Just A Warning

Hi,In March i went to Penang and got a Non-immigrant O visa.I used Sadao as my exit and entry point.However,recently i extended my visa for 1 year at Suan Plu,but as they were processing the visa they looked at my passport and saw the stamps from Sadao ,they said,''we always have trouble with these stamps''.So they checked it out and found no record on the computer of entering Thailand but the stamp was fine (& i can assure you, i personally went there and back ,i didn't use any visa agents.)

I was lucky because my wife's friend works there and she handed us over to the right people to clear it up.But they told my wife that this happens quite often and it's usually 5000 bt to clear it up.(per farang)

Now i don't want to use Sadao because they are incompetent, i can't see how it benifits them because they were complaining about them in BKK.So i can't see a connection between Sadao & BKK in ways of a scam.Next time i'll go to Laos.

I had a similar event with a Padangbasar stamp.. Short version of the story.

Went on a visa run to Ranong and they looked at the stamp and told me it was a forgery (it was not).. I could not leave to Myanmar and confused came home..

I then went to Padangbasar one time in and out and then next Ranong run all was fine !!!

:o Sounds like a scam by the boys in BKK.... Think about it. Sitting behind the desk in that office, waiting for a farang to come about so that I can tell him that there is something wrong...... cannot process his precious visa!!!! And then we go "what"????? :D

I'm sure some guys would pay anything to have those problems "rectified". :D

:o Sounds like a scam by the boys in BKK.... Think about it. Sitting behind the desk in that office, waiting for a farang to come about so that I can tell him that there is something wrong...... cannot process his precious visa!!!! And then we go "what"????? :D

I'm sure some guys would pay anything to have those problems "rectified". :D

I agree. Those border points were very involved in the fake stamp problems last year, and foreigners know that, so it provides scope for a potential earner for an alert immigration officer or two.