Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

Scott

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oddly you fail to mention anti vaccine propaganda, misinformation and lies.

Well, this is one of the mainstays of the anti-vaxxer/covid deniers.  They have their own take on Goldilocks,  'This article is too old', 'This article isn't peer reviewed', 'That was from the MSM,' etc.   The porridge is never quite right.   And it's always our fault.   

I made the mistake of actually viewing one of those videos that got posted and then deleted.  It was one of the anti-vaxxer 'experts'.  He went on and on about how horrible and dangerous the vaccines are and how they will effect people, but offered not one iota of information to back up his assertions.  He only said "I am a doctor and a scientist."  That rings about as hollow as telling a young boy, "I am a priest, you can trust me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Credo said:

Well, this is one of the mainstays of the anti-vaxxer/covid deniers.  They have their own take on Goldilocks,  'This article is too old', 'This article isn't peer reviewed', 'That was from the MSM,' etc.   The porridge is never quite right.   And it's always our fault.   

I made the mistake of actually viewing one of those videos that got posted and then deleted.  It was one of the anti-vaxxer 'experts'.  He went on and on about how horrible and dangerous the vaccines are and how they will effect people, but offered not one iota of information to back up his assertions.  He only said "I am a doctor and a scientist."  That rings about as hollow as telling a young boy, "I am a priest, you can trust me."

Don’t worry, Darwin’s got this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

You just don't get it, do you?  The whole point, for many, of not getting vaccinated, is not to yield to the fear but to choose to rely on the robustness of their own biology and lifestyle. The division emerging is that of Natural Man versus artificial humanoids. The latter no doubt have a better chance of living longer - congratulations on growing a bit older and more wrinkled! It's a Pyrrhic victory as their life is no longer their own but in fealty to pharmaceutical technology. The more you whine and shriek about me not getting vaccinated, the more I'm not going to - precisely because of your whining and shrieking, because I refuse to be running scared like you. Let that sink in. And if I die tomorrow of this wretched virus - bring it on - the weaklings have made the world unlivable anyway and I've had enough of them.

I get it, seriously.  But what you say is what's causing the problems.  And is being fueled by misinformation on social media.

Yield to fear?  Come on.  Worst pandemic in 100 years and millions are now dead.  Millions more hospitalized, some with lasting consequences.

It's been proven your own biology and lifestyle won't cut it. 

You're just being stubborn and ignoring the science.  Sad you'll allow those around you to be at risk, and perhaps worse, have to mourn your death just because you're stubborn.  Incredible.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

You just don't get it, do you?  The whole point, for many, of not getting vaccinated, is not to yield to the fear but to choose to rely on the robustness of their own biology and lifestyle. The division emerging is that of Natural Man versus artificial humanoids. The latter no doubt have a better chance of living longer - congratulations on growing a bit older and more wrinkled! It's a Pyrrhic victory as their life is no longer their own but in fealty to pharmaceutical technology. The more you whine and shriek about me not getting vaccinated, the more I'm not going to - precisely because of your whining and shrieking, because I refuse to be running scared like you. Let that sink in. And if I die tomorrow of this wretched virus - bring it on - the weaklings have made the world unlivable anyway and I've had enough of them.

Here's another good reason to get vaccinated.  Help keep those around you from getting sick.  Very selfish not to vaccinate now.  Very.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-subvariant-ba2-more-infectious-than-original-danish-study-finds-2022-01-31/

Omicron subvariant BA.2 more infectious than 'original', Danish study finds

The study, which analysed coronavirus infections in more than 8,500 Danish households between December and January, found that people infected with the BA.2 subvariant were roughly 33% more likely to infect others, compared to those infected with BA.1.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The virus is waging a war against the unvaccinated- and is winning.

How is the virus "winning" against those who are at extremely low risk of serious illness or death (e.g. because of age, physical health, previous Covid infection)?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

How is the virus "winning" against those who are at extremely low risk of serious illness or death (e.g. because of age, physical health, previous Covid infection)?

Because it's killing a lot of people who think they have a healthy immune system. 

If you have any doubts, check out the Herman Cain Awards. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Ummm...you've not read the news that the vast majority in the hospitals are unvaccinated?  From 6 months old to very old.  Covid may not kill younger people as much, but it still does.  And sometimes, leaves them with lasting effects.

