Cop who killed doctor at zebra crossing was clocked at 108-128 kmph as he overtook van on "Ducati Monster"

webfact

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

A published Ducati monster bike prices put that bike cost at around the 450,000 baht, yes, 450K, that cop must be doing very well for himself to afford such bike unless he's supplementing his salary with other activities...

That's nothing 450,000. I see Thai guys sporting Harley's at the refinery near by. Payment baby.

• Like 1

If he was driving a Fortuner, costing 1.8 Million Baht - would people still be questioning Police salaries - and how could he possibly afford that?

He has done the wrong thing - but don’t tar and feather him for his choice of conveyance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

the price he paid for it has been published and confirmed a number of times as being about 75% less than B450k.

Can you show me where you can get a Ducati Monster for 112,000thb please? I will buy one immediately.

Thanks in advance.

No, problem, if you had been quicker, you could have bought the one that's being discussed here for B113k.  I'd help you out with the B1,000 difference.

Here's one...

https://www.motors.co.th/en/bikes/details/DUCATI-Monster-400-2014-1548647283

You'd have to pay a couple of bob extra for this one but I'm sure you could cope with that..

https://www.motors.co.th/en/bikes/details/DUCATI-Monster-795-2014-1642686665

Here's another one, from this very thread!...

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 11.13.47.png

Edited by Liverpool Lou

11 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Why is a simple pedestrian crossing allowed in an 80KPH zone?  THAT IS A BIG PROBLEM.

They have them here on 90kph road with NO WARNING signs there is one there at all. Just unbelievable the attitude toward road safety, driver training and enforcement of same.

That particular one is on a 4 lane highway, with central reservation but NO path or paved area on that central reservation either! Its just grass and bushes, not even a dropped curb.

15 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I was also not aware, that the police force pays such juicy salaries so that the cops can arrive on fire-red Ducati's. 

What a farçe; I - for one - would start combing through all those temples in the Land, quite some surprised there possibly? 

He paid B113k for it, used, not that much and possibly financed like most vehicles in Thailand.   How is the "fire-red" [sic] colour of any relevance?

"What a farce..."

Indeed.  Why would you, "for one", start combing through all the temples in Thailand for a man who is no longer ordained?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, mancub said:
22 hours ago, khunPer said:

In another news story if was said that he had bought the bike secondhand.

Is that the same one that claimed he hadn't yet changed the ownership which is why it was allegedly un-licensed ?

Yes, it is, and that's one of the seven or eight (?) offences with which he's been charged!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 minutes ago, Nino3 said:
20 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Can you show me where you can get a Ducati Monster for 112,000thb please? I will buy one immediately.

Thanks in advance.

I'll buy two.

You're in luck, there's a few in that sort of average price range available.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

20 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
On 1/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

the price he paid for it has been published and confirmed a number of times as being about 75% less than B450k.

Thanks in advance.

Really....  You are unable to run a basic search ???

It takes 1 min on FB marketplace to find loads...

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 12.14.52.png

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 12.15.05.png

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 12.15.26.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, problem, if you had been quicker, you could have bought the one that's being discussed here for B113k.  I'd help you out with the B1,000 difference.

Here's one...

https://www.motors.co.th/en/bikes/details/DUCATI-Monster-400-2014-1548647283

You'd have to pay a couple of bob extra for this one but I'm sure you could cope with that..

https://www.motors.co.th/en/bikes/details/DUCATI-Monster-795-2014-1642686665

Here's another one, from this very thread!...

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 11.13.47.png

I was being facetious, I would buy a new Streetfighter if I really wanted an Italian bike. 

One of my employees has pretty much the same bike as in the photo, even the same Termignoni exhaust system.

I'm more of a British modern classic / retro guy myself, Triumph, RE, Norton etc.

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He paid B113k for it, used, not that much and possibly financed like most vehicles in Thailand.   How is the "fire-red" [sic] colour of any relevance?

"What a farce..."

Indeed.  Why would you, "for one", start combing through all the temples in Thailand for a man who is no longer ordained?

Good on you to keep checks and balances of financed bikes. Some others, doing like you, referred to 450K and was published like that in the written media. 

For those in the know - Red is the colour of Ducati (and Ferrari as well, unless you're the grandson of the Red Bull icon). 

Combing through temples would, I guarantee you, turn up quite some surprises. While this pristine example of citizen good booted out before booted in, there must be many others who sneaked into orange robes as their "case" was not publicly steamrollered by social media as this particular case. 

• Haha 1