nissan teana

blueeyes

23 hours ago, luckyscruff said:

Hi

Do not touch it with a barge pole ? The CVT Gearbox on the Nissans are prone to giving up at about 8 years of age , mine started to fail with 140k on the clock and 7 year 3 month old , Over 100K Bhat to replace , and talking to my local Independent garage about it he showed me 7 Cars in his garage all for the same problem , Honda , Nissan and Toyota

Curious as to how often you changed the CVT fluid ?

Various forums have stated that a doubling of recommended service intervals makes all the difference.

This is the #1 reason I did not want to buy a second hand one - no idea of how it was treated.

54 minutes ago, seedy said:

Curious as to how often you changed the CVT fluid ?

Various forums have stated that a doubling of recommended service intervals makes all the difference.

This is the #1 reason I did not want to buy a second hand one - no idea of how it was treated.

The CVT transmission oil was changed every 20.000 km at a Nissan Dealer 

I bought my wife one in 2015. Although new, from the dealer, turns out they sold her one that was manufactured in 2013. She never thought to check because it was 'new'. Just be sure what you're buying is as stated so you don't pay too much.  The car has been very good although had some A/C issues last year.