‘We want them back’: at Lunar New Year, Thailand pines for Chinese tourists

webfact

Well Thailand may want the Chinese, but in China whole cities are locked down when only a few people contract COVID 19.

I doubt that China will be letting many of their people travel abroad, when they have a zero COVID policy going on.

Everyone had better hope that COVID is finished by 2023, as it will likely take all of 2022 to be done with the latest variant of this virus.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:57 AM, sambum said:

On the one hand TAT are desperate to get the tourists back, and (forgetting the Chinese) for that to happen, the Government needs to properly open the country, including all the bars and places of entertainment, because tourists in general do not like to be treated like lepers when they are on holiday. But the Government wants to keep the "State of Emergency" in place, so that they can keep the lid on any protests or opposition to their "Democracy" (????

Oh, deary me - what a quandary!

Yes probably a lot of truth in your statement!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Exhausting,,,,,

Where u come from

How long u stay thailand

Do u speak thai

Do u have thai lady

(daily tape loop)

Well you would be hugely offended if you said hello to a pretty Thai lady and she gave you the finger and walked off!!!

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Why blame Chinese? They didn't do anything other than accept the terms and conditions Thailand offered them to come and visit. If their numbers overwhelmed many places, is it their fault or the Thais who tried to cram in as many people they could during the shortest period of time. This is like the people who blame China for taking their jobs and industries. Who was responsible for that? China couldn't force them to relocate and depend on China for manufacturing. The US and Europe did that to themselves. All to make the 0.01 percent rich. A similar 0.01 percent in Thailand got rich off mass Chinese tourism. They are your culprits, not the Chinese tourists who just wanted to visit a place they had only imagined.

Please show me where in my post I blamed the Chinese for anything. I eagerly await your reply. 

• Like 2