Bloodbath in Pattaya: Jealous man stabs his wife to death

webfact

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Nong Prue police in Pattaya went to the Ngam Charoen housing estate on Sunday night where they found a bloodbath.

In a two story townhouse they found Apinya, 39, dead from multiple stab wounds. 

Theerasak, 29, who had stab wounds to his shoulder, neck and chest was cradling the corpse of his wife but still breathing.

He was given first aid then rushed to hospital. 

Noi, 48, a relative of the man said that her husband had received a call from Theerasak saying that he had discovered his wife was being unfaithful and he was going to kill her.

They didn't think he meant it.

It appears that Theerasak murdered his wife then tried to end his own life with the knife that was found at the scene, reported Thai Rath yesterday. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 5

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We see a lot of comments deriding Thai males in similar vein..... and I don't deny I have come across a few Thai men who strike me as childish or even brat like.... Is it perhaps caused by the way they are brought up?.... An absent father or one who does not involve himself with the kids.... and a mother who over-indulges them and lets them do as they please (I have seen that quite a lot)? What is behind this?

I can't deny it happens more in Thailand but i read about just such an even yesterday in the Dutch newspaper. The guy did not accept the breakup and stabbed his forger GF to death in front of their daughter that called out daddy don't do it. Also in the west (or at least in my country) they often keep these things under wraps as they don't want others to do it. "family dramas they call it where the male kills the whole family and then himself or tries too). The guy in the newspaper jumped of a bridge trying to kill himself.

So it happens in the west, cant say anything if its more prevalent here but i do know that newspapers in Thailand love these kinds of things. I dont read much crime reports in newspapers in my country its a different style of reporting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes so typical Thai, strangely the same thing happened yesterday in the Netherlands too (in front of the daughter of the couple). 

Not a Thai thing just a fragile male ego or whatever but certainly not a typical Thai thing. Seems like many want to be superior to Thais forgetting that in the west this happens too. Probably less often but non the less.

Your standard comment,

There's not way you're telling me that the amount of domestic violence in Thailand is the same as western countries.

If you could read the Thai newspapers or watch the news you'd be surprised, there's multiple cases like this every single day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

In my country they don't widely report these things (sometimes they do) but they don't want others to get ideas from it. Plus they respect privacy a lot more. 

I think its mainly because the posters on this site don't like Thai males and love to think they are so superior to them. Thais get blind drunk.. all thai males are alcoholics. Farangs drinking every day its a badge of honor. 

They seem to forget that the majority of Thai males are perfectly fine people. But because we are often also singled out as bad by nationalistic Thai media its not that unnatural to see responses like this from members. Its not as if Thais don't put our bad habits in spotlights. 

What's your interaction with Thai males been throughout your time here?

Ever lived in a rural Thai village, seen what goes on there?

Ever seen what goes on at construction site camps?

Your interaction i would assume is very minimal and your Thai friends ( if you have any ) will not be from the same 'class' as the people doing these crimes.

It's easy to say 'it happens in my country' but there is no way it's as common as what it is here.....no way!

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Your interaction i would assume is very minimal and your Thai friends ( if you have any ) will not be from the same 'class' as the people doing these crimes.

It's easy to say 'it happens in my country' but there is no way it's as common as what it is here.....no way!

Of course i don't associate with those kind of Thai males, these are the same kind of people i avoid back home lowly educated people in lower jobs. They tend to be a lot more violent. If you take that part of Thais as being all Thais then I can see your negative comments. I could look at the UK and come to the conclusion you guys are all drunks and love knives (if i were to focus on those people). Same goes in my country certain groups of lower educated people are just more violent.

You should cast your net a little bit wider. My interaction with Thais was mainly with those working in jobs above the ones you describe. Plus interaction at fishing lakes (where they were not of high class) but perfectly nice and helpful. 

I am not sure if it happens more here then in other countries. I havent seen statistics and neither have you. Do you think the reporting of these incidents is the same as in your home country. These things usually don't make the papers in my country. At times they do but in general not. 

I think its more hidden in our home countries look below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=According to the Office of,male victims and 1%2C300%2C000 women.

• According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS) about 4.2% of men and 7.9% of women suffered domestic abuse in England and Wales during 2018.[45] This equates to about 685,000 male victims and 1,300,000 women.
Edited by robblok

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course i don't associate with those kind of Thai males, these are the same kind of people i avoid back home lowly educated people in lower jobs. They tend to be a lot more violent. If you take that part of Thais as being all Thais then I can see your negative comments. I could look at the UK and come to the conclusion you guys are all drunks and love knives (if i were to focus on those people). Same goes in my country certain groups of lower educated people are just more violent.

You should cast your net a little bit wider. My interaction with Thais was mainly with those working in jobs above the ones you describe. Plus interaction at fishing lakes (where they were not of high class) but perfectly nice and helpful. 

I am not sure if it happens more here then in other countries. I havent seen statistics and neither have you. Do you think the reporting of these incidents is the same as in your home country. These things usually don't make the papers in my country. At times they do but in general not. 

