Would a PCR test be needed when leaving Thailand to Europe via Suvannabhumi airport?

Best to check the government website for the country you are going to.

For the UK (England) at the moment, for fully vaccinated from non red countries a day 2 and a day 8 test is required. Arrival day being day zero.

That changes from 11th Feb to no test required.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

The other thing to check  the airline you are flying with. They may have their own specific requirements.

Edited by phetphet
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A very good question to which I sought an answer months ago. Can airlines  request PCR tests independent of national  requirements?

• Country of destination rules
  • Country of transit requirement

I guarantee you could fly from Bangkok to Mexico city on All Nippon Airways via Narita airport without any requirement for covid-19  testing. Japan does not require tests for transit passengers. ANA uses the rules of the country of destination and Mexico has NO RULES

The airlines want people to fly. and are not intessted in imposing addditional restrictions. EVA, CATHAY, Emirates? may appear they are imposing a test requirement mostly because of the State authorities they are operating under requiring PCR/Ag testing for transit passengers. Hong Kong is not allowing hardly any transit at all right now.

If I was leaving Bangkok for the US now I would  prefer to fly to Frankfurt, Stockholm, or Zurich on a one way ticket spend one night in Hotel. Then get a test there, before flying to US. Avoid chance of being thrown in a paid covid prison in Thailand.