Zebras, carnage, marijuana and murder - but don’t rush to interpret Thai news!

webfact

unfortunately Thailand missed the party and was never considered a hep place, while the rest of the world was revolutionized during the 60's, heck they don't even dance here.  unless you consider certain other attractions, Thailand will never be cool.  my friends go to Ibiza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

I am actually banned from most of the Middle East - due to religious opinions and other matters - which suits me just fine. 

Well, that's interesting. Hopefully not involved in criminal matters??

Tell us, why you are banned!

????

If I want to see anything on road safety in Thailand, I find putting in the search word "carnage" is the most successful

Sadly this shows how far the media are from understanding the issues of road safety in Thailand. The media is part of the problem.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thunglom said:

If I want to see anything on road safety in Thailand, I find putting in the search word "carnage" is the most successful

Sadly this shows how far the media are from understanding the issues of road safety in Thailand. The media is part of the problem.

Why?

In international news while Europe teetered on the brink of war in the Ukraine, the rain was continuing to pour on Boris’ in the UK. 

PM Boris reminds me of Waldo in the UK's Black Mirror 'Waldo Moment'. While the fictional Waldo did not get elected, Boris did. 

Hopefully Boris doesn't suffer the fate of the British PM in the very first episode of Black Mirror ('.The National Anthem').

29 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Why?

Because they don't understand road safety and just rely on cliche'd headlines to attract other people who don't understand.

If they want to help, they should be passing information on that helps people to understand the issues facing Thailand in road safety.

Edited and Re Posted - Well I do think that the good Old MJ should be legal also !!! But well, Like, Alcohol, should not be underestimated mated in it's chronic debilitating effect, if it IS abused also !!! and apparently the new Hybrid strains are much better, and more powerful that we ever used to be able to get when we were young !!! … (and had 5 K jammed dup our Chimney on occasions !!! ???) ... 

I have worked on Building sites where three quarters of the crew were pretty much totally stoned after Lunch !!! Like I was the Young, ... boss so did not eat with them, but I did know what was going on, I just turned a blind eye .... like when the Front End Loader driver was fully stoned, as he jiggled the Bucket, above the laborers heads, as he dropped the screenings in to the trench, ... to lay the sewer line on !!! ... Like talk about trust ??? ... or was it just plane stupidity ??? ...

... If I was the Forman again now I would never stand for it, but well back then I was young ...

Still, eventually .... (Steptoe) ... In a rush to get off and down the Pub !!! …. I eventually slid the Van, with the whole crew in it, sideways down an embankment and got it jammed in between the Rock breaker and the batter !!! ... and then to add insult to Injury !!! … as the Rock breaker operator had hearing protectors on … and could not see us at the back, and he slew the machine around for the next rock, … and the heavy counter weight, back section of it crushed in the whole of the Left side of the van in and tipped it over on to two wheels !!! .... Lucky they were all stoned right !!! ... As I got out and ran Down the batter … Arms waving … ... Shouting “Stop Stop !!! You’re <Deleted> ing my car up” !!!!

(Lost that job right there and then, needless to say !!! ... Dropped what was left of the van back at the yard, and went home. )

Not to mention when drill 2 dropped 2 rods down the hole, and lost them ! ? … and then the Drills Forman drove the rubber tire over a cliffs … after jumping off of course .. ... and Truck 35 going down the load out backwards ... and I saw the young drivers eyes after, .... looking like two red <deleted> Holes in the snow !!! ... They possibly breathalyzes him, and he would have passed naturally (All of them would have !!!)  ... They did not have the Lick the stick back then !!! ...

Yes have you ever been driving down the freeway at 90 and the driver starts to get twitchy, and pulled a little pipe out of the glove box, and pulls two cones as he continues on at 90 with one hand !!! ... Like Marijuana CAN ruin men’s Lives !!! AND HUMANS EXISTENCE !!! ... Just the same as Alcohol !!!  … If it becomes the only thing in their Poor wasted Lives !!! ...

… So yes Legalize it !!! But make sure that all the cops have the lick the stick test kits first !!! … Like in Australia, that Does !!! seem to be having Some, effect ? … in keeping the roads a Bit,, Safer at least !!

Ps … Back in the Kingdom now !!! 20 People on a 300 seat aircraft from Singapore !!!!! … and apparently they  are flying all over the world empty, as the Airlines want to keep their slots in all the major airports … What a Tragedy !!! Like this has just GOT TO END !!!

… I am the only one that I know who was a former long stayer here who has made it back … that I know ??? … so well that ever they say on how Crazy I am … I CAN get things done right !!! … Like a full degree in Social behavior skills, 6 months of counseling, … and a full computer science degree needed to even have a hope of getting back here the way things are just now !!!