Not to mention all those getting sick is causing massive logistics problems.  No pilots, no truck drivers, no workers in grocery stores.  Yes, the virus is winning against those who are unvaccinated.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Let's get this perfectly clear. The stats provided in that sample showed that 99% of those who died were unvaccinated. That percentage will NEVER change. If more people get vaccinated the total numbers of people dying will reduce but whatever the number of people dying, 99% will be unvaccinated.

And here we have the proof that the 99% figure does not stay constant, but rather changes as more and more people get vaccinated.

https://data.cdc.gov/Public-Health-Surveillance/Rates-of-COVID-19-Cases-or-Deaths-by-Age-Group-and/d6p8-wqjm

In summary let's look at the first and last week available:

In first week of September 2021 (7793 deaths):

Fully vaccinated with booster deaths: 11 (0.1%)

Fully vaccinated deaths: 1437 (18.4%)

Unvaccinated deaths: 6,345 (81.4%)

In first week of December 2021 (2912 deaths):

Fully vaccinated with booster deaths: 61 (2.1%)

Fully vaccinated deaths: 621 (21.3%)

Unvaccinated deaths: 2,230 (76.6%)

And for those who do not understand basic statistics, and think this means:

15 hours ago, ozimoron said:

you wish to at least imply that a vaccinations increase the likelihood of a person dying from covid

I refer to my first post:

21 hours ago, marcardar said:

The important statistic is not the vac. vs. unvac. proportion of those in critical care (or deaths), but what your chances are when vac. vs. unvac. Bottom line, you're at least 10 times better off vaccinated than unvaccinated.

The data is correct and follows what we would expect. The reason for explaining this is to counter those that think a rising percentage of vaccinated deaths implies vaccines don't work, or are getting less effective. No, it implies nothing of the sort. It is explained by the fact that more and more people are being vaccinated and so there are less unvaccinated people that can die.

Edited by marcardar

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Interesting graphic here on the effectiveness of boosters to reduce hospitalizations in the UK, tweeted by a Senior epidemiologist at UKHSA.

"Great thread combining international data (including our VE estimates) to illustrate the importance of boosters to prevent severe disease. This graph is the stand-out for me. Without boosters, the number of patients hospitalised this winter would have exceeded last year's peak."

FKa0dV6X0AMAzD3.jpg.992aba778683d660afef534f2c4ae78c.jpg

https://twitter.com/freja_kirsebom/status/1488099972935528450

Denmark are one of the countries that had most boosters per million, but we have more registered at hospitals now than we had a year ago.

So seems like boosters didn't work, which is not correct when you dive into the data.

Denmark started to release weekly data that shows how many are admitted for omicron as main reason and how many are in with omicron but admitted for something else where omicron are not the main issue.

Yesterday we had approx 1000 in hospitals registered with covid.

A large portion of those registered 1000 persons at hospitals with omicron are people admitted in psyc wards approx 20%.

The remaining 800 then have estimated 30-40 % which are admitted for something else but registered as COVID patient so in reality we only have approx 500 admitted directly linked to omicron.

Yesterday we only had 28 in ICU.

i assume UK can shave off some numbers as well if they dig into the data.

So boosters and omicron are a good combo.

We stopped all restrictions yesterday in Denmark and are back to normal even if we still have huge number of positives each day.

Simply because the health care system are not overburdened and omicron can't be labeled as a critical threat for society anymore.

We do have other issues though.

Lack of staff due to so many people getting COVID each day so they have to isolate.

I think that problem is solved in a matter of weeks when we start seeing numbers decrease.

We had so many infected the last two months that the virus should start having trouble finding new people to infect due to a combo of high amountt of boosted people and natural infections.

Sort of combined herd immunity.

I'm curious to see what happens later this year 

Delta are practically gone in Denmark.

So what happens later this year if tourists arrive positive from countries that still have delta, because they tried to keep omicron away, which give delta a good chance of surviving.

Will that fuel another round of delta, if we managed to lower the amount of daily omicron cases to a minimum.

If that's possible some countries should start embracing omicron to get rid of Delta.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Interesting graphic here on the effectiveness of boosters to reduce hospitalizations in the UK, tweeted by a Senior epidemiologist at UKHSA.

