Pattaya Mayor apologizes and explains the problem with the long “under-construction” sidewalks on Central and South Pattaya Roads

webfact

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I did not hear of any effort to rectify this.....

I struggle in that area every Sunday and I have not seen progress for months and months.... nor any effort if it comes to that. Get down there, kick ass Mr Mayor, your 'friends' who own the construction companies might listen!

Every Sunday?

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Because deliberate delays caused by unions or mafia or competition could lead to sabotage. It's said that major London projects including Wembley pay millions of pounds to stop 'delays'

Strange & irelevant comparison. Like trying to compare a banana to an elephant.

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Every Sunday?

Well yes, usually drive into town, park up at Big-CX and take a walk, and want to head South, so cross over in-front of the Mall. Grab a Sunday roast and head back to do some shopping. I find driving around Pattaya in the Truck a drag. 

20 hours ago, mikebell said:

I thought it was his brother-in-law or is that the one who supplies Pattaya beach with sand three times a year?

I know there was a sister involved in one construction company...... they have it all stitched up. 

Whilst they are apologizing here, and all over Thailand, for the usual snouts in the trough system and Thai mafia BS, next door, in Vietnam, they have record breaking tourist infrastructure.

https://travelerdoor.com/2020/05/09/the-world-record-breaking-cable-car-rides-of-vietnam/

If they can't even pave a side walk here, how can they compete in the future?