… And well after hearing about the poor guy that uses a lot of exclamation Marks !!!  when describing getting attacked after drinking for 2 days straight, … as he used a lot of them in his go fund me apparently so you say Roster ??? … So, Maybe time for me to stop !!!

Mark mark !!! Home again !!!! HOME !!! … And feeling great again !!! for the first time in nearly 2 years !!! <Deleted> what a <deleted> of a virus this whole thing has been !!!  ... and well, bad management, corruption, and dictatorial opportunities abounding now !!! …

The stupidity just has to stop !!!  ... We have to open normal things up (Keep Night clubs close !!! Like why not !!! they are just a disaster waiting to happen just now any way) … but open ALL people work places, and the schools. And everywhere !!! ... Let people return to their Families before they lose it totally !!! ..... Vaccinate every one !!! ... Vaccinate every one !!! !!!  (We ALL just want to be able to live Normally again !!!) .... Send the Anti Vackseers to the south Pole, for their own safety ….... and well start really REALLY seriously looking after the Ole people or anyone else with preexisting conditions !!! …

And I do not think that they will be able to control Omicron, like I think that No one anywhere else, can just now either ??? It just comes on so fast, and then goes in 2 days I think … so young and healthy people do not even realize that they have got it !!! … But well if you are Old, or have Pre-existing problems !!! Well you better have been vaccinated is all that I can say, and possibly within 5 Months ??? …. As, as mild as it is ??? It Probably will just Hammer anyone who is old, or with Pre Existing weaknesses !!!... and Fast !!! … Get Vaccinated !!!  Like just about everyone I know around here near Ayutthaya is !!!

… (And they should have let “NoVax” Play !!! (Or “Go Home” Jokavich, as they started calling him in Australia) … Just fined him a lot ! and given it to homeless services, … and then filmed them washing all of the Eggs off his car, every Mourning, and evening after the matches !!! Har Har !!! Right !!! … Like how could we throw Eggs at him !!! … When he is back in good Old Serbia !!! ??? … Right !!! ??? (And another win for Scomo and the selfish Vote buyers and Loony’s !!!) …

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

"Maybe he’ll write a touching song about it with catchy lyrics and call it “Bye, Bye Corona, Bye, Bye” and get Prawit to link arms and lead the chorus."

I honestly can not think of a more vomit inducing "footline" to finish off your column this week - you should have omitted the bit about the fat lady singing, and let people's imagionation run riot with that motley crew basking in the "footlights"!

55 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Edited and Re Posted - Well I do think that the good Old MJ should be legal also !!! But well, Like, Alcohol, should not be underestimated mated in it's chronic debilitating effect, if it IS abused also !!! and apparently the new Hybrid strains are much better, and more powerful that we ever used to be able to get when we were young !!! … (and had 5 K jammed dup our Chimney on occasions !!! ???) ... 

I have worked on Building sites where three quarters of the crew were pretty much totally stoned after Lunch !!! Like I was the Young, ... boss so did not eat with them, but I did know what was going on, I just turned a blind eye .... like when the Front End Loader driver was fully stoned, as he jiggled the Bucket, above the laborers heads, as he dropped the screenings in to the trench, ... to lay the sewer line on !!! ... Like talk about trust ??? ... or was it just plane stupidity ??? ...

... If I was the Forman again now I would never stand for it, but well back then I was young ...

Still, eventually .... (Steptoe) ... In a rush to get off and down the Pub !!! …. I eventually slid the Van, with the whole crew in it, sideways down an embankment and got it jammed in between the Rock breaker and the batter !!! ... and then to add insult to Injury !!! … as the Rock breaker operator had hearing protectors on … and could not see us at the back, and he slew the machine around for the next rock, … and the heavy counter weight, back section of it crushed in the whole of the Left side of the van in and tipped it over on to two wheels !!! .... Lucky they were all stoned right !!! ... As I got out and ran Down the batter … Arms waving … ... Shouting “Stop Stop !!! You’re <Deleted> ing my car up” !!!!

(Lost that job right there and then, needless to say !!! ... Dropped what was left of the van back at the yard, and went home. )

Not to mention when drill 2 dropped 2 rods down the hole, and lost them ! ? … and then the Drills Forman drove the rubber tire over a cliffs … after jumping off of course .. ... and Truck 35 going down the load out backwards ... and I saw the young drivers eyes after, .... looking like two red <deleted> Holes in the snow !!! ... They possibly breathalyzes him, and he would have passed naturally (All of them would have !!!)  ... They did not have the Lick the stick back then !!! ...

Yes have you ever been driving down the freeway at 90 and the driver starts to get twitchy, and pulled a little pipe out of the glove box, and pulls two cones as he continues on at 90 with one hand !!! ... Like Marijuana CAN ruin men’s Lives !!! AND HUMANS EXISTENCE !!! ... Just the same as Alcohol !!!  … If it becomes the only thing in their Poor wasted Lives !!! ...

