nissan teana

blueeyes

I have been offered a nissan teeana 2.5xv auto high spec and low milage by a friend who is in UK and no plans to come back yet. has anyone got any advice on such a car ie problems encountered or positive answers to this make and model.

Edited by blueeyes
more content

Teana is a step up above Camry or and Honda,   it's considered a luxury larger upmarket vehicle and it's comparable to even Mercedes A-class ...    just google Teana comparison. 

If it's good condition and low to medium mileage then if the price is right you have a really nice semi luxury car.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Nice car, comparitive to Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.

I drive quick ( ish ) and they pass me easily at 160-170++

What year / mileage and price out of interest?

2016 47k 500k baht

Edited by blueeyes
spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Sounds like a deal to me.

I know a top spec Camry is about 1.8M so i assume this would be a similar price new.

I had riven Cefiro, that's how the Teana was named 30 - 20 years ago, 2 cars, one after the other, very good comfortable, not much fuel saving thought, perhaps it's better now.   

• Like 1

They’re in the same ’spec / luxury’ bracket at the Accord and Camry.

47 kilometers - thats 30,000 miles (not much at all)....  500,000 baht  is a good price... 

Have a look at this one2car site for a price comparison with other Teana’s in Thailand 

https://www.one2car.com/รถ-สำหรับ-ขาย/nissan/teana?min_year=2016&max_year=2016

• Like 2

Teanas of this period are essentially the Renault Laguna platform with Nissan powertrain and electronics.  Its the same car sold as the Altima in the US and also Maxima in some markets.

The engine is the VQ25.  Quite an old design and not very economical but very very smooth. I have worked on these engines and really like them - four chain driven cams (24V) with waterpump running off the chain behind the front cover. Engine will easily be good for 200k km.

I believe the transmission is Xtronic 8-step CVT. I don't really have any knowledge of these at all.

Personally I would say a Camry of the same age is a better car, especially the 2.5 Camry - but for the mileage and price I would bite the seller's hand off!

• Like 2

We own one. Had it 6 years now. V6 torque converter auto - did not want to buy a 4 banger with CVT

Quick, quiet, smooth, leather interior.

Ours did not have the Navi - good thing as factory ones are sheet. Installed a double DIN Pioneer which has front and rear cameras, sync 2 fones, Android Auto, all the apps. Runs GMaps perfectly.

Use Michelin tires now - it eats them as they are soft and I drive fast.

Great Car

Edited by seedy

5 hours ago, seedy said:

We own one. Had it 6 years now. V6 torque converter auto - did not want to buy a 4 banger with CVT

Quick, quiet, smooth, leather interior.

Ours did not have the Navi - good thing as factory ones are sheet. Installed a double DIN Pioneer which has front and rear cameras, sync 2 fones, Android Auto, all the apps. Runs GMaps perfectly.

Great Car

Are you saying michelin tyres that you use are harder and dont wear out so quickly?.

6 hours ago, seedy said:

1 hour ago, blueeyes said:

Are you saying michelin tyres that you use are harder and dont wear out so quickly?.

Hi

Do not touch it with a barge pole ? The CVT Gearbox on the Nissans are prone to giving up at about 8 years of age , mine started to fail with 140k on the clock and 7 year 3 month old , Over 100K Bhat to replace , and talking to my local Independent garage about it he showed me 7 Cars in his garage all for the same problem , Honda , Nissan and Toyota .

Now looking at  Cars with a normal Automatic Gearbox like , Some Suzuki, Mitsubishi and Mazda .

6 hours ago, Jitar said:

I think the Teana 2.5 changed to the 2.5L QR series 4 cylinder engine and CVT before 2016 in Thailand.  Still an OK car but some of the above comments about the earlier V6 models may not be applicable.   

Exactly, the Nissan 6 cylinder engines are among the best and very smooth. I had two Teanas with the 2.3 and 2.5 litre 6 cylinder engines respectively. I also think the 2016 and newer models are 4 cylinders only. A pity since Nissan was the only brand in this segment still offering a very smooth and quiet 6 cylinder motor. The 2.5l Teana model came with CVT which took a bit of getting used to but eventually I found to be working well in combination with this engine.

17 hours ago, blueeyes said:

I have been offered a nissan teeana 2.5xv auto high spec and low milage by a friend who is in UK and no plans to come back yet. has anyone got any advice on such a car ie problems encountered or positive answers to this make and model.