I think its more hidden in our home countries look below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=According to the Office of,male victims and 1%2C300%2C000 women.

• According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS) about 4.2% of men and 7.9% of women suffered domestic abuse in England and Wales during 2018.[45] This equates to about 685,000 male victims and 1,300,000 women.

I'd say the amount of domestic violence cases that are reported here are only the ones where death occurs and it can make a news story. Domestic violence is a daily even for many many thai women in this country, there will be little stats due to very low % ( if any ) reported.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course i don't associate with those kind of Thai males

Always happy to chime in with "this could happen in the Netherlands" comment tho.......

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Where are you getting your statistics from ? (I see it on the TV therefore it must be high).

Are there published statistics that show the murder/domestic violence rate is higher in Thailand.

Its similar to suicide rates, the Thai suicide rate (including expats) is no higher than the west, its just reported more here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'd say the amount of domestic violence cases that are reported here are only the ones where death occurs and it can make a news story. Domestic violence is a daily even for many many thai women in this country, there will be little stats due to very low % ( if any ) reported.

Always happy to chime in with "this could happen in the Netherlands" comment tho.......

Yes because a lot foreigners have an overly negative view of Thais and show that at every turn. Especially those that don't amount to much themselves who are happy to finally have someone to look down onto.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Where are you getting your statistics from ? (I see it on the TV therefore it must be high).

Are there published statistics that show the murder/domestic violence rate is higher in Thailand.

Its similar to suicide rates, the Thai suicide rate (including expats) is no higher than the west, its just reported more here.

No, i see it in real life, i hear about it from real people where i live.

I don't need the stats.

Move to a Thai village and live for a year and tell me there's only a small amount of domestic violence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, i see it in real life, i hear about it from real people where i live.

I don't need the stats.

Move to a Thai village and live for a year and tell me there's only a small amount of domestic violence.

Yes stats are useless, they are for educated people. 

What you see is a tiny part of Thailand, and it really does matter who you associate with.

Peter made a great comment about suicides. In Thailand they are out in the news in the west not but the rates are the same. One would get the impression that it would be worse in Thailand but its just that an impression.

I totally believe you that domestic violence occurs but you did read what i posted about the UK, those rates are high too. Maybe its just better hidden there. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes stats are useless, they are for educated people.

stats are very easy to manipulate, first hand data better.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

What you see is a tiny part of Thailand, and it really does matter who you associate with

That's the scarey bit, what i see is a tiny cross section, you've got that all accross the nation. I agree it's the lower classes normally involved with these types of crime.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Peter made a great comment about suicides.

I'm sure Peter can speak for himself and does not need you. This thread has nothing to do with suicides.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

but you did read what i posted about the UK, those rates are high too. Maybe its just better hidden there. 

No, i did not read it, i've not returned for more that 17 years now, it was becomming a very violent country even before then. Nothing that happens in the UK interests me except for EPL.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

stats are very easy to manipulate, first hand data better.

That's the scarey bit, what i see is a tiny cross section, you've got that all accross the nation. I agree it's the lower classes normally involved with these types of crime.

I'm sure Peter can speak for himself and does not need you. This thread has nothing to do with suicides.

No, i did not read it, i've not returned for more that 17 years now, it was becomming a very violent country even before then. Nothing that happens in the UK interests me except for EPL.

Sorry but i doubt you have any clue, first hand data is not better, at least not from just that village where you come from. If it was a wider cross section then sure. But I admit I never lived in the sticks and the Thais i hung around with were usually much better off then  he ones you described (not rich by any means)

Second paragraph completely agree

It was about the fact that some things get reported a lot in Thai news but not in the west while the numbers are the same. Same might apply for domestic violence. Not to mention in the west there is a huge stigma on it and woman don't report and it stays out of sight. That does not happen here its far more out in the open. That is also something you should take into account.

So you did not read it i found the numbers quite shocking and showing there were a lot abuse there too (not much different in my country) only thing is where we come from its more hidden. ( think this is a really important point a lot of things in Thailand happen out int he open get reported while back home a lot more stays hidden because police do enforce stuff back home)

Like you i been here 17 or so years and havent really been back to my country. Just read the newspapers and yes my country has become more violent too.

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I am sure much of the Childish, and Brat like behavior is due to the Male childs upbringing.

Whilst Females are chastised, and taught to conform, and not to question Etc, from Birth, while also being looked upon by there Parents as a Cash Cow, the Male Children are treated by many Thai parents / carers,  as a "Little Emperor ", basically being allowed to do, anything they want, and being given everything they want.

The Parents are often absent from the Childs upbringing, and the Kids are cared for by the Grandparents, many of whom neither have the stamina or will to care for the Kids, and also do not want to offend or upset their offspring who provide a Money stream..

Can't disagree with you about the way you describe the upbringing. (or at least i have seen it that way too)

22 hours ago, webfact said:

It appears that Theerasak murdered his wife then tried to end his own life with the knife that was found at the scene,

Keep trying man, don't be a quitter.

• Like 1