… So yes Legalize it !!! But make sure that all the cops have the lick the stick test kits first !!! … Like in Australia, that Does !!! seem to be having Some, effect ? … in keeping the roads a Bit,, Safer at least !!

Ps … Back in the Kingdom now !!! 20 People on a 300 seat aircraft from Singapore !!!!! … and apparently they  are flying all over the world empty, as the Airlines want to keep their slots in all the major airports … What a Tragedy !!! Like this has just GOT TO END !!!

… I am the only one that I know who was a former long stayer here who has made it back … that I know ??? … so well that ever they say on how Crazy I am … I CAN get things done right !!! … Like a full degree in Social behavior skills, 6 months of counseling, … and a full computer science degree needed to even have a hope of getting back here the way things are just now !!!

… And well after hearing about the poor guy that uses a lot of exclamation Marks !!!  when describing getting attacked after drinking for 2 days straight, … as he used a lot of them in his go fund me apparently so you say Roster ??? … So, Maybe time for me to stop !!!

Mark mark !!! Home again !!!! HOME !!! … And feeling great again !!! for the first time in nearly 2 years !!! <Deleted> what a <deleted> of a virus this whole thing has been !!!  ... and well, bad management, corruption, and dictatorial opportunities abounding now !!! …

The stupidity just has to stop !!!  ... We have to open normal things up (Keep Night clubs close !!! Like why not !!! they are just a disaster waiting to happen just now any way) … but open ALL people work places, and the schools. And everywhere !!! ... Let people return to their Families before they lose it totally !!! ..... Vaccinate every one !!! ... Vaccinate every one !!! !!!  (We ALL just want to be able to live Normally again !!!) .... Send the Anti Vackseers to the south Pole, for their own safety ….... and well start really REALLY seriously looking after the Ole people or anyone else with preexisting conditions !!! …

And I do not think that they will be able to control Omicron, like I think that No one anywhere else, can just now either ??? It just comes on so fast, and then goes in 2 days I think … so young and healthy people do not even realize that they have got it !!! … But well if you are Old, or have Pre-existing problems !!! Well you better have been vaccinated is all that I can say, and possibly within 5 Months ??? …. As, as mild as it is ??? It Probably will just Hammer anyone who is old, or with Pre Existing weaknesses !!!... and Fast !!! … Get Vaccinated !!!  Like just about everyone I know around here near Ayutthaya is !!!

… (And they should have let “NoVax” Play !!! (Or “Go Home” Jokavich, as they started calling him in Australia) … Just fined him a lot ! and given it to homeless services, … and then filmed them washing all of the Eggs off his car, every Mourning, and evening after the matches !!! Har Har !!! Right !!! … Like how could we throw Eggs at him !!! … When he is back in good Old Serbia !!! ??? … Right !!! ??? (And another win for Scomo and the selfish Vote buyers and Loony’s !!!) …

Phew! I think I know what you've been smoking! Probably every "Mourning"!

• Haha 1

Just now, Mark mark said:

No !!! .... Not for Years !!!!

Then your literary effort means that you have seriously "underestimated mated" the long term effects of good ol' Mary Jane!

Or do upper or lower case letters mean not a jot to you? ????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

I can relate to working with stoners everyday cause I was one of them. Funny thing is we had no bad accidents. Back then we were working members of society, getting high didn't destroy us, just made the day a bit brighter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sambum said:

Then your literary effort means that you have seriously "underestimated mated" the long term effects of good ol' Mary Jane!

Or do upper or lower case letters mean not a jot to you? ????

.... I have a technical Education (And it has done me well) ....  and not (A Less useful ?) one in Arts. ... So well, the Honest Answer ... Well, yes ... No ! ... Not a Jot. ... ???? ...

Yes, ... MJ has long term effects though !!! I am sure !!! ... and so does Valium, Alcohol, Meths E.T.C. ....

.... I have a technical Education (And it has done me well) ....  and not (A Less useful ?) one in Arts. ... So well, the Honest Answer ... Well, yes ... Not a Jot. ...  ...

yes, ... MJ has long term effects though !!! I am sure !!! ... and so does Valium, Alcohol, Meths E.T.C. .... And 2 years on Malaprim, or Doxi Cyclin, to keep yourself alive (From cerebral Malaria) while working in Africa  .... not to mention the chemicals, a LOT of practical jobs, used to have us breathing, and well the continual engine oil rock cover breather and exhaust fumes from the ships engines ... etce ! ??  .... And then there is Bloody Insurance and Visas !!! ...   All un seen and Un considered problems ....

.... As well as being stuck in a repressive Society .. or just a <deleted>ty place ....

... But well, just back now, ...  and am not interesting in starting something, as it was not in the Plan. ...

