[Question] Latest procedure (Feb 2022) for Thai citizen re-entry?

drmal

Good day to all. My first post here.

I would like to request for information for my Thai wife who is currently with me in Malaysia. She received news that her grandfather had a fall and had intra-cranial bleed and that his condition is not good. If she need to enter Thailand, does she still need to book 1st and 5th night at a hotel, even though her home is in Bangkok? Does this mean she need to book hotel on Day 1, then free to go back, and then book another night on Day 5 and stay in hotel for that night? I find this completely .....nonsensical.

She already completed 3 doses of Pfizer vaccines, the 3rd dose being the booster , over here in Malaysia.

I find the 1st and 5th night hotel booking is unnecessarily complicated and not sure how helpful or useful such booking will be.

Thank you for any information.

Edited by drmal

Yes, those are the requirements, regardless of how nonsensical they are. You have to stay in a hotel on Days 1 & 5 while you get a PCR test. My husband is fully vaccinated, but when he gets back to Bangkok, he will quarantine in a hotel that's a 10 minute walk from our house. His flight gets in very early, so he will probably get his test results back in the afternoon. In that case, he'll be able to come straight home and won't even have to stay the night. Then he's free to go where he wants until Day 5, when he'll have to walk back to the hotel and hang out there until his next test results come back. Apparently this keeps us all safe. ????

Also, you are supposed to allow at least 7 working days to receive the Thai Pass, and you can't apply until Feb 1st. When I applied for one in a previous variation (one night Test & Go), it took 2 weeks for my Thai Pass to come through, but sometimes they are processed automatically and come through almost immediately.