Hungarian wanted for insurance fraud arrested in Bangkok - he's on 4,254 days overstay

webfact

Pretty amazing overstay. I don’t understand how he could manage. Find myself in constant situations were I have to show my passport and visa (like hotels, flights etc.)

Guess you need either a fake visa/passport or not move around too much during an overstay.

• Like 1

These stories never fail to amaze, especially given the constant worries over annual renewals and 90 reporting and TM30 etc on this site.  One wonders why we bother…. Oh yea, we are not criminals. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, khunpa said:

Pretty amazing overstay. I don’t understand how he could manage. Find myself in constant situations were I have to show my passport and visa (like hotels, flights etc.)

Guess you need either a fake visa/passport or not move around too much during an overstay.

"I don’t understand how he could manage." - 42 Million baht is quite a sufficient budget for handling "situations".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration chief Pol Lt-Gen Phakphumphiphat Sajjaphan speaking at HQ yesterday announced the arrest of a Hungarian man hiding out in Thailand on overstay.

These stodgy vinyl board displays have gotten really old. How about weekly episodes of “Catch the Overstay”? It would make for great reality TV with evil foreigners intent on harming the good name of Thailand..... outwitted by brave, patriotic, incorruptible Thai cops.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 1

I bet that this guy did not do the 90 day reporting and maybe his stolen money

was finally running out, or he bragged too much to the wrong person who

told the police to check if this guy was wanted anywhere. I hope Hungary has

a nice jail cell waiting for his return.