the moment.

Ooh now I remember NO HBO GO on that TV but you can access it via the build in web browser from the TV, was a pain in the ... and slow so went with AppleTV

Edit: Maybe they have it now, but haven't looked, will do when I get home (but will keep using my AppleTV because I could load TV apps from my Homecountry on there as well, which were also not available on the Samsung TV.

Edited by MJCM

41 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Would think 3BB have nothing to do with Netflix app.

Yes, but some conflation here between 3BB's fiber broadband service and their Streaming Android Box/hardware-service called GigaTV.

https://fiber.3bb.co.th/en/3bbgigatv/

Which has HBO Go. (And says it has Chromecast built in. If so, casting from a phone has a lot of benefits IME.)

Maybe they restrict adding Netflix to this hardware (hide it in the Play Store app), although you should be able to s deload the Netflix apk?