Will 60 day Covid extensions be continued after January 25th 2022???

I went to MTT on Thursday and was surprised when the officer checking my documents said this would be my last extension. When I queried him about the fact that the regional borders have not opened up yet, I was told to wait for an announcement whether it would be extended. They also were not handing out the packets the had been for the next extension.

So they just want to boot us all out even though regional borders are not opening up with any kind of normality? My prior visit to this one they asked me I had to write down when I would leave, and I wrote when I can get back home to Taiwan.

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I went to MTT on Thursday and was surprised when the officer checking my documents said this would be my last extension. When I queried him about the fact that the regional borders have not opened up yet, I was told to wait for an announcement whether it would be extended. They also were not handing out the packets the had been for the next extension.

So they just want to boot us all out even though regional borders are not opening up with any kind of normality? My prior visit to this one they asked me I had to write down when I would leave, and I wrote when I can get back home to Taiwan.

I think you forgot what happened in September 2020. It was exactly the same situation. The covid amnesty was ending and they tried to kick everyone out, before introducing covid extensions days after the supposed deadline.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Little bit of a difference, in Vietnam they were free extensions where as here people are paying for extensions,and in Vietnam there is at least one land border opening allowing travel into Cambodia. 

the extensions were not free i was trapped there for 21months and at the start was paying dong 1,500,000.00 a month then it went down to 1,000,000.00 , others were paying more ,.and i have friends there and have not heard about the cambodia boarder being open ,i left in october last year and it costed aus$6,000 plus $3,000 for quarantine ,just in case someone wants to know

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

The officer told you it would be your last one but he also said wait for the announcement? 

51 minutes ago, ba ba said:

the extensions were not free i was trapped there for 21months and at the start was paying dong 1,500,000.00 a month then it went down to 1,000,000.00 , others were paying more ,.and i have friends there and have not heard about the cambodia boarder being open ,i left in october last year and it costed aus$6,000 plus $3,000 for quarantine ,just in case someone wants to know

So the automatic extensions were not free?

22 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Was hoping for yesterday. My visa agent said I should get it done today 

Unclear why everyone is waiting? Until there's an announcement, they've not stopped them; so why not rush down get the extension before any announcement.... just in case.  Or wait, and maybe not get extended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trvlr55 said:

Unclear why everyone is waiting? Until there's an announcement, they've not stopped them; so why not rush down get the extension before any announcement.... just in case.  Or wait, and maybe not get extended.

In some provinces the 60 days starts at date of application for the first Covid extension. Understandable why people leave it late.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

In some provinces the 60 days starts at date of application for the first Covid extension. Understandable why people leave it late.

Also you are not able to apply two weeks before the end of the previous extension .

48 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yes. 

i don't think we know that yet do we? or did i miss the announcement that they will be extending the covid extension? oops! never mind i misread the comment...

Edited by TimLMT
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, sateuk said:

Thanks for answering

You should do it as soon as possible, today at Jomtien anyone applying for covid extensions was given  a que number and told to come back tomorrow. So maybe tommorow is really the last day. 

32 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

You should do it as soon as possible, today at Jomtien anyone applying for covid extensions was given  a que number and told to come back tomorrow. So maybe tommorow is really the last day. 

Mines buriram office so shouldn't be that busy

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Just did my Ret Ext renewal 3 weeks early at Udon immigration: in/out 20 minute job.

Do you happen to know if there is a Bangkok Bank within walking distance of this Immigration Office ??

Also, what documents did they require ??

18 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Do you happen to know if there is a Bangkok Bank within walking distance of this Immigration Office ??

Also, what documents did they require ??

Yes, a 2 minute walk away on opposite side of Phosi at the traffic lights.

2mins.jpg.0b9b7773f1e2ffa571a6c20a192bd6e7.jpg

Passport, proof of address, proof of income and the fee. They pre-print the forms, including the overstay disclaimer but today they also took one of my passport photos and glued it alongside their camera image on the pre-printed application form. So you just sign 3 or 4 times, pay your fee, get your picture taken, get your passport back with the extension (they politely show the new one and it's expiration date) and payment receipt and leave.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, a 2 minute walk away on opposite side of Phosi at the traffic lights.

2mins.jpg.0b9b7773f1e2ffa571a6c20a192bd6e7.jpg

Passport, proof of address, proof of income and the fee. They pre-print the forms, including the overstay disclaimer but today they also took one of my passport photos and glued it alongside their camera image on the pre-printed application form. So you just sign 3 or 4 times, pay your fee, get your picture taken, get your passport back with the extension (they politely show the new one and it's expiration date) and payment receipt and leave.

Thankyou very much for that information, its very much appreciated.

Well.... They have extended the 'state of emergency', and the '50:50 economic stimulus plan'.....

I don't see why they wouldn't extended '60 day covid extension' ..... 

I think the government has more important things to get over with before solving our problem......

On 1/22/2022 at 11:33 AM, DrJack54 said:

Here is link for affidavit.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 229.8 kB · 1032 downloads

Be aware that an immigration clerk at CW has been asking for outbound flight.

Don't get flustered just state that it's your intention to exit next month and your previous flight was cancelled. 

Please report back your experience. 

At Trat today everyone had to prove their flights and email/print the itinerary. Otherwise they wouldn't even consider the extension. I heard quite a few got rejected for having an outbound flight later than 60 days from today. 

4 minutes ago, Annika DM said:

At Trat today everyone had to prove their flights and email/print the itinerary. Otherwise they wouldn't even consider the extension. I heard quite a few got rejected for having an outbound flight later than 60 days from today. 

So immigration determine government policy. 

Disappointing.

Out of control.

Hope they all get cheapest flight out or "rent a flight" and return to ah immigration tomorrow. 

Edited by DrJack54