Thailand Pass Access Code deleted/lost

Lost Access Code. 

My friend in UK has asked me to ask this forum for help....He started the application for Thailand Pass yesterday and then inadvertently logged out or closed the tab which had given him the Access code. Now he cannot get back into the application without that access code. Apparently they warned that he should keep the access code, but to email for help if he lost it. He emailed to [email protected] last night (UK time) and has received no reply as yet this morning (UK time). He is panicking now and that's why he's asked me to help. Could anybody suggest what to do further, or should he just wait for a reply to his email? He tells me that he is only allowed 2 attempts at applying for the Thailand Pass and doesn't want to mess up again!  Regards, thoengthaied.

Apologies, guys. I didn't explain clearly enough that he had not completed the application before he inadvertently closed the tab with the access code in it, so he didn't and would not have received an email saying that he had registered. Would it be best to just submit another application?

7 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

Apologies, guys. I didn't explain clearly enough that he had not completed the application before he inadvertently closed the tab with the access code in it, so he didn't and would not have received an email saying that he had registered. Would it be best to just submit another application?

Yes. And probably book direct with the hotel he wants to use.

Edited by overherebc

I've just been talking to my friend on Line. He has another friend with him in the UK and he's tried to do another application on his friend's laptop. His friend is connected by data, not through my friend's wifi. They are having problems getting in to the Thailand Pass application because, as far as I can understand, it's still asking for the Access Code given yesterday which he doesn't have a record of. He's really stumped now. Any further suggestions from you guys here?

3 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

I've just been talking to my friend on Line. He has another friend with him in the UK and he's tried to do another application on his friend's laptop. His friend is connected by data, not through my friend's wifi. They are having problems getting in to the Thailand Pass application because, as far as I can understand, it's still asking for the Access Code given yesterday which he doesn't have a record of. He's really stumped now. Any further suggestions from you guys here?

Maybe register a new email address,

(Write all the details down ????)  

Only thing I can think of. Not even sure myself about that especially if he has paid already for hotels using his first email address.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

If he saw a code come up on screen he completed his application.

If he didn’t get a confirmation email he’s stuck. 
A few people have not been receiving confirmation emails. 

His options are:

- Wait & hope 

- Apply again 

Applying again is the best option. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

Apply from fresh with a different email address. 

If worse comes to worst, having already been triple vaccinated, having booked and paid for both his air ticket (with Qatar from Manchester to BKK) and having already booked his hotel accomodation in an SHA++ hotel, could he take the flight then enter Thailand without the Thailand Pass but accepting maybe a longer period of quarantine?

35 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

If worse comes to worst, having already been triple vaccinated, having booked and paid for both his air ticket (with Qatar from Manchester to BKK) and having already booked his hotel accomodation in an SHA++ hotel, could he take the flight then enter Thailand without the Thailand Pass but accepting maybe a longer period of quarantine?

The airline is supposed to check that he has a Thailand Pass before allowing him to check in for his flight.

42 minutes ago, BritTim said:
1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

The airline is supposed to check that he has a Thailand Pass before allowing him to check in for his flight.

Agreed...  that ‘if the worse comes to worst’ solution is quite flawed....  he would be rejected from boarding.

But... another solution: Apply for ASQ (using exactly the same documentation) - I did this back in Nov when I was not getting any joy or response from my Test & Go application and received an instant QR code (for Alternative Quarantine). 

That at least would get him onto a plane and into country - something to have in the back pocket just in case other solutions (such as contacting Thailand Pass or the Embassy) do not pan out. 

But - the Ops friend is not at that stage yet - He just needs to reapply with a fresh e-mail address. 

• Like 2