... Have a nice day. and over and out from me. ... Take care of yourself also .... and as my Good uncle a chief Engineer from a BHP ship, (Died early of Emphysema, - as many of the Old engineers did ... ) said to me "Keep a Good Watch" ! .... And could have probably meant the Air, ... as well as the Shift he lead, ... ... and on the other Sailors as well !!! right !!! ???? ... Have a nice day. ...

46 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I can relate to working with stoners everyday cause I was one of them. Funny thing is we had no bad accidents. Back then we were working members of society, getting high didn't destroy us, just made the day a bit brighter.

.... Yes I must say that all of my Stories, ... I just Find Humorous !!! and Yes !!! Thanks ... Mostly Kind, and pretty Incent people stoners, and Ok to be around also .... Alcohol and Alcoholics !!! On the other Hand !!! ...  and I can say that from several Years of well, experience and pretty bad failure, ...  after I was forced in to retirement when I was about 59. ... (Still you are NOT going to get any where unless you lean from your mistakes ! ? Right ???) .... Yes thanks for that !!! Yes it was Funny .. and amazingly the Killer accidents ??? I thought seemed to be associated with Alcohol !!! ... And Not Grass. .... Thanks. (You were not working for Lorenzin Construction were you ??? Har Har ???) 

Maybe I will just cut the Chase, and say "Yes quite Obviously it should be legalized" and across the Board for adults ! ... But well, let’s get Plod, … The Cops, … fully equipped with the usual Lick the Stick road, and other potential in Conflict, test kits first … So we do not just get another whole load of, So called Un-explained silly but tragic ??? Road accidents, / Incidents  …  when they were Stoned … and Not drunk, ... So will still pass the Breathalyzer. ...

... Like I know a LOT of Stoners ? … Well One ... but only one ... well two ? .... ...( But well, one is enough !!!) …. but he IS a very considerate person ... in the afternoon if he smokes, … then he does not drive, like he does not go out until the next day !!! ... Like phone and ask to meet him, and he just says NO, I cannot go out now, …until tomorrow !!!  … Like he is still marginal on the lick the stock test even then, like they CAN see it !!! ...  But not much apparently, still the next day …... So the cops let him off, .. (So far. any way  ….) … as he IS totally OK rationally, AND obviously very socially Responsible person and fully capable driver.

… So Having reasonable Cops, but with the Ability to test Drivers, for Marijuana, IS a pretty good Idea I think !!!   Just like Alcohol !!! .. ... And then well ... Then Let’s just let it rip !!!

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

.... I have a technical Education (And it has done me well) ....  and not (A Less useful ?) one in Arts. ... So well, the Honest Answer ... Well, yes ... No ! ... Not a Jot. ... ???? ...

Yes, ... MJ has long term effects though !!! I am sure !!! ... and so does Valium, Alcohol, Meths E.T.C. ....

.... I have a technical Education (And it has done me well) ....  and not (A Less useful ?) one in Arts. ... So well, the Honest Answer ... Well, yes ... Not a Jot. ...  ...

yes, ... MJ has long term effects though !!! I am sure !!! ... and so does Valium, Alcohol, Meths E.T.C. .... And 2 years on Malaprim, or Doxi Cyclin, to keep yourself alive (From cerebral Malaria) while working in Africa  .... not to mention the chemicals, a LOT of practical jobs, used to have us breathing, and well the continual engine oil rock cover breather and exhaust fumes from the ships engines ... etce ! ??  .... And then there is Bloody Insurance and Visas !!! ...   All un seen and Un considered problems ....

.... As well as being stuck in a repressive Society .. or just a <deleted>ty place ....

... But well, just back now, ...  and am not interesting in starting something, as it was not in the Plan. ...

... Have a nice day. and over and out from me. ... Take care of yourself also .... and as my Good uncle a chief Engineer from a BHP ship, (Died early of Emphysema, - as many of the Old engineers did ... ) said to me "Keep a Good Watch" ! .... And could have probably meant the Air, ... as well as the Shift he lead, ... ... and on the other Sailors as well !!! right !!! ???? ... Have a nice day. ...

???? He he! And U2! I wish I could say you have brightened my horizons, but with all the smoke I am afraid you have clouded them!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Because they don't understand road safety and just rely on cliche'd headlines to attract other people who don't understand.

If they want to help, they should be passing information on that helps people to understand the issues facing Thailand in road safety.

the media in Thailand doesn't understand its power. reporters don't ask questions, don't hold politicians accountable, they just write down what the idiot says, print it and collect the paycheck

18 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

the media in Thailand doesn't understand its power. reporters don't ask questions, don't hold politicians accountable, they just write down what the idiot says, print it and collect the paycheck

Towing the line is how you keep your license to operate...worldwide