Where to get Nvidia Shield repaired.

phetphet

I have a 2015 Nvidia Shield Pro 500Gb that has suddenly stopped working. When I press the power on button, the green light briefly flashes, but the Shield doesn't power on.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get it repaired in Thailand?

I did ask Thai Nexus Man who sells Shields, but he didn't know and only suggested, "Maybe MBK."

TIA.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Maybe look on lazada and shopee for places selling Nvidia Shields now, then message them?

That's what I did. I actually ordered a new one from Thai Nexus Man, and asked him.

My current one is great, and it just looks like a fault in the "power on" switch.

On the Shield there is no actual button. Seems more like a touch sensor. If I can't get it fixed here, will take back to UK on my next trip. Get it done there. 

I am not an expert on this, but I came across such problems and I remember some people mentioning that one of the following solutions worked for them.  Please make sure before you attempt any as I take no responsibility if anything happens;

1- Press and hold the power button for not less than 10 seconds and see if it works.  If it doesn't, then,

2- repeatedly press and release the power button multiple times and see if it works. or

as a last attempt. disconnect the battery to reset the unit.  This requires you to to get into the inside of the unit to be able to disconnect the battery and reconnect after a minute or so.

I believe it is a common problem that is triggered by updating the software.

I hope this helps

I had a similar experience with mine , was going to try and get it repaired then I decided to just buy a new one. When the new one arrived I just happened to try the old one using the new power lead and it worked perfectly again.

So try a different power lead on it first , make sure though it's the correct ampage.

• Like 2

Screenshot_20220124-203028.thumb.jpg.9baf6a04ee83d02c4fbc4d58ce0557fb.jpgScreenshot_20220124-202811.thumb.jpg.21f12630efe6cce2afa2c74c878ab935.jpgThey don't have an authorized dealer or repair shop in Thailand.

I've got about 4 of the Nvidia's.  Great product!

There in some drawer in the house somewhere

I ended up buying the new one for traveling.

I also bought Mi S box 4k.

Great cheaper alternative if you can't get it fixed.

Screenshot_20220124-203751.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1