PROS AND CONS, for/against Honda Wave v Honda Click

mercman24

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

as was thinking he might rant the ass out of a gearbox driven scooter,

And of course he won't on a Click ????  Q. What is a New York minute?

Where is he and what do his mates have?

Edited by VocalNeal

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Hondas are the scooter of choice in Thailand. Yamahas are usually cheaper, and IMO just as good. The power of advertising.

Well, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".  Yama or Yamarāja, is a deity of death.  (At least the Yamaha TZ750 flat tracker would have been if it wasn't banned.) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Well, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".  Yama or Yamarāja, is a deity of death.  (At least the Yamaha TZ750 flat tracker would have been if it wasn't banned.) 

Never knew that, you've added to my education.

My Yamaha TTX is 16 yo, hasn't missed a beat. Still only 25,000 km on the odometer. Very possible it will outlive me.

• Like 1

what made me think i should not have asked that question, glad to see nothing has changed on this site, the usual idiotic replies, in answer to one question i have no idea what his friends ride, he was wanting a 110cc. and to the clowns on here i ride a Yamaha Aerox 155 and a BIG BIKE lol bye have a nice day.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

what made me think i should not have asked that question, glad to see nothing has changed on this site, the usual idiotic replies, in answer to one question i have no idea what his friends ride, he was wanting a 110cc. and to the clowns on here i ride a Yamaha Aerox 155 and a BIG BIKE lol bye have a nice day.

Some of us are quite happy to answer or help. The key is to ignore the idiotic or non relevant replies. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, warrima said:

For me the 'cargo space' of the step thru design on the click is indispensable. We can fit the weekly shop in there in an ikea bag. That alone sways it for me. We have a filano but same same. 

Same for me, and it means I can carry not only the shopping, but occasionally the big packs of water nestled between my legs on the "cargo space".

Another bonus for me is the fact that the design of the Click means that water from the road doesn't get thrown up onto my feet and legs, whereas I believe it does on the Wave.

Fossil fuels are bad, show your teenager you care about Climate change and get a DECO EV. LOCAL Thailand company

Why give Big Auto (honda) and Big oil corporations more profits?  They do not care about anyones future 

Be the example for a better, cleaner, and less noisy future 

https://decogreenenergy.com/index.php/th/

deco.jpeg

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Well you've answered one question yourself, right here. You say this young lad is wanting a 110cc. Under 18 yrs I'm guessing? Anyway that's the Click off the table because it's a 125cc. (or 150cc just to keep the pedantic ones off my back)

You'll have to look among the smaller scooters. Happy hunting.

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Fossil fuels are bad, show your teenager you care about Climate change and get a DECO EV. LOCAL Thailand company

Why give Big Auto (honda) and Big oil corporations more profits?  They do not care about anyones future 

deco.jpeg

It's a good thought. E bikes and trikes are becoming popular in our village. I've seen at least 5 new ones in recent months and I spotted a big new showroom for them when I was up in town earlier this week. It's the way to go.

I have both too, a 3 year old Wave 110 and a 16 year old 110 Click. 

The Wave is a bit agricultural but solid. No faults except battery has gone, I kick start it until I get round to ordering new one on Lazada. 

The Click has been great, used to put it in the back of pickup on the family hols. 

Most things have been replaced over the years, injection unit, brakes, battery. It still has braking issues, but every year passes the annual inspection....!

Click definitely  easier to ride and much better acceleration. I rarely get on it these days as wife hates the Wave, never come to terms with gears. 

Before this my daily ride was a Honda Sonic, but coerced into selling it to one of the family. Shame...

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, Skallywag said:

deco.jpeg

One number electric bike fans should remember is 746. The number of watts in a HP. 

So on the above website most motorbikes have a 1000W motor which is 1.3hp and the really super (sic) ones have 2000W which is 2.7hp.

To put this in perspective the old mopeds (yes needs pedals to be called a moped) were around 1.5hp.

If anyone lives near hills the electric ones don't have pedals to help up hills. 

On 2/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, Skallywag said:

Fossil fuels are bad,

This whole idea that petroleum is derived from ancient bio-mass

is without foundation.

Petroleum is formed in the mantle of the earth

then oozes up

since it is less dense that rock.

Titan, the Earth-sized planet of Saturn

Has 100x more hydrocarbons than Earth.

Derived from dinosaurs or algae?

C'mon man ... .

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 7:14 AM, seedy said:

Live in a house ? Eat ? Use plastic ? Have a computer or a cell fone ?

Yes I do, but those fumes are not consistantly in my face and causing excessive noise pollution everywhere I walk daily.  

Thailand uses over 60% natural gas in their power plants, which are regulated for NOx and out of the city with tall stacks that pollute way less than hundreds of cars and motorcycles on every street in every city

ICE cars and motor bikes are in reality forcing you to breath their exhaust and listen to their noisy exhaust every time they go down a road you are on.  So air and noise pollution at same time

Nothing I use in my home is polluting other peoples lives directly in this way AFAIK