‘We want them back’: at Lunar New Year, Thailand pines for Chinese tourists

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

but memories linger of the days ‘a lot of people here got rich’

Oh, is it so? and if they got rich? What have they done with they money? Sent it all. Normally, people that get rich have enough sense to create loss protection and side businesses as well as making good investments.

All a bunch of BS again. Stupid will always be stupid, and stupid will always complain.

well we all want our chinese tourists back, to be honest it is quite quiet without them,

despite the mannar problems they had occasionally, we all miss them like you miss a

restless teenager son who left home for college

, but according to experts, it willl not be before 2024

that china and hong kong will open again for business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZo8IxLyEvo

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Exactly. 21 days hotel & 7 days at home quarantine to return to Hong Kong. The messaging on covid is now impossible to walk back. 

And why would China reverse policy? Right now, one of the most effective economic tools is keeping spending domestic and money locked up from elsewhere.

Thailand may dream of Chinese cash all it wants. But those days could be over for the foreseeable future.

As a HK permanent resident,  I read that they are reducing the quarantine to 14 days after February 5th??

The same posters here who are sympathetic with the dire situation of restaurants going bust and rant that not enough have been done to help them are also ranting that they don't want the Chinese tourists back to revive the bad situation. Racist much. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

China’s government does not want its citizens traveling for many reasons. Covid-19 being only one of many reasons.  The Government has been driving out Foreigners in drove’s from Hong Kong with its 3 week Covid-19 quarantine requirement. The policy  ensures foreign businesses can not operate profitably with in Hong Kong. China’s zero tolerance Covid-19 policy is a smoke screen for larger recalibration of their society, There isn’t a epidemiologist alive who thinks Covid-19 it’s not an endemic virus. 

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Chinese and Indian tourists are price sensitive, With these crazy rules and too many requirements , in terms of cost makes it very expensive to Chinese or Indians to come and visit. They would rather visit Vietnam, Cambodia , Indonesia or Phillipines with similar offerings. I doubt anyone coming till they remove these restriction. There is a lot that need to change if they really would like to get tourists back!

On the one hand TAT are desperate to get the tourists back, and (forgetting the Chinese) for that to happen, the Government needs to properly open the country, including all the bars and places of entertainment, because tourists in general do not like to be treated like lepers when they are on holiday. But the Government wants to keep the "State of Emergency" in place, so that they can keep the lid on any protests or opposition to their "Democracy" (????

Oh, deary me - what a quandary!

Edited by sambum
Duplicated text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

And I agree with them 100%. And it has nothing to do with their race. It is about their behaviour!

Your generalization is simplistic and illogical. You saying some Chinese misbehaved so don't let the Chinese in. So western tourists misbehaved too and we shouldnt let them. Just meaningless waffle. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

all they can think of is money ......      hope they all go broke ...  Lol

A major question runs around in my mind, and has been now for a long time.

All these Business Owners that are crying about the massive loss of earnings, are still in Business. And we are talking about so many here.

How come ?

Are they borrowing money at incredible volumes from the Banks ?, are their Business ventures being supported by Dark Money Ventures ?, or do they all have a rich Uncle or Aunt that is funding them through these difficult times ?.

I know for a fact that if this situation was in the UK, most would have gone down the Crapper, as the Banks would have ceased support ages ago, unless they were assisted by the Government.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

Is this the cover photo for the new 2022 TAT strategy guide on attracting quality tourists ?

997AC9B4-263C-4F38-864A-7195DB93A0CB.jpeg

Good idea really, it solves the Chinese spit, pee & poo problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Chinese could be targeted for hate crimes if they start showing up in large numbers in Thailand. I definitely don’t agree with that but it’s possible. A lot of people blame China for covid and mixing in with drunks on Walking Street or just some crazy psycho which there are plenty of, could lead to some very ugly international incidents.

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

Is this the cover photo for the new 2022 TAT strategy guide on attracting quality tourists ?

997AC9B4-263C-4F38-864A-7195DB93A0CB.jpeg

Bathtubs, great idea for the Chinese. They don't have to leave to take a p.iss or sh.it while they are in the middle of eating or drinking...

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Oh I forgot, its the money you want... at any expense.... 

Just like your average bargirl who charges you 1,000 baht for a full night of "pay4play" and is okay with adding an extra 500 baht charge for not using a condom, should you ask her.

It's money that they want... at any expense...

This country is doomed.

• Sad 1