RIP Meat Loaf

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A one hit wonder yes indeed...

but Bob was skinny  however, ML was 'heavyset' and had asthma plus a heart  condition and other  issues which made him  susceptible to the Covid

No need to reply to 

a Trump supporter  good night

Edited by Meat Pie 47
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

When I need to look at a list  of hits but can only hum one...

So you can only remember one song from Bat out of Hell that sold 47 million.  Can't recall I'd do anything for love that was no 1  in 28 countries and off an album that sold 15 million.  Have no recollection of numerous less noteworthy hits e.g. Dead Ringer for Love Top 5. Come on Hammer time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

No matter who dies, you always get one or two <deleted> turn up with disparaging comments.

I think the name you are looking for - and was <deleted> was ...

Long form - Richard Cranium

Short form - ...

• Haha 1

Just months before his death, Meat Loaf opened up about being “scared to death” of COVID—yet he claimed he’d “rather die” than have to deal with quarantine. During an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published in August 2021, he also labeled face masks a “nuisance.”

Sad to see him pass on but if it's true that he died from covid related illness this is another case of Darwinism thinning the herd. RIP.

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Bat out of hell, literally one of a handful of albums that made up the soundtrack of my younger life.

Agree with that for me also..............AND if you get on to BBC iPlayer there is a doco/tribute to Meatloaf and it has clips of his live performances even going back to The Rocky Horror Show.

And it brought back so many memories. Go take a look.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:04 PM, DaLa said:

Not forgetting of course,  Rocky Horror Picture Show.

That was probably why I disliked him so much, but in the 90s I saw a lot of his music VDOs and I came to like his music a lot.

His songs were certainly more than the usual 3 minutes of bubblegum, and the VDOs were great too.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, bbko said:

Just months before his death, Meat Loaf opened up about being “scared to death” of COVID—yet he claimed he’d “rather die” than have to deal with quarantine. During an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published in August 2021, he also labeled face masks a “nuisance.”

Sad to see him pass on but if it's true that he died from covid related illness this is another case of Darwinism thinning the herd. RIP.

Pity you couldn't leave the covid obsession out of it.

:violin: