Booster Period Extended

Havenstreet1940

All our family members have been called up to get their Booster (Pfizer) next week after their last AZ shot approx 3 months ago!

Maybe it's because you had Pfizer before and for that it's indeed 6 months

Capture.JPG.07ed41581de1b5ea9993703aa6101d08.JPG.01d8b82161b51f9000c5a13224b81188.JPG

Edited by MJCM

AFAIK, the prescribed waiting periods for COVID booster shots from the Thai government have not gotten any longer with the advent of the Omicron variant.

Instead, as the MoPH chart above posted by member MJCM indicates, the prescribed waiting period after a person's second dose until they can get their third can vary from 3 to 6 months, depending on what particular vaccines they got for their first and second shots.

Two prior doses of AZ - booster 3 months later.

Two prior doses of Pfizer or Moderna -- booster 6 months later.

etc etc etc.

Check the chart for your own personal experience with vaccinations, meaning, what brand of vaccine(s) you got for your first two shots and then what the corresponding waiting period should be under the government's vaccine program.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, MJCM said:

All our family members have been called up to get their Booster (Pfizer) next week after their last AZ shot approx 3 months ago!

Maybe it's because you had Pfizer before and for that it's indeed 6 months

Capture.JPG.07ed41581de1b5ea9993703aa6101d08.JPG.01d8b82161b51f9000c5a13224b81188.JPG

Took this chart to my local hospital as they were the oneswho cancelled my appointmnet for this Friday on the basis that it was a 6 month wait for the various vaccines.

They said that the chart is datedl ast year and that the policy had changed andcame into forcethis week and that I had to wait 6 months.