Intoxicated female driver injured after crashing her motorbike into a tree in Banglamung

snoop1130

572618-696x404.jpg

An intoxicated female motorbike driver has sustained injuries after she crashed her motorbike into a tree in Banglamung early this morning (January 17th).

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 1:30 A.M. in Soi Nongprue 4. They arrived at the scene to find the damaged motorbike and the injured woman lying on the road near a damaged tree.

Ms. Sawika Somnim, 27, from Chaiyaphum, had sustained injuries and was covered with blood. She was rushed to a local hospital for immediate medical assistance.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/17/intoxicated-female-driver-injured-after-crashing-her-motorbike-into-a-tree-in-banglamung/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Just now, chickenslegs said:

Just on a serious note - One would think that the number of traffic deaths caused by collisions with trees, poles, and other street furniture might lead the road planners to consider removing such obstacles from the roadsides and central reservations.

People are killed running into trees every week in Australia. If they removed anymore we wouldn't have any left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think I read about that on middleeastnow.com..... :coffee1:

It was a slow puncture in Nongprue..

6 hours ago, Jerno said:

And this is newsworthy why?  Hundreds of accidents weekly and some idiot somewhere hits a tree and suddenly it's top story.  Sheesh!

Years ago a headline in a Singapore newspaper  read : " White paint spilled on black door!"..

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Man killed when tree hits car at Mount Pleasant in the Adelaide Hills

The tree fell on the car the next thing you tell me in a cylone all the trees fall on cars and kill people it is their fault and the Adelaide Hills is not Pattaya, Pattaya is not coverd with trees like the Adelaide hills

1 minute ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Man killed when tree hits car at Mount Pleasant in the Adelaide Hills

The tree fell on the car the next thing you tell me in a cylone all the trees fall on cars and kill people it is their fault and the Adelaide Hills is not Pattaya, Pattaya is not coverd with trees like the Adelaide hills

I was making a statement about the futility of removing trees to stop road accidents. It applies everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Just on a serious note - One would think that the number of traffic deaths caused by collisions with trees, poles, and other street furniture might lead the road planners to consider removing such obstacles from the roadsides and central reservations.

Or utilise them further as road calming measures.

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

People are killed running into trees every week in Australia. If they removed anymore we wouldn't have any left.

Yep, agree....whenever they run off the road, those magnetic trees suck 'em up no worries every time.

14 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Maybe they ran out of power poles. Or just maybe she was avoiding a power pole that crossed her path.

Trouble is when you see 3 power poles and you can't figure out which is the real one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

No leave them where they are,  it rids Thailand if the numb skulls who drink and ride home at 1.30 

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

These kind of world shaping events  here in Banglamung really put minor events in the Middle East in context..

My neighbour got a puncture in the back wheel of her bicycle yesterday.  lol

We demand a photo with her pointing at the wheel!!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sitanonchai said:

>Law enforcement officers from Banglamung did not immediately release a statement on if any charges would be filed over the accident.

First thing that comes to mind if they checked the alcohol level in the blood.

Sure, just assume the rider was at fault.

How do you know the tree wasn't drunk?

Anything is possible in the Kingdom.

14 hours ago, Enoon said:

It's not a top story:

It's in:

Thailand Local Forums

Pattaya

Pattaya News

It's a local story (about a local person who was taken to a local hospital) for local people.

" There's nothing for you here."

I receive the AN Daily News in the form of an email, which contains a section called "Latest News", about 20 topics. This is one of them. It doesn't show which forum or subforum until I click on it.

So yes, as far as I can tell, this is a top story.

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Doing that would make absolutely no difference at all.

The average Thai driver will travel many meters to find something that they can have an accident with

• Haha 1