Three people on motorbike sidecar seriously injured after colliding with a pickup truck in Banglamung, truck driver flees

webfact

272788738_5055892784431615_2708223371067622579_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Sophon Cable TV (STV)

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – Three people have sustained injuries after their motorbike sidecar crashed into a pickup truck, whose driver later sped away, in Banglamung January 26th.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident near the entrance of the Soi Boon Sampan Temple in Nongprue.

The first response teams arrived at the scene to find a heavily damaged motorbike sidecar lying on the road. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/27/three-people-on-motorbike-sidecar-seriously-injured-after-colliding-with-a-pickup-truck-in-banglamung-truck-driver-flees/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-28

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I remain mystified and horrified with the number of drivers here who seem to flee the scene of an accident.

Not only is it lacking responsibilty, however does it also indicate no insurance, no licence?  With all the cams around areas I am surprised they think they will not be caught.

The Cams around dont work  ........Thais  dont do maintenance

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They aren't legal to ride in, but whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand.

There was a German guy I knew here in Patts, frequently being pulled over and being told his samlor was illegal... as others rode past ..... 'not allow for falang' he was told!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I remain mystified and horrified with the number of drivers here who seem to flee the scene of an accident.

Let me improve the above: I remain mystified and horrified with the number of jerks in pickups drivers here who seem to flee the scene of an accident.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

Let me improve the above: I remain mystified and horrified with the number of jerks in pickups drivers here who seem to flee the scene of an accident.

Oh there have been reports of drivers of all types vehicles doing it, from high end saloons to motorcyles and police officers 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh there have been reports of drivers of all types vehicles doing it, from high end saloons to motorcyles and police officers 

The point you "missed " is the higher frequency of the jerks in pickups . Edit: in all kinds of accidents around here

Edited by morrobay

16 minutes ago, actonion said:

The Cams around dont work  ........Thais  dont do maintenance

Maybe the government cams don't work, but I know that intersection, there's a gold shop, a money lending place, a Audi cars sales place and a  motorbike sales shop very close by, I bet those places have working cams.

When my expat friend got into a accident with his Fortuner vs pregnant lady on a motorbike, the cops had camera footage taken from a nearby bar showing my friend at fault.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There was a German guy I knew here in Patts, frequently being pulled over and being told his samlor was illegal... as others rode past ..... 'not allow for falang' he was told!

I had a friend who was told the same towing his boat on a properly made US trailer, "you no hab work visa, only thai can tow boat. "

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bbko said:

Maybe the government cams don't work, but I know that intersection, there's a gold shop, a money lending place, a Audi cars sales place and a  motorbike sales shop very close by, I bet those places have working cams.

When my expat friend got into a accident with his Fortuner vs pregnant lady on a motorbike, the cops had camera footage taken from a nearby bar showing my friend at fault.

And if he hadn't been at fault " camera no work"

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They aren't legal to ride in, but whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand.

Not legal should not be on the road... End Off.

My brother-in-law has one. He's a policeman. Says it all, really.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I had a friend who was told the same towing his boat on a properly made US trailer, "you no hab work visa, only thai can tow boat. "

Need to upgrade driver to include towing endorsment.

I had to do it to tow my jetski.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

The point you "missed " is the higher frequency of the jerks in pickups . Edit: in all kinds of accidents around here

Simple reason for that is there are more pick-ups on Thai roads than any other type of vehicle apart from motorcycles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

so the pickup driver has no license and was drunk possibly thereby flee's.

the motorbike side car is technically illegal so should not have even been on the road. 

ok then .....   no one's fault.  

case closed. 

didn't it say the bike hit the pickup..how can you blame the driver.....seems both parties at fault..

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The other side of the Coin was demonstrated quite a few Years ago now.

A Driver actual did stop.

He got out of his vehicle, and looked at the victim lying in the Street.

He returned to his vehicle, assessed that the victim was seriously injured, and then proceeded to run back and forth over the victim several times.

When arrested and asked why he did this his reply was 

" I would rather pay for this only once, and not for the rest of my life by paying the Medical Bills."

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The other side of the Coin was demonstrated quite a few Years ago now.

A Driver actual did stop.

He got out of his vehicle, and looked at the victim lying in the Street.

He returned to his vehicle, assessed that the victim was seriously injured, and then proceeded to run back and forth over the victim several times.

When arrested and asked why he did this his reply was 

" I would rather pay for this only once, and not for the rest of my life by paying the Medical Bills."

Somewhat lacking compassion and empathy for his victim