Three people on motorbike sidecar seriously injured after colliding with a pickup truck in Banglamung, truck driver flees

webfact

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

No it's these jerks in pickups who shouldn't be on the road

The jerks that are most likely licenced in a road legal and insured vehicle.... or the ones driving an illegal uninsured vehicle..... like the 3 wheel scoot ?

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

No it's these jerks in pickups who shouldn't be on the road

"These jerks in pickups" meaning all pickup drivers are jerks and shouldn't be on the road?   

If being a "jerk" was grounds for being banned from the roads there'd suddenly be a lot of foreigners without their own transport!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"These jerks in pickups" meaning all pickup drivers are jerks and shouldn't be on the road?   

If being a "jerk" was grounds for being banned from the roads there'd suddenly be a lot of foreigners without their own transport!

Even Stevie Wonder could see who the jerks in pickups are around here from the Pattaya News as well as everywhere else. Thai males in pickups are the problem, End of Story

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

With all the cams around areas I am surprised they think they will not be caught.

They walk into a cop shop the next and declare their car stolen. Cops can only work on that. You pays yer money you take yer chance.

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He might just mean jerks who happen to be in pick-ups. 

I find as many in BMWs and Mercs!

On 1/28/2022 at 8:44 AM, bbko said:

Maybe the government cams don't work, but I know that intersection, there's a gold shop, a money lending place, a Audi cars sales place and a  motorbike sales shop very close by, I bet those places have working cams.

When my expat friend got into a accident with his Fortuner vs pregnant lady on a motorbike, the cops had camera footage taken from a nearby bar showing my friend at fault.

A little off topic ,but i was involved in a  3 car pile up, i was in the middle,  the pickup behind me hit me so hard it pushed me into the car in front of me,  he had no insurance, i had insurance, i called them, he called the police , ......end of the story was  "my insurance," and the police  agreed with the  guy behind me that i was at fault because i had stopped to quickly, in an emergecy braking situation, maybe your friend had similar....

On 1/28/2022 at 8:33 AM, morrobay said:

Let me improve the above: I remain mystified and horrified with the number of jerks in pickups drivers here who seem to flee the scene of an accident.

Those who run away,  im sure are quite   aware  that the police  will have a hard time proving  who was driving at that time

On 1/28/2022 at 6:44 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I remain mystified and horrified with the number of drivers here who seem to flee the scene of an accident.

Not only is it lacking responsibilty, however does it also indicate no insurance, no licence?  With all the cams around areas I am surprised they think they will not be caught.

Nothing to do with the fact that he could fear being beaten to death by a mob of relatives.

5 hours ago, actonion said:

the police  agreed with the  guy behind me that i was at fault because i had stopped to quickly, in an emergecy braking situation

When the Police don't even understand the road rules, there's no hope for any of them.

Making proper insurance mandatory and punishable by law is the way forward here.

Too many of them don't have it.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:31 PM, morrobay said:

Even Stevie Wonder could see who the jerks in pickups are around here from the Pattaya News as well as everywhere else. Thai males in pickups are the problem, End of Story

Whereas drunken Farangs in Pick Ups are no problem at all, right.

1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

Whereas drunken Farangs in Pick Ups are no problem at all, right.

And the ratio of Thai to farang drivers is ?

A ridiculous statement.

Do you just post garbage to increase your post count ??

How many reports of drunken farangs have there been this month compared to Thais ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, actonion said:

the police  agreed with the  guy behind me that i was at fault because i had stopped to quickly,

No, the police decided you were responsible because you had insurance, he did not. Your ethnicity may well have played into it too, but I don't want all the negativity such claims bring about.....

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And the ratio of Thai to farang drivers is ?

A ridiculous statement.

How many reports of drunken farangs have there been this month compared to Thais ???

You just posted a ridiculous question to a ridiculous statement , good work, have another beer or 10. 55555

1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

You just posted a ridiculous question to a ridiculous statement , good work, have another beer or 10. 55555

BTW, nearly every Farang I Know , and I know a lot, who has a Motorized node of transport and drinks alcohol, drinks and drives.

But I am sure ThaiVisa members would never do such a thing.

• Like 1