Cheap private hospitals in BKK for prescriptions

cyril sneer

Go to a public one around victory monument, usually plenty of english speaking around that area too. Otherwise it always cost you more than needed, easily a few thousand just for consult nonsense.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Not clear in my reading what you want.  If you buy over the counter why are you asking to buy from a private hospital at much higher price?  If you want a medical certificate written to indicate you take these medications doctor can do that and you can buy anywhere.  But if medications are cheap as indicated perhaps you just want one stop shopping?  But cheap is often the medications with highest markup from hospitals.  Sorry can not be of more help but from my hospital normal markup is about 150 percent but for cheap meds can be much higher.  As this will not be a prescription type script not sure how UK would take it.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not clear in my reading what you want.  If you buy over the counter why are you asking to buy from a private hospital at much higher price?  If you want a medical certificate written to indicate you take these medications doctor can do that and you can buy anywhere.  But if medications are cheap as indicated perhaps you just want one stop shopping?  But cheap is often the medications with highest markup from hospitals.  Sorry can not be of more help but from my hospital normal markup is about 150 percent but for cheap meds can be much higher.  As this will not be a prescription type script not sure how UK would take it.

it's 2 medicines which are controlled in the UK (Gabapentin and Tramadol), so potentially have problems bringing them home with no thai prescription 

asking for private as i'm prepared to pay more for less waiting time

normally use a private hospital in Surin where the mark up isn't high at all

You should not have to purchase the drugs, just get a medical certificate stating they are prescribed.

Your challenge may be finding a doctor who will do that as they might nto concur with the treatment or want to do some tests etc first.

Among orivate hospitals in Bangkok, those with comparatively lower consultation fees are:

St Louis Hospital on Sathorn

Camillion Hosp on Thonglor

Bangkok Christian Hospital on Silom

• Thanks 1