why is this PC tablet so cheap?

fvw53

I would like to buy a cheap tablet to transfer from my smartphone all the photos stored here since several years

Now I find on Lazada a tablet and I wonder if a member of the Forum can explain why it is so cheap. I need it only for very occasional use but I am attracted to what it offers. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/new-xiaomi-tablet-ram12g-rom512g-full-hd-tablet-andorid-10-core-i3248833493-s12071500447.html?

Does it really have a keyboard ?

What kind of operating system does it use (I still have on old but unused license for Windows 7 and I don't care if it is no longer supported by Microsoft)

Can it really connect to the internet ( 5G LTE and GPS) : do I then have to buy a SIM card?

Can it connect to my router ?

Edited by fvw53
typo
  • Like 1

It's all fake. Just run away from their nonsense.

Even their description states a P8 and their review pics show a Teclast....which of course has nothing to do with the description further above. Further more, there is no reference to such a device on the Teclast website: http://www.teclast.com/en/

Teclast do make a P80...which again has no relation to the nonsensical specifications published there.

I refer you to this thread for when it comes to the reviews: 

Seeing as none of the pics in the reviews match with the pics of what they are advertising. Steer clear!

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

yes but I am surprised by the positive comments given by some of the buyers 

I bought a cheap 10 inch tablet from Lazada that also had some good comments, but it was junk and didn't last 3 months. The seller is offering no warranty for a reason, but hey, if you want to roll the dice, go ahead, maybe you'll get lucky.

Old stock/closeout.bargain bin, older HW, older SW. I think it's a Teclast (P80?), not Xiaomi? Teclast is a reliable tablet IME.

Should be fine for your stated requirements. Unclear why you need a tablet to transfer from my smartphone all the photos stored here? Where is "here"?

OS is Android.

Keyboard is OPTIONAL, Bluetooth.

Looks like it supports mobile data 3G/4G, yes it takes a SIM

Yes it connects to the interwebs, WiFi and 3G/4G.

If your router supports WiFi, then yes, it can connect to your router.

No clue if they throw in the smartish watch and the case?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I used to own its predecessor, which was advertised with almost the same pictures.
Android was supposed to be version 9, was in fact 4.4
Memory was advertised as 128Gb, was in fact 12GB
Screen resolution was advertised as full HD, was in fact very low.
The tablet was running a non-erasable background software preinstalled by its manufacturer which altered the results of most of the common benchmarking tools.
For a normal User everything would seem fine according to its advertised specs....
And as a bonus it also had a Virus/Spyware preinstalled, which was continuously running in the background (cloaked with the name of a popular App) stealing information and sending it to who-knows-where.
I managed to root it and clean it, now it functions as a videoplayer for the village kids.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Correct spelling of huawei is huawei not huawii

It's another fake. They make the spelling as close to the original as they can. I nearly bought some bargain Bose speakers in MBK, but when I looked closer they actually spelt BCSE, and the C was nearly an O to catch the unwary.

Edited by giddyup

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Old stock/closeout.bargain bin, older HW, older SW. I think it's a Teclast (P80?), not Xiaomi? Teclast is a reliable tablet IME.

Should be fine for your stated requirements. Unclear why you need a tablet to transfer from my smartphone all the photos stored here? Where is "here"?

OS is Android.

Keyboard is OPTIONAL, Bluetooth.

Looks like it supports mobile data 3G/4G, yes it takes a SIM

Yes it connects to the interwebs, WiFi and 3G/4G.

If your router supports WiFi, then yes, it can connect to your router.

No clue if they throw in the smartish watch and the case?

Noooooooooooooooo....what are you doing?

It's junk. The reviews are fake. The first review with five stars even has a cracked screen with the words 

I have received the product. The screen is broken a lot. What do you have to do? Must return the product or the shop will change it for me?

and the shop's reply is:

Dear customer, thank you for your support of our 5G Mobile store, thank you for your compliments, we will continue to provide the best service.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Noooooooooooooooo....what are you doing?

It's junk. The reviews are fake. The first review with five stars even has a cracked screen with the words 

and the shop's reply is:

What do you mean it's fake? You pay 2300 baht, you get what you pay for. As for review it's legit, it's just Chinese seller and they answer nonsense like this all the time.

26 minutes ago, Pravda said:

What do you mean it's fake? You pay 2300 baht, you get what you pay for. As for review it's legit, it's just Chinese seller and they answer nonsense like this all the time.

It's FAKE. The specs are FAKE. What is difficult to understand? 

It's 2000 baht.

2400 baht baht is the other FAKE tablet which is neither Xiaomi nor a Teclast P8(since such a device does not even exist). Misleading advertising. They are not selling what they are advertising. FAKE.

There are cheap Android tablets sold around SEA (dunno if the "chip shortage" is affecting this) in the $US90-125 range.

Don't expect much.  If you made the rounds of the tech malls you might be able find them and get hands-on before you buy.  If the seller says you cannot try the one in the box you would be purchasing keep walking.  Don't expect much in the way of an included keyboard, but if you want you might be able to buy one that connects via Bluetooth or USB.

I bought a 7 inch at Panthip about 10 years ago for 4k baht.  Still works, Android 4.0.3, slow as hell, but I just use it as a portable ebook reader.  A few years in it wouldn't take the plug-in charge any more, but I could charged via the USB port, go figure.  I am now looking for a 10 inch, again mostly for ebooks.

have a genuine item

The genuine item can be a expensive load of rubbish as well....  

Big Brand name genuine [full price paid]  tablet, lots count of how many time it was taken back to the service centre.. [ fuel + time taking it and the same again a week later to collect it + same every month to 6 weeks] gave up > has been sat in the draw for the past 3 years, still not working

Feel sure a copy cheap one would have been as good + a fraction of the price.

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

What are the real specs?

Why is important to know the real specs? Are you interested in purchasing or do you think it is an intelligent question that could outsmart me?

We know it's not an Xiaomi and we know that it cannot be a Teclast P8 because that does not exist. We know that it cannot be a typo for Teclast P80 because the Teclast P80 does not even have a modem chip.

So we know the the advertising is for a product that doesn't meet the description of any of the branded products named in the advertisement. FAKE.

Best you stop with the Trolling...it's obvious.