Random check by immigration

they haven't visited you 3 month ago when you were making an extension.

There were overstretched with the majority doing their extensions at the same time, end of september.

now they were passing in you area and decided to visit.

They never visited us in the very first extension in september 2020 and not in 2021. During the application process immigration officer was informally chatting to my wife, while doing all the paperwork. That was enough for them to check 

everything she wanted to know about our marriage. We are married for many years and my wife lived with me in europe for very many years.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

they haven't visited you 3 month ago when you were making an extension.

There were overstretched with the majority doing their extensions at the same time, end of september.

now they were passing in you area and decided to visit.

I was told at immigration, that the visite is only for the first application to get to know each other....And I'm living only 100m from the immigration office....

Never mind, this is not important...

The owner of my condo rental  in Bangkok contacted me yesterday . She  said the manager called her and asked for a copy of my passport and TM30.  Owner asked if I can give it to the manager. I have been living in this building for about a year and a half.  
I told the owner I submitted copies of my passport and visa to her upon moving in. I have a retirement visa. 
Owner said  the manager told her she has no information about me.  Owner then asked me to submit TM 30 to manager.  I told owner she was responsible to submit the TM30 since she rented to a foreigner.  I also reminded her of this just before I moved in.  She said she took care of it.
I then went to office to speak to manager.  I asked why this all came up after a long period of time. Manager said something about immigration police last week came to the condo.  Supposedly looking for a  specific foreigner in the area who is not using proper documents.  Manager also confirmed there is no information about me.  They just know I have been living here for a while 
There are now notices in all the elevators regarding TM30 regulations.

So maybe this is all part of crack down on foreigners.  Possibly doing random checks. 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Confused 2

I'm on a regular retirement visa, not marriage based.  They came to my house once.  That was about 4 years ago.  But they called first.  Just wanted to take picture of me holding my passport in front of the mailbox.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rwill said:

I'm on a regular retirement visa, not marriage based.  They came to my house once.  That was about 4 years ago.  But they called first.  Just wanted to take picture of me holding my passport in front of the mailbox.

This occured few years ago in Hua Hin. 

• Like 1