Khon Kaen TM30 for hotel

I'm trying to do a covid extension in KK. I checked into a hotel yesterday, and went to immigration today. Immigration is insisting I need the ID of the owner and the homeowner form.

I called the hotel from immigration and an officer talked to them for about 10 minutes, but they didn't seem to come to an understanding.

They told me to take a photo of the form and show it to the hotel.

Back at the hotel, the manager says he can't provide that form, because it's for homeowners, not hotels. 

I have heard some places want a screenshot of the online form, but here they insist on this other form.

The manager said he is going to try to figure out what to do...

Any ideas?

30 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

The manager said he is going to try to figure out what to do..

I dont have quick answer for your current hotel. 

Seems the manager is not being helpful at all. 

Doubt he will do anything to assist..

If you haven't paid in advance I would change hotels.

For anyone using hotel to provide TM30 for immigration (extension) make this very clear.

The hotel can confirm that they will file the TM30 and provide you with screenshot.

I think the hotel did submit my TM30 when I arrived. But immigration is insisting they fill out that homeowners form. 

And the manager said that form is not for hotels, which I believe is correct. The owner isn't here, it's a chain hotel with dozens of locations across Thailand.

If I can get a screenshot and they won't accept that, I'll have to go to another province. 

Maybe the foreigners who go to the immigration office in KK these days don't stay in hotels, so maybe some of the younger the immigration officers don't know what to do. I mean, everyone else waiting at the office looked like they're from a neighboring country, so probalby here for work, not expats/tourists who stay in hotels. 

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My understanding is that hotels are obliged to submit documentation regarding guests to the IO.

But the immigration office didn't even check online to see if they submitted. 

Now the receptionist is saying the online system isn't working. 

I've tried contacting hotels before booking many times, in Bangkok and Chonburi, to ask if they can give me a copy of the TM30 and if they even file it. but they always say they don't know what a TM30 is. But then it turns out that they do file it...

I remember the whole TM30 online system was down for a while. Did they ever get that working again? 

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

I think the hotel did submit my TM30 when I arrived. But immigration is insisting they fill out that homeowners form. 

And the manager said that form is not for hotels, which I believe is correct. The owner isn't here, it's a chain hotel with dozens of locations across Thailand.

If I can get a screenshot and they won't accept that, I'll have to go to another province. 

Maybe the foreigners who go to the immigration office in KK these days don't stay in hotels, so maybe some of the younger the immigration officers don't know what to do. I mean, everyone else waiting at the office looked like they're from a neighboring country, so probalby here for work, not expats/tourists who stay in hotels. 

Your last paragraph is wrong about the younger immigration officers  because it is not their call as to what documents are needed for your Covid Extension. With the Covid Extensions it is not the local IO that give the approval, they can only put a "under consideration" stamp in your passport while all the required documents are sent to the divisional headquarters for approval. It is the divisional headquarters of each region that stipulates what documents are required and not the local IO.

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

But the immigration office didn't even check online to see if they submitted. 

Now the receptionist is saying the online system isn't working. 

I've tried contacting hotels before booking many times, in Bangkok and Chonburi, to ask if they can give me a copy of the TM30 and if they even file it. but they always say they don't know what a TM30 is. But then it turns out that they do file it...

I remember the whole TM30 online system was down for a while. Did they ever get that working again? 

They probably don't know it as a TM30. In the old days the police used to check the hotel guest register. Now it's automated as part of a legal procedure and duties carried out by hotel reception staff. How can they link a daily routine duty to your individual  needs? You need to ask the IO for advice about getting the best hotel that provides the documents in the right ways to meet your needs and their requirements.

20 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You need to ask the IO for advice about getting the best hotel that provides the documents in the right ways to meet your needs and their requirements

The io would not give any advice in that regard. 

Seems that the OP checked into dodgy hotel.

I've never needed one in 10 years but couple years back there was big crack down on TM30.

Even CW were fining folk. From memory 800baht.

The point is at that time I went to my condo office and asked them to do a TM30 and provide me with screenshot. 

They basically did it on the spot. 

(I never used it as the crackdown ended) 

The OP,s issue is the Hotel he is staying at..

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The io would not give any advice in that regard. 

Seems that the OP checked into dodgy hotel.

I've never needed one in 10 years but couple years back there was big crack down on TM30.

Even CW were fining folk. From memory 800baht.

The point is at that time I went to my condo office and asked them to do a TM30 and provide me with screenshot. 

They basically did it on the spot. 

(I never used it as the crackdown ended) 

The OP,s issue is the Hotel he is staying at..

Yes I agree

I currently live in hotels. When doing. 90 day report by mail at CW they wrote on my receipt that I needed to do a TM30. I wrote back that hotels always do a TM 30 when I check in and I don’t own or rent a condo so I cannot do a TM 30. 

for some reason CW continues to write on my 90 day report receipt that I need to do a TM 30 when I change hotels. Maybe they don’t understand  at immigration that every hotel does a TM30 for every guest that checks into a legitimate hotel and it is done on the online system. 

• Thanks 1

OP mentioned its a chain of hotels. lived 10 yrs in KK the only hotel that big i know in khon kaen is Sofitel, old pullman. I dont know any chain of hotels in KK. And im pretty sure they know how to do tm30 or report. if thats your hotel leave and stay in other hotel. There are many better hotels than that one. if not, i would move to another hotel again. obviously it might create future problems.