90 day Non-O using monthly deposit

So, I went from visa exempt, 30 day extension, doing the covid extension. When I apply for 90 day Non-O How many months of 65,000 plus International deposits are required? I started having my money deposited into BB May 2021.

Transfer of 65k baht into a Thai bank is not show on the requirements to a apply for a non-o visa at immigration. It only mention a letter from your embassy. See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

If you have almost a year of transfers from aboard they may accept it. You would have to contact your local office about it.

When applying for the extension based upon retirement you will need 12 months of transfers with proof it came from abroad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Transfer of 65k baht into a Thai bank is not show on the requirements to a apply for a non-o visa at immigration. It only mention a letter from your embassy. See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

If you have almost a year of transfers from aboard they may accept it. You would have to contact your local office about it.

When applying for the extension based upon retirement you will need 12 months of transfers with proof it came from abroad.

This the reason for asking, website doesn't show option of deposit for 90 day. I'll ask.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Money in the bank method better option when no income letter from embassy available. 

I'm bringing over money for another car. Missed the good exchange rates, waiting for it to get a bit better.....maybe. So I can use that $$ for 90 day and after that my deposits will be 12 months.

Or hand over 26,000 to agent and be done with the BS at immigration for 15 mos.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm bringing over money for another car. Missed the good exchange rates, waiting for it to get a bit better.....maybe. So I can use that $$ for 90 day and after that my deposits will be 12 months.

Or hand over 26,000 to agent and be done with the BS at immigration for 15 mos.

If you go the income method, I suggest that you run your plan past your immigration office.

If you can afford the 800k in the bank then that's bullet proof and your non O and subsequent extension is easy process.

Yes 25-30k agent is always an option..

• Like 2

I entered with a visa exemption and had been transferring THB 65,000 monthly even though I was outside Thailand.  I went to Chaeng Wattana with a bank statement showing over 12months of intl transfers but they would not accept for a 90 day Non O.  The only 2 options was THB 800,000 in a Thai bank or a letter from my Embassy (I am from the U.S. and they no longer issue).

I had to scramble to top up my Bangkok bank account to THB 800,000 and was then issued the 90 day Non O.

Edited by SmokeandIce
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

The only 2 options was THB 800,000 in a Thai bank or a letter from my Embassy (I am from the U.S. and they no longer issue).

Exactly.

This is what I was stating to the OP.

Some offices may allow the non O with the one year of transfers that you did. Certainly not CW.

The OP should organize the 800k in bank account. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Money in the bank method better option when no income letter from embassy available. 

That ties up 800,000 if single or 400,000 if married.  I use the 65+K and have since the embassy letters ceased.  I spend less than an hour a year at immigration doing the yearly stay approval which goes smoothly.  Bangkok Bank provides necessary documents to validate that the funds come each and every month into my account, verifies that it is my account only and a copy of the bank book for that account.  it costs 1900 baht per year to stay plus 500 baht to the bank for copies of documents. Hard to argue that any other way is easier without tying up that money.  Just saying.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

That ties up 800,000 if single or 400,000 if married.  I use the 65+K and have since the embassy letters ceased.  I spend less than an hour a year at immigration doing the yearly stay approval which goes smoothly.  Bangkok Bank provides necessary documents to validate that the funds come each and every month into my account, verifies that it is my account only and a copy of the bank book for that account.  it costs 1900 baht per year to stay plus 500 baht to the bank for copies of documents. Hard to argue that any other way is easier without tying up that money.  Just saying.

The thing you may be missing is that when the embassies stopped providing the letters it was possible to actually obtain a Non-O Visa (I mean a visa, not the extension of the stay) by doing the monthly 65k deposits into a Thai bank.  In many immigration offices that is no longer possible.  They are simply not willing to accept the 65k monthly deposits for purpose of issuing the non-O visa.  They do accept the 65k monthly deposits in many cases for the extension of stay but not for the Non-O visa.  The OP's situation is that he is applying for the Non-O visa from his immigration office and they are not accepting anything other than embassy letter (which is impossible for the OP) or 800k in the Thai bank.  The OP cannot simply transport himself back in time but has to deal with the current situation.

22 hours ago, skatewash said:

The thing you may be missing is that when the embassies stopped providing the letters it was possible to actually obtain a Non-O Visa (I mean a visa, not the extension of the stay) by doing the monthly 65k deposits into a Thai bank.  In many immigration offices that is no longer possible.  They are simply not willing to accept the 65k monthly deposits for purpose of issuing the non-O visa.  They do accept the 65k monthly deposits in many cases for the extension of stay but not for the Non-O visa.  The OP's situation is that he is applying for the Non-O visa from his immigration office and they are not accepting anything other than embassy letter (which is impossible for the OP) or 800k in the Thai bank.  The OP cannot simply transport himself back in time but has to deal with the current situation.

well, within the last couple of days, someone overseas asked about ways of getting a visa, and a well known expert on these advised ways of doing just that which included the 65 K baht per month method.  I really don't know nor care, just posting how easy it is for me doing it this way!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Presnock said:

well, within the last couple of days, someone overseas asked about ways of getting a visa, and a well known expert on these advised ways of doing just that which included the 65 K baht per month method.  I really don't know nor care, just posting how easy it is for me doing it this way!

I just today talked to IO about a 90 day Non O, the monthly deposit won't work for this, it will however work for 12 extension. For 90 day 800,000 or letter from Embassy is the only way. if others have gotten the 90 day using deposits well then good on you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I just today talked to IO about a 90 day Non O, the monthly deposit won't work for this, it will however work for 12 extension. For 90 day 800,000 or letter from Embassy is the only way. if others have gotten the 90 day using deposits well then good on you.

I think I suggested you check with your local office about since you have almost a year of transfers already.

Apparently they said no.

Now sure why immigration will not accept transfers for a non-o visa application.

I can understand the reasoning it if a person had just arrived and only had a couple of transfer to show.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think I suggested you check with your local office about since you have almost a year of transfers already.

Apparently they said no.

Now sure why immigration will not accept transfers for a non-o visa application.

I can understand the reasoning it if a person had just arrived and only had a couple of transfer to show.

They read off website rules. he told me to get non O in my home country, get an embassy letter or pony up 800K. 

• Haha 1