Random check by immigration

I write as someone who was an immigration officer in the UK back in the day.   Visits of this kind were normal practice in those days, and always unannounced. Often in the early hours of the morning, to actually see if husband and wife were living together. With respect to Thai Immigration, I don't really see much point in phoning to say when they intend to visit or to make an appointment, as it gives an opportunity to make everything look correct.  Here in Thailand, I am on marriage extensions for the past 12 years. We didn't have any visits from Thai immigration in the first 9 years, but they have visited for the past 3 years and required a witness to be present each time.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony M said:

I am on marriage extensions for the past 12 years. We didn't have any visits from Thai immigration in the first 9 years, but they have visited for the past 3 years and required a witness to be present each time

What if you make it to 15 yr anniversary. Think that one is Crystal.

Can you present certificate to avoid random home visit.

Ridiculous rules. 

I've wrote this story before regarding a marriage extension. But I'll write it again as it shows that extensions and home visits are a total <deleted>.

Homosexual German arrives in the village with his Thai boyfriend. They move into the Thai B/F's mothers house, who by the way is single/widowed. To get around the visa issue the German marries the lovers mother. All legit and marriage done at the local amphur. All 3 live under the same roof and the German obtains his annual marriage extension as per normal husband and wife. Dunno if ever they received any home visits but no probs as all would appear to be above board. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly you have never been part of a family where one of the children is not biologically yours.

The danger of making assumptions.

OK, I will allow that it either bothers you or someone you know.

It doesn't bother me.

Peace. Out.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The danger of making assumptions.

OK, I will allow that it either bothers you or someone you know.

It doesn't bother me.

Peace. Out.

Good that it's of no concern for you. 

Any clearly your extended family also. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes fair price.

That's for folk avoiding money in bank requirement.

I don't require that. 

Not always, I know a couple of guys who use agents because they cant be bothered, nothing to do with money

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not always, I know a couple of guys who use agents because they cant be bothered, nothing to do with money

??

Yes of course. Many use agent and are seriously rich. 

You quoted me out of context.

It was referring to Trat immigration and some home visit for retirement extensions.

I would pay agent to avoid that. 

Edited by DrJack54

21 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Love it. Who’s the warrior now, eh? No wonder they’re bothering you, some of the ‘quality’ tourists in Thailand tend to attract grief. 

Unlike you I'm not a tourist, I've been living here since the early 90's. You being fresh off the boat explains a few things though.

As already said before, they can come everyday, wasting their time and the goverments money, but what makes me really angry is the fact, that I wasn't at home, when they where here.

Assuming I would have a hard time with my wife and therefore she would tell them that I just went out "f..." my girl....blablablabla

What do you think, what would happen? What do you think who they are going to trust and believe...

Yeah, yeah, their rules, their games.....

On 1/20/2022 at 8:52 PM, DrJack54 said:

What bit dont you get.

I live here on retirement extensions. 

Never had any clerks to my home.

My extensions at CW are over in very short time once per year. 

My reports are via mail.

This thread was about a home visit. Not laws of the land such as road laws. 

They are in every country.

Thread not about that.

About goons doing home visit.

I don't have any. 

"Goons?" 

Just showing up does not a "goon" make. How they behave WHEN they show up defines whether they are "goons."  Nothing said in the Opening Post suggests they acted like "goons." 

("Goon" = heavy-handed, rude, bullying, violent, abusive, et cetera.) 

But that's how YOU chose to describe them?

If that's your outlook, I can understand why YOU wouldn't want them coming. They probably wouldn't enjoy visiting you, much, either. 

Pffft! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1