Jump to content

Molesting children under 15 means up to 20 years in jail, warn RTP


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

The topic is about children under 15 so your statement about mature people is completely irrelevant.

You said incest isn't legal in Netherlands and it was BS, right ?

 

I am just pointing out that you don't know what your'e talking about, to you it's irrelevant now because you were wrong and you now know it, but when you stated it was BS, it wasn't irrelevant at that time was it.

 

I'll give you a tip: use Google.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

You said incest isn't legal in Netherlands and it was BS, right ?

 

I am just pointing out that you don't know what your'e talking about, to you it's irrelevant now because you were wrong and you now know it, but when you stated it was BS, it wasn't irrelevant at that time was it.

 

I'll give you a tip: use Google.

What part of "the topic is about children under 15" don't you understand? 

It is illegal for kids under 15. 

I give you a tip, try to use your brain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, shoukd be a bullet or castration tbh no punishment large enough for child molesters. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

What part of "the topic is about children under 15" don't you understand? 

It is illegal for kids under 15. 

I give you a tip, try to use your brain. 

You seem such a nice guy, I'm sure you're very popular. Relax pal, don't make your day any worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, arithai12 said:

 

I think he was using "molesting" in the sense of being intimate, with the girl's consent (if not, then I shut up). And especially, he was referring to times back in Europe. Teens here seem to grow up much slower. But back in home country, some girls of 14 were quite "advanced" and I remember clearly how they were going out with 18+ (motorized) guys and not even giving a glance to us of their same age. Truth be told, we were probably repelling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You hit the nail on the head,thats why i put molesting in brackets,it was meant to lighten things up ,what i was saying was we were a couple of teenagers playing about, trouble is  some on here want to see it the wrong way.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

You hit the nail on the head,thats why i put molesting in brackets,it was meant to lighten things up ,what i was saying was we were a couple of teenagers playing about, trouble is  some on here want to see it the wrong way.

 

Bert, we have Brits , Aussies, Kiwis, who have a sense of humor, then there are the rest. 🙂

 

I certainly understood what you meant, but then again I'm English.

Edited by Broken Record
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree.

And about teachers: It seems most Thai parents want that the teacher punishes the kids. That is what many Thai parents expect from a Thai teacher.

It seems?

 

I don't want teachers to punish(hit) my children, and haven't known any parents who do, which would suggest it doesn't seem to be the case.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 9:36 AM, bert bloggs said:

a more serious note i remember when i first came to thailand i was with a bar girl where she lived and her young daughter about 15

What does "with a bar girl" mean?

Is this a way to get around talking of  illegal activities?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

You hit the nail on the head,thats why i put molesting in brackets,it was meant to lighten things up ,what i was saying was we were a couple of teenagers playing about, trouble is  some on here want to see it the wrong way.

 

You did seem to be equating two teenagers in a relationship with adults abusing Children . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 5:08 AM, Geoffggi said:

It would be better if they published a minimum sentence with no possible chance of a reduction.

Yep, the minimum should be at least 25 years and apply to crimes of sexual “molestation” no matter what the age of the victims. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, the minimum should be at least 25 years and apply to crimes of sexual “molestation” no matter what the age of the victims. 

 What are the sentences for rape in your country?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

 What are the sentences for rape in your country?

 

While my comment is in a forum focused on Thailand I wasn’t referring exclusively to Thailand’s sentencing guidelines.
 

I would call for a minimum of 25 years with no chance of parole there as well. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

I would call for a minimum of 25 years with no chance of parole there as well. 

So, more that for murder? Seems a bit steep. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Neeranam said:

So, more that for murder? Seems a bit steep. 

Maybe but that’s how I feel. Rapists and predatory scum deserve no mercy. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

While my comment is in a forum focused on Thailand I wasn’t referring exclusively to Thailand’s sentencing guidelines.
 

I would call for a minimum of 25 years with no chance of parole there as well. 

Might as well just kill them after the rape then.

Dead victims tell no tales, and the sentence isn't any worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Might as well just kill them after the rape then.

Dead victims tell no tales, and the sentence isn't any worse.

Like guys who impregnate their teenage step daughters 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Maybe but that’s how I feel. Rapists and predatory scum deserve no mercy. 

I have found that Thai people show more compassion and forgiveness than those in Western countries. Maybe it's the instilled belief in Karma, everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's the understanding that sexual abusers have often been victims themselves. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Neeranam said:

I have found that Thai people show more compassion and forgiveness than those in Western countries. Maybe it's the instilled belief in Karma, everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's the understanding that sexual abusers have often been victims themselves. 

 

Rape is unforgivable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Might as well just kill them after the rape then.

Dead victims tell no tales, and the sentence isn't any worse.

“Them”?

 

Is that how you refer to victims and survivors of sexual abuse?

Edited by Bluespunk
Removed personal comment though I stand by it
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Rape is unforgivable. 

I think it depends on what level of spirituality you have reached. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It seems?

 

I don't want teachers to punish(hit) my children, and haven't known any parents who do, which would suggest it doesn't seem to be the case.

I hear those stories from Thai relatives of my gf and from her Thai friends. And it seems to be normal.

I have no kids and don't want any kids but I am sure the situation in (expensive, international) schools for foreign kids the situation is different from the cheap local schools up country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I think it depends on what level of spirituality you have reached. 

Not in my view.
 

Please stop trying to bring faith/spirituality into this. If I state my views on those areas I will be quite rightly be accused of derailing the thread with off topic comments. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hear those stories from Thai relatives of my gf and from her Thai friends. And it seems to be normal.

I have no kids and don't want any kids but I am sure the situation in (expensive, international) schools for foreign kids the situation is different from the cheap local schools up country. 

Surely different but I find it hard to believe parents want their kids to be hit.

Maybe it's that those on the lower rungs of the hierarchical social ladder are scared of voicing their opinions to teachers. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

“Them”?

 

Is that how you refer to victims and survivors of sexual abuse?

If the subject of the discussion is 'victims of sexual abuse'.

Then it's entirely appropriate to use 'them'.

 

But quite frankly I more surprised by you claiming the crime is 'unforgivable'.

As current liberal 'woke' thinking is that nearly ALL criminals can be rehabilitated.

Edited by BritManToo
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If the subject of the discussion is 'victims of sexual abuse'.

Then it's entirely appropriate to use 'them'.

 

But quite frankly I more surprised by you claiming the crime is 'unforgivable'.

As current liberal 'woke' thinking is that nearly ALL criminals can be rehabilitated.

What about guys who molest teenagers who are family  members , should they be forgiven and rehabilitated ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

If the subject of the discussion is 'victims of sexual abuse'.

Then it's entirely appropriate to use 'them'.

 

But quite frankly I more surprised by you claiming the crime is 'unforgivable'.

As current liberal 'woke' thinking is that nearly ALL criminals can be rehabilitated.

No it’s not an appropriate use of the word.

I am all for rehabilitation and would hold out hope for it if governments across the world would invest heavily in such programs.
 

I also believe that rape is unforgivable and that rapists should be locked away from society.
 

Let’s see how rehabilitated they are after 25 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 9:36 AM, bert bloggs said:

her young daughter about 15 said she was off to work ,turned out she was a bar girl ,i could hardly believe it at the time.

Did you report this to the authorities? 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I am all for rehabilitation

doesn't sound like it after your previous posts

you sound like you are all for locking up and throwing away the key

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

doesn't sound like it after your previous posts

you sound like you are all for locking up and throwing away the key

Perhaps you should quote the rest of that sentence as it does clarify my views on rehabilitation... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...