Big new road projects in Bangkok suburbs - Rama 2 special road set for completion in 2025

webfact

5pm.jpg

Bangkok Business News

Bangkok Business News reported that the special expressway from Ekachai to Ban Paew along Rama 2 Road would take until 2025 before it was open.

The 16.4 kilometer stretch (Route 82) costing 18.7 billion baht had contracts signed yesterday and will take 1,080 days building.

The traffic build up in the area has meant great delays travelling from Bangkok to Hua Hin, notes ASEAN NOW.

Other details announced by the transport ministry concerned:

Rama 3 - Dao Khanong - Outer Ring Road - where an 18.7 kilometer section is being built.

Thonburi to Phak Thor 8.3 kms that is 57% complete. 

and

Route 82 extension Ban Paew to Phak Thor (Ratchaburi) 47 kms that is altered to be finished by 2027. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

Yes...I've been stuck going thru that construction far too often. They are building something similar on Rt9 (kanchanpisek Rd) near Central Westgate now too...I guess years of delays...hopefully I'll live long enough to enjoy the new roads.

• Like 2

Soon after we moved into a house, in a village off Prachachuen Road, near the junction with Chaengwattana they decided to build a bridge over the junction.

We thought what a great idea but at busy times the queues on Prachachuen Road are long and not helped by the Government complex.

Now Cross’s mob are building a ‘kin railway and its bedlam.

I think that there are quite some merits living in say somewhere like the North east

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Now Cross’s mob are building a ‘kin railway and its bedlam.

But it will be wonderful when it's done, traffic on CW Rd will be back to it's normal chaos.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tonray said:

Yes...I've been stuck going thru that construction far too often. They are building something similar on Rt9 (kanchanpisek Rd) near Central Westgate now too...I guess years of delays...hopefully I'll live long enough to enjoy the new roads.

Heading up  Rattanathibet road  to Kanchanapisek Rd there is a U turn that you have to navigate to enter Central Westgate. I've navigated that junction for the last 5 years and always surprised when I come out unscathed. Hopefully part of the works you allude to will create a solution to that awful filtering manoeuvre that has to be  performed whereby you have to speed up to race the traffic coming off Rt9 and down Rattanathibet Road , then brake to enter Westgate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

Heading up  Rattanathibet road  to Kanchanapisek Rd there is a U turn that you have to navigate to enter Central Westgate. I've navigated that junction for the last 5 years and always surprised when I come out unscathed. Hopefully part of the works you allude to will create a solution to that awful filtering manoeuvre that has to be  performed whereby you have to speed up to race the traffic coming off Rt9 and down Rattanathibet Road , then brake to enter Westgate.

Yeah..I live in the area and this u-turns are the bane of my existence. There are two types , the flyovers and then the under highway ones which can only be accessed from the frontage roads. All requiring you to cut across traffic to access while other traffic is entering or exiting at the same time. Absolute bedlam