"Great thread combining international data (including our VE estimates) to illustrate the importance of boosters to prevent severe disease. This graph is the stand-out for me. Without boosters, the number of patients hospitalised this winter would have exceeded last year's peak."

FKa0dV6X0AMAzD3.jpg.992aba778683d660afef534f2c4ae78c.jpg

https://twitter.com/freja_kirsebom/status/1488099972935528450

Here's similar up to date statistics from the US on hospitalizations of vaccinated + booster and unvaccinated.

Reduction of hospitalizations for vaccination and a booster vs unvaccinated, US data sources, vs Delta and Omicron

Age 65+ 98%

Age 50-64 97%

All ages,18+ 96%

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covid-net/purpose-methods.html

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7105e1.htm?s_cid=mm7105e1_w

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Virt said:

Denmark are one of the countries that had most boosters per million, but we have more registered at hospitals now than we had a year ago.

So seems like boosters didn't work, which is not correct when you dive into the data.

Denmark started to release weekly data that shows how many are admitted for omicron as main reason and how many are in with omicron but admitted for something else where omicron are not the main issue.

Yesterday we had approx 1000 in hospitals registered with covid.

A large portion of those registered 1000 persons at hospitals with omicron are people admitted in psyc wards approx 20%.

The remaining 800 then have estimated 30-40 % which are admitted for something else but registered as COVID patient so in reality we only have approx 500 admitted directly linked to omicron.

Yesterday we only had 28 in ICU.

i assume UK can shave off some numbers as well if they dig into the data.

So boosters and omicron are a good combo.

We stopped all restrictions yesterday in Denmark and are back to normal even if we still have huge number of positives each day.

Simply because the health care system are not overburdened and omicron can't be labeled as a critical threat for society anymore.

We do have other issues though.

Lack of staff due to so many people getting COVID each day so they have to isolate.

I think that problem is solved in a matter of weeks when we start seeing numbers decrease.

We had so many infected the last two months that the virus should start having trouble finding new people to infect due to a combo of high amountt of boosted people and natural infections.

Sort of combined herd immunity.

I'm curious to see what happens later this year 

Delta are practically gone in Denmark.

So what happens later this year if tourists arrive positive from countries that still have delta, because they tried to keep omicron away, which give delta a good chance of surviving.

Will that fuel another round of delta, if we managed to lower the amount of daily omicron cases to a minimum.

If that's possible some countries should start embracing omicron to get rid of Delta.

Excellent info!  One worry is this new variant.  Seems it will reinfect very easily.  I'm getting tired of all this! LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Excellent info!  One worry is this new variant.  Seems it will reinfect very easily.  I'm getting tired of all this! LOL

BA.2 has been dominant in Denmark for a while.

Seems like it's a bit more transmissible, but nothing so serious that it prevented us from dropping all restrictions.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Link to an article that mentioned a danish study for BA.2

Has not yet been peer reviewed.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-subvariant-ba2-more-infectious-than-original-danish-study-finds-2022-01-31/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The linked article was released on Jul 27, 2021

It's right at the start of the text, but you are correct about a May, 2021 analysis release date- in the second paragraph.

And the results are consistent with pretty much every report released comparing vaxxed vs unvaxxed.  You're MUCH less likely to get sick, hospitalized, pass on the virus, or die if vaxxed. It's a no brainer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I get it, seriously.  But what you say is what's causing the problems.  And is being fueled by misinformation on social media.

Yield to fear?  Come on.  Worst pandemic in 100 years and millions are now dead.  Millions more hospitalized, some with lasting consequences.

It's been proven your own biology and lifestyle won't cut it. 

You're just being stubborn and ignoring the science.  Sad you'll allow those around you to be at risk, and perhaps worse, have to mourn your death just because you're stubborn.  Incredible.

It's really weird. Mr. Derek writes this:  The more you whine and shriek about me not getting vaccinated, the more I'm not going to - precisely because of your whining and shrieking, because I refuse to be running scared like you. So maybe this is Mr. Derek's peculiar way of thanking you for putting him off vaccines? It's your fault and thanks!

• Haha 1

Staggering, but no surprise.

"Biden warns of winter of 'severe illness and death' for unvaccinated due to Omicron"

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/16/politics/joe-biden-warning-winter/index.html

His words are true (if you can prove this death rate claim by vaccination status).

