Lazada, caution on high value purchases

JBChiangRai

17 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

The problem with COD  if the item is faulty or you want to return item they only give you the option to return funds to lazada wallet....but falang can't have a wallet.... So Money goes in wallet how you get it out ? 

That's not true, once I bought a monitor through Lazada, I got it defect and sent it back, they put the money on a wallet, from there it was easy to transfer to my bank account.

19 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

"lazada wallet....but falang can't have a wallet..."

That is no longer true. I have one and use it often.

That said, some of the various Top Up methods seem to require Thai ID. I refill mine through BKK Bank Top Up and Kbank Top Up and no problems once I understood how to obtain Ref 1.

I had B1200 in my Lazada wallet from a COD refund.  My own fault, I forgot it was there and failed to use it.  By the time I remembered it, 3 or four months later, It didn't show on my wallet balance. 

The largely useless chat CS claimed it had expired.

Edited by dddave

22 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

My flight in business class from Madrid to Bangkok for two people got cancelled some time ago, my refund already approved, the airline says it could take up to 8 months for the refund. And it's a tad more than 139.000 THB. 

Welcome to the real world! Not only Lazada.

Always pay by credit card then you can demand repayment from the card company.  2 weeks at most.

Never had a problem with Lazada and refunds. A little slow sometimes but it gets there eventually. On the other hand, my order was cancelled by the seller on the competing outfit (S******ee) . Still waiting for a 500 baht refund after 3 months plus, many e-mails. They just seem to make refunds impossible. Money lost, lesson learned!

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I am really interested to know what you ordered at such a high price, I personally would not buy something so expensive on-line as with electrical goods especially. Unless of course it only ships from 'overseas'.

I ordered a new Yamaha Digital Grand Piano from one of the very few Yamaha Authorised Retailers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dddave said:

I had B1200 in my Lazada wallet from a COD refund.  My own fault, I forgot it was there and failed to use it.  By the time I remembered it, 3 or four months later, It didn't show on my wallet balance. 

The largely useless chat CS claimed it had expired.

Expiring currency is one of the many drawbacks with the coming central bank digital currencies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dddave said:

I know OT but could you elaborate a bit further.  I haven't heard this.

Central Bank Digital Currency can be tagged in any way a government wants it to, for example it can only be valid to be spent before a specific date, only spent in a specific store or on specific item types, could not be exchanged into other specific currencies etc etc

You will only have the right to spend it how and when the Central Bank says so, it can also be removed/forfeited  at any time.

Incidentally, I just got my refund, it took 7 days, much better than they quoted, even so, I’ll be much more careful in future and wherever possible, support local merchants directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, KhunLA said:

When was the last time you actually tried using it to 'purchase' something ?

I have a (Thai) wallet, and used only for refunds, which lately (2), last week were promptly processed, both for 20+k baht.

1. refunded within 3 days to bank account after order cancellation, since finding same item, cheaper on flagship store.  Cancelled prior to shipping.

2. same item, not working properly, refund approved, just waiting for scheduled pick up of item for return, on the 29th.  Expect funds to be transferred within 3 days of receipt of return.

Never an issue with COD or prepaid refunds.  These 2 were both, #1 prepaid (7-11) as vendor required since >20k, #2 was COD, also >20k and only 500 baht cheaper, but better return policy.

I have my Lazada wallet for credit refunds, I pay for my purchase by way of COD all works perfectly well