Rain in Isan 2022

Hummin

So far so good with 8 smaller rainfalls for us here in Chaiyaphum, and one big rain where my water tanks got filled up again. First time I see rain here in our area in january for three years.

good for us since less field and forrest fires, but not so good for the tamarind season. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hummin said:

and one big rain where my water tanks got filled up again.

I am waiting a couple more weeks/months before I let the rains fill our tanks. A lot of dirt / bird s..t etc etc on the roofs and in the gutters after 3-4 months of NO rain!!

But my wife is happy she doesn't has to get up that early to start watering the garden ????

Edited by MJCM

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I am waiting a couple more weeks/months before I let the rains fill our tanks. A lot of dirt / bird s..t etc etc on the roofs and in the gutters after 3-4 months of NO rain!!

But my wife is happy she doesn't has to get up that early to start watering the garden ????

I only use the rain water for garden, and back up if necessery, and can use for shower and cleaning if needed. Have filter connected for the house pump. 

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

We also have filters, but we use the Rain Water solely for the house. No Mains Water here.

Water for the garden comes from a Well which goes into our "Fish Lake" and then it's pumped to a Holding tank for the garden.

Ps: All those feeding pipes are detachable ????

shed.JPG.492ce25ebdf761f1fb024e451745aa74.JPG

Nice set up, 

Just now, Hummin said:

Nice set up, 

Thx. Last year we ran out, (15 tanks) so we put in an extra 6 tanks!

We do almost everything with the rainwater in the house.

Showers / Dishes / Bathing the dogs / Washing etc etc except Drinking.

• Like 1

There is a splattering of rain at this time of year most years.

Known locally as the "mango showers". The mango blossom is out and needs rain to help pollination.

We have many mango tress around the garden. I recall having to use the hose one year to water the blossom as it hadn't rained at all by the start of February.

The real rain is still a few months off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

There is a splattering of rain at this time of year most years.

Known locally as the "mango showers". The mango blossom is out and needs rain to help pollination.

We have many mango tress around the garden. I recall having to use the hose one year to water the blossom as it hadn't rained at all by the start of February.

The real rain is still a few months off.

Thats interesting about the mangos.

I'll have to mention that to my wife if I don't forget.