Big question is what is behind the covid death numbers in America when compared to UK and Australia where more vaccinated are hospitalized and dying now.

I remember biden passing pandemic management to the governors a while back in December, "Biden said that a "federal response" is not the key to combating the COVID-19 pandemic, which he said requires resolution at the "state level."

Somethings up, why so many covid deaths in America all things considered.

45 minutes ago, chieftan said:

"Biden warns of winter of 'severe illness and death' for unvaccinated due to Omicron"

His words are true (if you can prove this death rate claim by vaccination status).

Big question is what is behind the covid death numbers in America when compared to UK and Australia where more vaccinated are hospitalized and dying now.

I remember biden passing pandemic management to the governors a while back in December, "Biden said that a "federal response" is not the key to combating the COVID-19 pandemic, which he said requires resolution at the "state level."

Easy. Many are not vaccinated. They're causing the problems.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chieftan said:

Most American movies I've seen have apparently unhealthy people walking around ( that is as regards the extras, not necessarily the cast ). If a large proportion of the population is already unhealthy, it could go some way to explaining it.

BTW, didn't Biden claim he could "fix it" before he was elected?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/promise/1517/get-covid-19-under-control/

On the campaign trail last year, Joe Biden promised that if elected president, he would get COVID-19 under control.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most American movies I've seen have apparently unhealthy people walking around ( that is as regards the extras, not necessarily the cast ). If a large proportion of the population is already unhealthy, it could go some way to explaining it.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/promise/1517/get-covid-19-under-control/

On the campaign trail last year, Joe Biden promised that if elected president, he would get COVID-19 under control.

Per your link, it's a work in progress.  He's not out of office yet and has several years to deal with this.  Remember, he inherited a mess created by the previous administration.  And a pandemic made political.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He gave up and passed the burden to the states, claiming covid will not get solved at the federal level and probably a much sounder strategy.

And sure, everywhere you look there are fat people in America, obesity is very obvious.

You can check your covid risk with this "assessment tool". Fudging the weight and height (BMI factor) shows marginally elevated risk based in BMI. This should be used with your good discretion.

https://qcovid.org/Calculation

Edited by chieftan

6 minutes ago, chieftan said:

He gave up and passed the burden to the states, claiming covid will not get solved at the federal level and probably a much sounder strategy.

And sure, everywhere you look there are fat people in America, obesity is very obvious.

Actually, it was a terrible strategy as each state did things according to their tribal politics.  Republicans shunning science in favor of re-election odds.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:25 PM, ozimoron said:

Let's get this perfectly clear. The stats provided in that sample showed that 99% of those who died were unvaccinated. That percentage will NEVER change. If more people get vaccinated the total numbers of people dying will reduce but whatever the number of people dying, 99% will be unvaccinated.

Yet more evidence that the above is total nonsense:

And no, this does not imply that vaccinations are not working. The fact the percentage of unvaccinated (amongst deaths) is falling is explained by there being fewer and fewer unvaccinated people, not by reduced vaccine efficacy.

Edited by marcardar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, marcardar said:

Yet more evidence that the above is total nonsense:

And no, this does not imply that vaccinations are not working. The fact the percentage of unvaccinated (amongst deaths) is falling is explained by there being fewer and fewer unvaccinated people, not by reduced vaccine efficacy.

A sample size of 21?

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

A sample size of 21?

No, the sample size is 69.8million (the population of Thailand).

If they took a random sample of 21 people from Thailand and then looked at how many of them were vaccinated and how many not, then you would have a point. Sadly, you don't have a point at all because the 21 people is not random - it is all the people known to have died amongst a population of 69.8million people.

Edited by marcardar

15 minutes ago, marcardar said:

No, the sample size is 69.8million (the population of Thailand).

If they took a random sample of 21 people from Thailand and then looked at how many of them were vaccinated and how many not, then you would have a point. Sadly, you don't have a point at all because the 21 people is not random - it is all the people known to have died amongst a population of 69.8million people.

Regardless, if you like bigger numbers then here is a copy of what I posted earlier:

No, it's a sample size of 21 who died. Most of the people of Thailand have never had coronavirus. We are discussing vaccinated vs unvaccinated among the deaths.

Edited by ozimoron