I don't have personal experience of this car but a very good friend had one from new for 3 years and loved it.

They only chopped it in last year to buy a new Honda Accord.

He say's it's very comparable in all respects.

The OP refers to the car as 2.5XV.  Its my understanding that XV means its the 2.5 V6 VQ engines. However Nissan did install the 2.5 QR 4-cylinder engine and I think this happened as part of a facelift in 2016. So the OP needs to check which engine - easy enough.

Either way its likely a very good buy if all in order (serviced and no flood or crash damage).

15 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Maxima in some markets

I drove the Nissan Maxima V6 in New Zealand for a while and thought it was a lovely car, comfortable, quiet and speedy, and the engine was voted as one of the best engines around at the time, and I think that rating continued for quite a few years.

Having said that I have no idea what the later ones are like, so why not get someone who knows about these things to give it the once over and see what they recommend.......good luck.

Edited by xylophone

17 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Teanas of this period are essentially the Renault Laguna platform with Nissan powertrain and electronics.  Its the same car sold as the Altima in the US and also Maxima in some markets.

The engine is the VQ25.  Quite an old design and not very economical but very very smooth. I have worked on these engines and really like them - four chain driven cams (24V) with waterpump running off the chain behind the front cover. Engine will easily be good for 200k km.

I believe the transmission is Xtronic 8-step CVT. I don't really have any knowledge of these at all.

Personally I would say a Camry of the same age is a better car, especially the 2.5 Camry - but for the mileage and price I would bite the seller's hand off!

The teana quoted is a 4 cylinder 2.5L engine. The generation before that was the 2.5v6. That was dubbed the 250xv. There was also a 200xv which was a 2.0 engine. 

I CAN TELL YOU THAT, IF YOU WERE A SMART PERSON, WE BETTER AVOID USING NISSAN CARS IN THAILAND.

I HAD AN EXPERIENCE WHICH A DEALER TOOK 135 DAYS TO REPAIR MY CAR. AFTER I SUE THE DEALER FOR THAT LONG TIME TAKEN TO REPAIR MY CAR, AND WE SETTLE A NEGOTIATION, WHICH I AM NOT QUITE HAPPY.

SINCE THEN THE DEALER REFUSE TO SERVICE OR REPAIR MY CAR. THEN I MAKE A COMPLAIN TO NISSAN MOTOR THAILAND CALL CENTER, AND WAS TOLD BY THE STAFF AS WELL AS THE GM OF THE CALL CENTER, TO TELL ME TO GO TO ANOTHER DEALER TO DO IT INSTEAD. THIS SHOWS THAT EVEN THE H/Q OF NISSAN WILL ALWAYS SIDE THEIR DEALERS INSTEAD OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. ONLY STUPID PERSON WILL BUY A NISSAN CAR TO USE IN FUTURE, JUST IN CASE ANYTHING HAPPEN, IT WILL TELL YOU TO GO ANOTHER DEALER WHICH IS FAR AWAY FROM WHERE YOU ARE CONVENIENCE. I WILL NEVER NEVER INTRODUCE ANYONE TO BUY A NISSAN CAR EVEN IF IT GIVES 100 YRS WARRANTY TO ME. I AM WAITING FOR THE NEW PRESIDENT OF NISSAN TO CONTACT ME OR IF I DO MEET HIM IN ONE OF THE ROADSHOW, AND I WILL GIVE HIM A NICE LECTURE TO LET HIM, TO LET HIM KNOWS THAT WHAT YOUR STAFF IS DOES TO ITS CUSTOMER. MANY COVER UP MATTERS ARE NOT KNOWN BY THE BOARD OF MANAGEMENT. REAL A DISGUSTING NMT SERVICES.

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

47 kilometers - thats 30,000 miles

Yes it's 30,000 miles, but only in those backward third world countries of Liberia and Myanmar and of course also in the USA. ????

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 2:09 AM, richard_smith237 said:

47 kilometers - thats 30,000 miles

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Yes it's 30,000 miles, but only in those backward third world countries of Liberia and Myanmar and of course also in the USA. ????

CORRECTION : Actually, it's 29.2 miles but only in those backward third world countries of Liberia and Myanmar and of course also in the USA. ???? 

(47,000 kilometres ≈ 30,000 miles)

Edited by LosLobo